GDT: WWE ROYAL RUMBLE (January 29, 2017) -- Our Christmas is Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I would just love to hear that music ANYWHERE in the rumble. Crowd would lose their ****.

He looks great, BTW. Walking without any limp and putting up some serious weight. For a long time, he looked in deep pain when he was walking.

If he said "No, I'm going to be in [insert city here]" I'd fully expect him in the Rumble, tbh.

Tell me he said he's going to another city.

That being said, I'm still gonna watch WrestleMania alone (on HFWF) because that's just tradition I can't break. :)

Please break it.

Just kidding.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Please break it.

Just kidding.

giphy.gif

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
TBH i'm gonna go off the rail and say if by some miracle, kurt angle is in the rumble, he'll be #10.

Vince be like "Oh? you rat ******** will boo anyone that comes out #10 except dillinger? We'll see about that!"

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
TBH i'm gonna go off the rail and say if by some miracle, kurt angle is in the rumble, he'll be #10.

Vince be like "Oh? you rat ******** will boo anyone that comes out #10 except dillinger? We'll see about that!"

they wont boo they will chant You Suck :sarcasm:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They'll probably just bring out one of the big names, mostly Lesnar, in that spot to **** **** up and the crowd will quickly forget about it.

Or, a super over full-time guy with the crowd, like Orton, Ambrose, Jericho or the best NXT guy they can bring up at the moment - Samoa Joe.

It has legitimately been suggested at least once on this board alone that it would be a DB-like takeover by the crowd, which is asinine to even consider because it's a slap in the face at how over Daniel Bryan actually was to compare it to Tye Dillinger.

Actually it was said they are worried it would become the new what? Chant.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It doesn't matter if it's the most obvious thing to do... it's the right thing to do. It will go strong with the crowd and still be an awesome moment.

Same as TD coming in at #10. While completely obvious, it's still the right thing to do. And we know they won't because a "chant" might ruin part-timers moment. :laugh:

I'm more tired of people constantly suggesting it because I don't believe WWE is ever going to do it.

They seem afraid to give someone that kind of heat.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Actually it was said they are worried it would become the new what? Chant.

There is next to no chance it becomes the new WHAT! chant, (not flexible enough) and if it does, it means that he's gotten over to such a degree that we'll hit a boom period.

As for taking over the rumble, like they did with DBry, even if he entered fans would have no expectation of him winning.

My god the WWE makes so much noise about grabbing the brass ring so to speak, but then when their performers get over, they seem to get mad at the way they got over.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I am at a concert Sunday night, so expect everything awesome to happen.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Alright because I'm bored, gonna run down the list of confirmed entrants and my thoughts on who has a chance of winning and who doesn't.

The Undertaker - yes but doubtful because the Streak
Goldberg - yes but doubtful
Brock - yes but doubtful
Ambrose - unlikely
Corbin - no
Miz - no
Braun - yes
Sami - underdog story in play right now so yes
Jericho - no
Big Show - have fun with Shaq
Dolph - no
Big E - no
Xavier - no
Kofi - no
Cesaro - doubtful
Sheamus - not after last time
Bray - no
Harper - could see it but doubtful
Orton - yes
Mojo Rawley - 1 second
Big Cass - no
Rusev - unlikely

And for the last 8 spots, I'll go with:
Samoa Joe
1 more NXT'er
AJ
Owens
Shaq
Legend
Legend
Legend

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
Alright because I'm bored, gonna run down the list of confirmed entrants and my thoughts on who has a chance of winning and who doesn't.

Brock - yes but doubtful
Ambrose - unlikely
Corbin - no
Miz - no
Braun - yes
Jericho - no
Dolph - no
Big E - no
Xavier - no
Kofi - no
Cesaro - doubtful
Bray - no
Orton - yes
Mojo Rawley - 1 second
Big Cass - no
Rusev - unlikely

Samoa Joe
1 more NXT'er
AJ
Owens
Shaq
Legend
Legend
Legend

My money's on either Joe or Zayn.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Don't expect AJ, KO, Roman, or Cena in the Rumble IMO. Not expecting Seth either.

Kane will get a spot, Ellsworth will get a spot (he is campaigning for one on social media). I still expect HHH. Joe, Tye, and two surprises. One will be either Shaq or a legend. The other Finn, legend, or Nakamura (long shot).

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm very confused as to why Harper would be listed as "could see it but doubtful" while Bray is a straight up no.

Certainly feels reversed to me.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Both the poster in the op and the poster AJ brought up on Smackdown feature Roman dead center in the exact place that your eye is supposed to be drawn. Next step is WWE putting pro-Roman subliminal messages in their programming. Then they'll release an album that says "Roman is the guy" over and over again if you play it backwards.

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
I'm very confused as to why Harper would be listed as "could see it but doubtful" while Bray is a straight up no.

Certainly feels reversed to me.

Bray has his program with Orton and I don't think you need the title to be in that feud. To be fair, I should probably list Orton as a 'no' as well but I have him as a 'yes' simply because the oddsmakers seem to think he's going to win.

I think you could split off Harper at this point from Bray and it would be an effective way of doing so by hotshotting him a title shot. Guy would be legit with the crowd IMO.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Both the poster in the op and the poster AJ brought up on Smackdown feature Roman dead center in the exact place that your eye is supposed to be drawn. Next step is WWE putting pro-Roman subliminal messages in their programming. Then they'll release an album that says "Roman is the guy" over and over again if you play it backwards.

It is the same poster. This one just photoshopped AJ in front and photoshopped a funny HHH over the real AJ

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It is the same poster. This one just photoshopped AJ in front and photoshopped a funny HHH over the real AJ

I didn't even notice Trips up there.:laugh:

I still can't get over Roman's placement. It reminds me of drawing class in college when they taught us about the use of perspective.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
wonder what kind of surprises for the rumble wwe will bring out this year. legend legend/samoa joe. nakamarua? longshot kurt angle..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Women's trios has been moved to the pre-show

Brock - yes but doubtful
Ambrose - unlikely
Corbin - no
Miz - no
Braun - yes
Jericho - no
Dolph - no
Big E - no
Xavier - no
Kofi - no
Cesaro - doubtful
Bray - no
Orton - yes
Mojo Rawley - 1 second
Big Cass - no
Rusev - unlikely

Samoa Joe
1 more NXT'er
AJ
Owens
Shaq
Legend
Legend
Legend

Mojo will last longer than 1 second. Maybe 3 or 4 minutes, I'd say. Titus O'Neil, meanwhile....

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Kalisto is in the poster so I assume we have 7 unaccounted spots

Joe
Tye
Ellsworth
Balor?
1 more Debut/Return/Midcarder
Legend
Legend