GDT: WWE ROYAL RUMBLE (January 29, 2017) -- Our Christmas is Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I only very loosely follow WWE nowadays, can some please explain to me the significance of the 10th entry this year that everyone keeps talking about?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I only very loosely follow WWE nowadays, can some please explain to me the significance of the 10th entry this year that everyone keeps talking about?

tye-dillinger-perfect-10.png

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
There's a guy in NXT (the developmental system) called Tye Dillinger, and his gimmick is that he's the "perfect ten". He's gotten himself very over with the NXT fans, so you get massive "Ten!" changes all the time at NXT shows. Like any time the ref is counting 1-2-3, the fans are going 10-10-10 and so on. It's fun.

He's very much main roster ready, and obviously him debuting as number ten in the Rumble is the thing to do.

The only problem is that WWE have concerns with his chant. If it catches on, then it could easily ruin shows and it'll be very hard to remove. Like if the fans keep counting 10-10-10... for count outs then you can't actually have any count out spots anymore as the fans will ruin any drama in it. Same with last man standing matches and so on. It could be another 'what?' chant that has been ruining promos since forever.

So if it's not happening, there's a decent chance that the fans will turn on the Rumble match or who ever is in the 10 spot. So they need to put someone in to soak the heat. Miz has been on fire recently and can easily handle the heat, so he makes perfect sense to come in at 10.

But it's important to note here that Dillinger is just a guy. He's nothing special as far as star power is concerned. He's not going to be a world champion or anything any time soon (and probably never), he's just a good (but not great) worker. So WWE are not really desperate to call him up or make a big deal out of him, if the concerns over his chant are big enough then they wouldn't be hurt by just ignoring him and not calling him up at all. Ofc the fans love him and take issue with this.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im also completely over the idea of Miz with DB music since its been beaten into the ground now

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
im also completely over the idea of Miz with DB music since its been beaten into the ground now

It doesn't matter if it's the most obvious thing to do... it's the right thing to do. It will go strong with the crowd and still be an awesome moment.

Same as TD coming in at #10. While completely obvious, it's still the right thing to do. And we know they won't because a "chant" might ruin part-timers moment. :laugh:

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
There's a guy in NXT (the developmental system) called Tye Dillinger, and his gimmick is that he's the "perfect ten". He's gotten himself very over with the NXT fans, so you get massive "Ten!" changes all the time at NXT shows. Like any time the ref is counting 1-2-3, the fans are going 10-10-10 and so on. It's fun.

He's very much main roster ready, and obviously him debuting as number ten in the Rumble is the thing to do.

The only problem is that WWE have concerns with his chant. If it catches on, then it could easily ruin shows and it'll be very hard to remove. Like if the fans keep counting 10-10-10... for count outs then you can't actually have any count out spots anymore as the fans will ruin any drama in it. Same with last man standing matches and so on. It could be another 'what?' chant that has been ruining promos since forever.

So if it's not happening, there's a decent chance that the fans will turn on the Rumble match or who ever is in the 10 spot. So they need to put someone in to soak the heat. Miz has been on fire recently and can easily handle the heat, so he makes perfect sense to come in at 10.

But it's important to note here that Dillinger is just a guy. He's nothing special as far as star power is concerned. He's not going to be a world champion or anything any time soon (and probably never), he's just a good (but not great) worker. So WWE are not really desperate to call him up or make a big deal out of him, if the concerns over his chant are big enough then they wouldn't be hurt by just ignoring him and not calling him up at all. Ofc the fans love him and take issue with this.

Wow, that was very thorough. Thanks!

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
preshow is at 5? damn this gonna be a long show. im glad its starting an hour early. including preshow thats 10pm-4am with overrun for me :D

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
If they went with anyone else at #10 and then they put someone huge at #11 i guarantee the crowd wouldn't give a **** about tye reaaaaal quick.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
how the crowd would hijack the Rumble match.

I havent really seen anyone say this. actually the only time ive seen it is people complaining about those who apparently said it

I want Tye to debut as much or more as the next guy but the crowd wont be DB-levels of pissed if he doesnt whatsoever.

same as people who think the 10 chant will be as bad as the what chant. I will bet cash money its never even close to as bad or annoying as the what chant. the what chant can kill promos stone dead and these days we hear it on what.... 30-50% of them now? maybe around that. I would bet the 10 chant only really ends up happening during Tye matches down the line. I dont see it being as widespread. even the night after Takeover where the chant was huge all night, the next night at SS it was there but not that often and not show-ruining by any means

then theres the "Miz to DB's music" which is like "heres a cool booking idea" then bringing it up every ****ing 5 minutes on this board and r/SC like its some genius new idea when its just repeated over and over and over

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If they went with anyone else at #10 and then they put someone huge at #11 i guarantee the crowd wouldn't give a **** about tye reaaaaal quick.

They'll probably just bring out one of the big names, mostly Lesnar, in that spot to **** **** up and the crowd will quickly forget about it.

Or, a super over full-time guy with the crowd, like Orton, Ambrose, Jericho or the best NXT guy they can bring up at the moment - Samoa Joe.

I havent really seen anyone say this. actually the only time ive seen it is people complaining about those who apparently said it

I want Tye to debut as much or more as the next guy but the crowd wont be DB-levels of pissed if he doesnt whatsoever.

same as people who think the 10 chant will be as bad as the what chant. I will bet cash money its never even close to as bad or annoying as the what chant. the what chant can kill promos stone dead and these days we hear it on what.... 30-50% of them now? maybe around that. I would bet the 10 chant only really ends up happening during Tye matches down the line. I dont see it being as widespread. even the night after Takeover where the chant was huge all night, the next night at SS it was there but not that often and not show-ruining by any means

then theres the "Miz to DB's music" which is like "heres a cool booking idea" then bringing it up every ****ing 5 minutes on this board and r/SC like its some genius new idea when its just repeated over and over and over

It has legitimately been suggested at least once on this board alone that it would be a DB-like takeover by the crowd, which is asinine to even consider because it's a slap in the face at how over Daniel Bryan actually was to compare it to Tye Dillinger.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
It has legitimately been suggested at least once on this board alone that it would be a DB-like takeover by the crowd, which is asinine to even consider because it's a slap in the face at how over Daniel Bryan actually was to compare it to Tye Dillinger.

well if true, I missed it and its super dumb.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Gonna be at a Rumble party so won't be posting that much in here on Sunday. :(

Will drop in every now and then on my phone though for big moments to write in all caps and/or complain. :laugh:

I get scorned anytime I even suggest this to my friends :laugh: The stigma lives.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah none of my buddies watch wrestling, so I don't get Rumble or Mania parties. Next sunday is the Super Bowl and i've been invited to like 3 different viewing parties... Oh well. Two solid sundays in terms of big events for me tho GO PATS!!!

giphy.gif

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
also im rewatching the 2010 Rumble. Punk is ****ing NAPALM this rumble. I miss Punk :(

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Got to talk to Kurt Angle today at the gym. In passing wished him congratulations on the HOF and he actually stopped to shake my hand and thank me. I then asked if he had a flight to Texas this weekend and he laughed and said unfortunately no. :( :( :(

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Got to talk to Kurt Angle today at the gym. In passing wished him congratulations on the HOF and he actually stopped to shake my hand and thank me. I then asked if he had a flight to Texas this weekend and he laughed and said unfortunately no. :( :( :(

He's working you. Angle confirmed. :sarcasm:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
He's working you. Angle confirmed. :sarcasm:

I would just love to hear that music ANYWHERE in the rumble. Crowd would lose their ****.

He looks great, BTW. Walking without any limp and putting up some serious weight. For a long time, he looked in deep pain when he was walking.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I get scorned anytime I even suggest this to my friends :laugh: The stigma lives.

Haha boo - I didn't have any friends who watched for the longest time but a bunch of people I know got into it the past years when Bryan rose up so it's nice to have a crew again. Plus the FB Wrestling group I admin has meet-ups every now and then for big PPVs and events.

That being said, I'm still gonna watch WrestleMania alone (on HFWF) because that's just tradition I can't break. :)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I would just love to hear that music ANYWHERE in the rumble. Crowd would lose their ****.

He looks great, BTW. Walking without any limp and putting up some serious weight. For a long time, he looked in deep pain when he was walking.
He had a knee injury for most of last year which was bothering him quite a bit. Was doing shorter matches on the indies and stuff. I know his match with Sabre Jr. I went to was a bit shorter than they wanted because of it. Hopefully that's all fully healed up now. Don't know if he had any surgery for it, but I don't think he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad