GDT: WWE TLC (16th December 2018)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's actually impressive that, out of everyone they had slated for the MMC, these are the four finalists. :laugh:

R-Truth getting the #30 spot at the Rumble? That's nuts.

Either you do that and Carmella gets the #30 spot for the women's match, which is still quasi-believable.

Or former champ Jinder gets the spot....with Alicia Fox getting over on the women's side.

No clue which route they'll take.....maybe they'll put the #30 entrance on the line for an early title shot and then lose, or something.

I would assume Carmella and R-Truth will win.

So Carmella is fine as #30 as she was recently champ, so like, whatever.

But I would hope either R-Truth loses to Bryan before like you mentioned, or maybe at the Rumble he gets attacked backstage, to create the suspense for who #30 will be.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I would assume Carmella and R-Truth will win.

So Carmella is fine as #30 as she was recently champ, so like, whatever.

But I would hope either R-Truth loses to Bryan before like you mentioned, or maybe at the Rumble he gets attacked backstage, to create the suspense for who #30 will be.
I can see them doing something like that. But at the same time, it means we have a month of disappointment leading up to it.

They really shouldn't have booked the final to be on a PPV. They should have made it a big TV match between actual stars instead, so you don't have to avoid having everyone do double duty on a PPV.

That way you can have Bálor and Bayley win and everyone will be happy.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
How many substitutions and partner swaps did they have in this tourney, anyways? Seemed like every week a wrestler dropped out due to injury and had to be replaced.

Also, poor Ember Moon. They replaced Braun Strowman with Curt Hawkins? She didn't stand a chance. :laugh:

Also also, looking at the Wiki writeup of this tournament, both Fox/Mahal and Mella/Truth went 1-3 in the round robin and entered as the 4th seed on their show's bracket, beating a 4-0 team in the first round.

How both made it this far, well, who knows what Creative's reasoning is for any of it.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah like literally everybody got injured, so i guess they changed plans and went with whats left.
also when they said the finals would happen at TLC you could eliminate the chances on some teams as they were getting booked in other matches.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How many substitutions and partner swaps did they have in this tourney, anyways? Seemed like every week a wrestler dropped out due to injury and had to be replaced.

Also, poor Ember Moon. They replaced Braun Strowman with Curt Hawkins? She didn't stand a chance. :laugh:

Also also, looking at the Wiki writeup of this tournament, both Fox/Mahal and Mella/Truth went 1-3 in the round robin and entered as the 4th seed on their show's bracket, beating a 4-0 team in the first round.

How both made it this far, well, who knows what Creative's reasoning is for any of it.
Ember was originally a replacement herself, so that was a team were both members were replaced.

Hilarious how this tournament went considering the finals were always scheduled for this PPV, and they had to get people out of the tournament because they had something better to do.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ember was originally a replacement herself, so that was a team were both members were replaced.

Hilarious how this tournament went considering the finals were always scheduled for this PPV, and they had to get people out of the tournament because they had something better to do.

Ah, forgot about that. She replaced Alexa, right?

Also, what's so wrong with working two matches in one PPV, I wonder? Surely that's happened before......hell, Foley once had three Rumble entrances. :laugh:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
it literally happened at wrestlemania and we just had a tournament where some people fought 3 times.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I find it so god damn stupid that Elias vs. Lashley is the ladder match of the PPV and not the tag title match. Unless they’re trying to protect Sheamus, which can still happen in a ladder match since he doesn’t have to take any big bumps, it doesn’t make any sense to me.

Corbin/Strowman being a TLC stipulation is also dumb to me. Strowman should kill him in a one minute squash and be done with it.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
to be honest, i like having the good matches as singles wrestling
and people like Lashley and Elias that i dont care , can have their joke gimmicks.
the kind of PPVs get repetitive so its cool to not always have titles hanging. i want the match to mean something not be forced by the calander.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
to be honest, i like having the good matches as singles wrestling
and people like Lashley and Elias that i dont care , can have their joke gimmicks.
the kind of PPVs get repetitive so its cool to not always have titles hanging. i want the match to mean something not be forced by the calander.
I get that, but I think The Usos, New Day and Bar all have enough history to warrant a ladder or TLC match.

They’ll have a great match regardless, but you get what I mean, unless they organically build to a TLC match at Wrestlemania or something.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah. Usos/new/day/bar would make a really fun ladder match, but they will also have a really good "normal" match.
not sure i can say tthat about Lashley vs Elias. which im simply not a fan. and well if you add Lio Rush to the mix, im sure we're getting a crazy fun spot with him. so its cool.

maybe at wrestlemania they can build a match like you say, more meaningful. but whatever, im okay with the card. except maybe a little too long.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

Also, what's so wrong with working two matches in one PPV, I wonder? Surely that's happened before......hell, Foley once had three Rumble entrances. :laugh:

Seth Rollins defended the US title and the Heavyweight title in 2 different matches at Night of Champions. It's certainly not unheard of.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
While you can work two matches, it's far better for everyone if you don't. No need to overwork someone when you can trivially book to avoid such things.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

It's not wrong to do two matches on a PPV, but the setting is not right. Mixed Match Challenge is largely comedy. It's already been ridiculous that we've seen people like Charlotte have huge angles on Smackdown and turnaround to compete in Mixed Match Challenge on Smackdown. Imagine if Asuka was doing a comedy mixed-tag match and then had to come back for a super-serious ladder match in the main event of the PPV

She could probably pull it off, but I don't trust WWE booking her to do so.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Me too, but I'm sure like every other week I'll be disappointed. Really was hoping he'd make an appearance on RAW and they'd make the match vs Corbin official.
I'm hoping Braun is there and can't compete due to doctors orders, and then says "I have found a replacement...."

BAM, BRAY.

/MARK.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Realized as I was doing my predictions that I have no idea what to expect from the Smackdown Women's title. I mean, I'm not sure where lots of stuff is going, but that's the one I actually care about. I could see Becky retaining, losing it to Asuka at Royal Rumble, and winning the Rumble later in the night.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'll be at this show and the Raw following it. Good times on Sunday. Pray for my soul on Monday.

giphy.gif

Realized as I was doing my predictions that I have no idea what to expect from the Smackdown Women's title. I mean, I'm not sure where lots of stuff is going, but that's the one I actually care about. I could see Becky retaining, losing it to Asuka at Royal Rumble, and winning the Rumble later in the night.

Becky may lose the title, but she won't be the one pinned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad