WWE superstar Elias chirps the city of Toronto and the Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I'm trying to remember the last time the WWE was relevant.

I will admit though that there has been some great troll jobs, Shawn Michael's troll job in Montreal comes to mind. I honestly thought the crowd was going to f***ing lynch him.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It's probably no coincidence that the majority of people defending wrestling are lounge rats.

It appeals to the lowest common denominator. It's as lowbrow as it gets.

Your comment is kinda funny since this applies to sports as entertainment as well. Wrestling fans are far less violent at live events.

tenor.gif

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
It seems like you've had this in your back pocket for a while. That's fair, considering what you're needing to defend.

Are you also a fan of yo-yo championships, or juggling competitions? These have a few more stakes involved, as it's not entirely planned beforehand.

To each their own, I suppose. Just make sure to have your pajamas and the remote control to turn off the TV just incase your mom checks your room to make sure you're not awake past your bedtime.

Your mom let's you have a TV in your room? No way! Lucky!

Reactions: New Jersey

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
And they can actually you know act... Dwayne Johnson is really the only successful wrestler to transcend into acting. Hogan was terrible, Triple H wasn't terrible but never got a good role, Bautista is a good Drax but we need to see a lot more. Kane was a disaster.
The fact is in Hollywood wrestling is frowned upon. The Rock had to completely cut off any association and put in the work for nearly a decade before he got serious looks to be a leading man in movies that weren't the Tooth Fairy.

For every Hogan, there was a lesser known Eddie Guerrero who got you to sink into every word he spoke until he passed away who never did a single movie. Some guys can only play one or two roles (in Hogan's case it was either American hero or cocky, bigger than wrestling Hollywood character). Others are real good actors, though. You'll never see these guys winning awards for being the best actors because they're not that good, but for what they NEED to do and for having to play their role 24/7, 365 days even when they're not on TV, they do a good job of what they need to accomplish.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
There's more lowbrow people in the world than highbrow.

Just let people have their things.

All type of people enjoy wrestling. It is a show. It is silly and stupid most of the time, but it is harmless fun.

As long as you see it as any other entertainment show, I do not see what the problem is.

I think most main stream TV shows are stupid as **** and appeal to dumbasses, you will not see me belittling people for liking stupid ****. We all do to some degree.

Your comment is kinda funny since this applies to sports as entertainment as well. Wrestling fans are far less violent at live events.

Yeah, I guess what I said wasn't very nice. My bad.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
The fact is in Hollywood wrestling is frowned upon. The Rock had to completely cut off any association and put in the work for nearly a decade before he got serious looks to be a leading man in movies that weren't the Tooth Fairy.

For every Hogan, there was a lesser known Eddie Guerrero who got you to sink into every word he spoke until he passed away who never did a single movie. Some guys can only play one or two roles (in Hogan's case it was either American hero or cocky, bigger than wrestling Hollywood character). Others are real good actors, though. You'll never see these guys winning awards for being the best actors because they're not that good, but for what they NEED to do and for having to play their role 24/7, 365 days even when they're not on TV, they do a good job of what they need to accomplish.

Oh totally, I'm not bagging on Wrestlers they do a good job with the role they have but the post I replied to insinuated that there was no difference between Wrestling and Game of Thrones apart from wrestlers do their own stunts and never have an off season and that's just in no way accurate.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Guys, do you think Jon Snow should go to prison for having sex with his aunt?

Ignorance is bliss in that situation I think.

On the other hand - Daenerys has some legit legal issues coming up I think. Dozens if not hundreds of charges of 1st degree murder.

Though I'm curious to see if the fact she's 13 will mean she's a minor or charged as an adult.

Either way. VERY EXCITING.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Oh totally, I'm not bagging on Wrestlers they do a good job with the role they have but the post I replied to insinuated that there was no difference between Wrestling and Game of Thrones apart from wrestlers do their own stunts and never have an off season and that's just in no way accurate.
The acting quality is definitely one, but you know what you're getting when you watch the two shows.

A lot of people in this thread don't seem to know the difference between "fake" and "scripted" because the fact is the wrestling has their workers put much more stress and wear and tear on their body than acting in a show like GoT or TWD or anything else like that and it's really not even close.

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
And they can actually you know act... Dwayne Johnson is really the only successful wrestler to transcend into acting. Hogan was terrible, Triple H wasn't terrible but never got a good role, Bautista is a good Drax but we need to see a lot more. Kane was a disaster.
John Cena is literally fantastic in movies and was absolutely hilarious in Blockers and that Amy Shumer movie a whiles back. Bautista is literally awesome in Guardians of the Galaxy and he was really good in the independent film The Man with the Iron Fists with GZA from WUTANG.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
John Cena is literally fantastic in movies and was absolutely hilarious in Blockers and that Amy Shumer movie a whiles back. Bautista is literally awesome in Guardians of the Galaxy and he was really good in the independent film The Man with the Iron Fists with GZA from WUTANG.

Nor can we discredit all the fantastic work wrestlers put into the Sharknado series.

Reactions: VickAshley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad