GDT: WWE NXT TakeOver Brooklyn III

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Scottish Triple H

was not aware I was wrestling tomorrow :naughty:

Drew is odd. I like his indie work but... im just not hyped at all for that match. maybe its cause ive always been a bit "meh" on Bobby Roode, and im not all the way there with Drew.

same with Asuka/Ember. It will be a good match but I dont give a flying **** about Ember and will be really disappointed if she dethrones Asuka.

I also dunno how the crowd will take AOP vs Sanity. AOP are tolerable when working a good face team but we will see how it plays out

Black/Itami has match of the weekend potential. as I said its not the show I WANT to see, but I still think it will be a very good show

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm honestly not really interested in this show. Outside of Corporate Triple H vs Scottish Triple H and itami's match, i have very little care for anything else.

Asuka won't go down, not to some unknown NXT rook (at least IMO) and we all know anything gargano does until champa is back is gonna be fluff.

also the AoP are garbage so yeah, not that exciting of a card.

Ember Moon has in NXT for over a year, and has fought Asuka before. You can't call her unknown just because you don't know who she is.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Shout out to Scottish triple H and Corporate Triple H.

I think NXT should scour the globe for more HHH's. Japanese HHH, Austrailian HHH, female HHH, German HHH, British HHH.

Instead of we are NXT, HHH is NXT LOL.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I like the potential of this show...would like to see a belt change hands.

Order of likelihood...
1. MacIntrye over Roode
2. Sanity over Authors of Pain
3. Ember over Asuka

Black-Itami will be awesome.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I'm honestly excited to see Black's entrance. I think it'll be up there with some of Shinsuke's or Finn's entrances from past Takeovers.

So good.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I like the potential of this show...would like to see a belt change hands.

Order of likelihood...
1. MacIntrye over Roode
2. Sanity over Authors of Pain
3. Ember over Asuka

Black-Itami will be awesome.

Theres not gonna be 3 title changes, theres usually only 1 and at max I've only ever seen 2

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I'll be honest here I like AOP, and the sanity AOP match should be fun with some strong power moves as they have 3 big beasts in there in AOP and dain.

Also smart move would be for Asuka to win the match vs Ember then leave to go up to Smackdown and continue her reign undefeated, next year you could build Bayley back up (not my first choice) and move them to the same roster for a underdog va undefeated story line or my personal choice an redemption story line, Asuka wins at Brooklyn then vacates and goes up to smackdown to dominate. In the meantime ember "trains" to get better then starts dominating NXT and shows up on smackdown after wrestlemania to get her championship from Asuka, boom they can feud with Askua getting cheap victories or in tag matches until Ember wins at summerslam with 2 eclipses; but that plan requires patience and I don't see wwe having that so I expect Ember to win at Brooklyn

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Theres not gonna be 3 title changes, theres usually only 1 and at max I've only ever seen 2

I didn't say all 3 would change...just ranked them in order of likelihood.

The title matches in these shows have been good but when was the last time these belts were changed? Dunne won the UK in Chicago but I'm talking the NXT belts.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I didn't say all 3 would change...just ranked them in order of likelihood.

The title matches in these shows have been good but when was the last time these belts were changed? Dunne won the UK in Chicago but I'm talking the NXT belts.

January for the Tag and NXT title

April 2016 for the Womens title.

Remember tho theres only like 4-5 TakeOvers a year. I like that their building solid champions tho. AOP have been booked well and actually take bumps but still look dominant. Roode has been GLORIOUS and no one is ready for Auska.

I could maybe see Sanity take the tag belts but I think this TakeOver is there finale then a main roster call up for the Stable is coming.

I see no belts changing this weekend. Thats just my bold prediction

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Ember Moon has in NXT for over a year, and has fought Asuka before. You can't call her unknown just because you don't know who she is.

I clearly know who she is or did the 'NXT" part of nobody not spell that out? So, i can and i will.

Just because shes been in NXT for a year doesn't mean jack ****. Just like plenty of guys and girls being on the main roster for half a decade+ doesn't mean anything. Alicia fox has been in WWE for what, 11 years? One title to her name. But ember moon has been in NXT for a whole year! :sarcasm:

Outside of NXT, she's a nobody and even then nobody wants her to beat asuka.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm expecting Almas to win as well. Gargano (and Ciampa) got over a loss last year, with Gargano tapping out no less.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm expecting Almas to win as well. Gargano (and Ciampa) got over a loss last year, with Gargano tapping out no less.

See i think Gargano is taking it. I feel like their gonna build him up while Ciampa is gone. Get a baby face for the fans to really get behind. There really isn't one right now. Except Black, but he hasn't said a single word yet in NXT

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Almas needs a win too, especially with the character they're remaking him with Thea Trinidad

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If merch is any indication around Barclays Center, Bobby Roode will unsuprisingly be the most over person on the show.

However, NOBODY IS READY FOR ASUKA

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Asuka isnt nearly as popular as some of you think. Thats partially do to her not having any real competition for the better part of a year.

The problem is asuka is way better in the ring than anyone she faces unless you involve gimmicks and fatal 4 ways and all that non sense. But 1v1 who was the last person that had any cred to them to go an entire match with counters? Mickie James?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad