GDT: WWE Royal Rumble 2024

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brock Lesnar was supposed to set up a program with Dominik for Australia, accoring to Post Wrestling. I would imagine that meant he was getting Priest at Wrestlemania

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Screenshot_20240128_183359_Instagram.jpg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Watching Cody’s press conference and that dude is gonna be a senator within 15 years. Very smart man with his answers, smarter than HHH

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I concur. it redirects into a death spiral. I would just guess that republicworld isn't a top quality source of wrestling news but what do I know. Doesn't mean they are incorrect but they wouldn't be the first place I would turn for breaking news, at least given the name and nothing else, lol

"Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez discussed the situation in the aftermath of WWE Royal Rumble on Wrestling Observer Radio. Meltzer stated that WWE still has plans for a singles match between The Rock and Roman Reigns this year, but it’s unclear when and where. He emphasized that it is still happening, even after Rhodes’ victory in the Royal Rumble match"

just for fun...i have no thoughts one way or the other. it would be funny if he was injured, sad but funny, his body is forsaking him.

Last edited:

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Jordynne Grace was the highlight of the night for me. The fact that WWE announced her and the TNA championship and her beating Noami/Trinity was astonishing to me.

The RR winners were very blah to me. I know as a person Pam Martinez deserves the win, but Bayley the character was a choice to win felt very bland to me. As long as it expedite her exile from Damage Control, I'm fine with it. As for Cody, this is pure ego on his part. Cody winning felt forced to say the least. Would not surprise me if WWE fans start to turn on Cody, like AEW fans did.

R-truth is a treaure. Getting a hot tag in the RR match made me laugh.

Roman won again. Ho hum. With the belt, Roman gets lost in the shuffle. Rollins and Gunther are better champions than Roman.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
If 60 entrances told me anything, it's that they need to spend some of that $5B from Netflix diversifying their theme writers. Half of them sound exactly the same.

Particularly, go re-watch Andrade's entrance and tell me the guy saying "El Idolo" doesn't just sound like a fat guy belching.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
If 60 entrances told me anything, it's that they need to spend some of that $5B from Netflix diversifying their theme writers. Half of them sound exactly the same.

Particularly, go re-watch Andrade's entrance and tell me the guy saying "El Idolo" doesn't just sound like a fat guy belching.

Jelly Roll was there, so it is possible that is what actually happened

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It's funny Cody is the same exact character as AEW that I got burnt out on...

Nice to see others burn out on him too

He's still extremely over with the live crowds. But I can see a portion turning on him once the chase is over and he's been the champ for a couple months.

I don't really get it, personally. Yeah, I can see why women would be behind him, but he doesn't particularly have the superhero vibe to draw kids like Cena did, and I have no idea why men would be into him.

His whole, "I am the guy" speech in the media appearance after was extremely tone deaf, to me. He's managed to carefully walk the line of being bland but over for two years now. No need to shove himself off it by injecting a big dose of arrogance.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He's still extremely over with the live crowds. But I can see a portion turning on him once the chase is over and he's been the champ for a couple months.

I don't really get it, personally. Yeah, I can see why women would be behind him, but he doesn't particularly have the superhero vibe to draw kids like Cena did, and I have no idea why men would be into him.

His whole, "I am the guy" speech in the media appearance after was extremely tone deaf, to me. He's managed to carefully walk the line of being bland but over for two years now. No need to shove himself off it by injecting a big dose of arrogance.

Any day now.

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Jordynne Grace was the highlight of the night for me. The fact that WWE announced her and the TNA championship and her beating Noami/Trinity was astonishing to me.

The RR winners were very blah to me. I know as a person Pam Martinez deserves the win, but Bayley the character was a choice to win felt very bland to me. As long as it expedite her exile from Damage Control, I'm fine with it. As for Cody, this is pure ego on his part. Cody winning felt forced to say the least. Would not surprise me if WWE fans start to turn on Cody, like AEW fans did.

R-truth is a treaure. Getting a hot tag in the RR match made me laugh.

Roman won again. Ho hum. With the belt, Roman gets lost in the shuffle. Rollins and Gunther are better champions than Roman.
I liked Bayley winning, I think she ends up challenging Iyo Sky for the title and it also puts Dakota Kai in an awkward position of having to choose between Bayley and Iyo (we know where Asuka/Kairi stand).

So, it should make for a really good feud leading up to WM.

Reactions: Fro

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Any day now.

They might stick with him. I think it really depends on who they book him against during his run and how long his run lasts. It probably better suits him to have a 3-4 month run than 6-8 months. Even Rollins, who is beloved in spite of having a shit character, has a title run that fans have grown tired of.

If you book him against heels like Roman/Solo/Logan/Dominic, I can see the fans sticking with him. But they'll absolutely turn on him against a babyface the crowd feels is deserving of a title run, and I can very easily see them turning on him against a heel like Drew, who is pretty justified in all his storyline gripes.

There's a couple things keeping Cody from a Cena response right now. First off, Cena had the golden child perception of everything being handed to him, whereas people know Cody was held back for real and had to leave to make his own name, which has earned him a justified bit of respect. Secondly, AEW kinda took the "Bizzaro World" fan base that bucked the trend of anything WWE wanted to do and highjacked shows. The other thing is, WWE is way better now than they were 10-15 years ago at casting their heels and faces accordingly and not resisting the fans if they "Turn" one.

When your faces are lame and your heels are "Cool", you're begging for a fan turn. Cody's lame, but respected and booked against heels who are good heels. Drew is bordering on a "Cool" heel because he's justified. Booking them against each other would be a bad move, IMO.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
They might stick with him. I think it really depends on who they book him against during his run and how long his run lasts. It probably better suits him to have a 3-4 month run than 6-8 months. Even Rollins, who is beloved in spite of having a shit character, has a title run that fans have grown tired of.

If you book him against heels like Roman/Solo/Logan/Dominic, I can see the fans sticking with him. But they'll absolutely turn on him against a babyface the crowd feels is deserving of a title run, and I can very easily see them turning on him against a heel like Drew, who is pretty justified in all his storyline gripes.

There's a couple things keeping Cody from a Cena response right now. First off, Cena had the golden child perception of everything being handed to him, whereas people know Cody was held back for real and had to leave to make his own name, which has earned him a justified bit of respect. The other thing is, WWE is way better now than they were 10-15 years ago at casting their heels and faces accordingly and not resisting the fans if they "Turn" one.

When your faces are lame and your heels are "Cool", you're begging for a fan turn. Cody's lame, but respected and booked against heels who are good heels. Drew is bordering on a "Cool" heel because he's justified. Booking them against each other would be a bad move, IMO.

But will the fans really turn as long as they can keep singing along to the entrance music?

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Nm..reading compression
I've never seen someone botch the expression reading comprehension. I love this. I don't think this is ironic. I can't tell ya what is though. You know what I mean. It's like cousins or some shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino