GDT: WWE NXT TakeOver Brooklyn III

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Changed my mind. Keep Asuka in NXT. Vince and Bucky beaver will **** her up.

Hot take...they don't know how to handle stars with limited English. I'm sure that's not the first time that's been said.

How they book them in the ring...that can go a lot of ways. I don't think limited promo skills should prevent someone from being a badass in the ring. If they can go in the ring...why stop them?

I've yet to hear a promo from Black. I don't know how good his English is but his character is similar to early Undertaker where he didn't need to talk. His presence did all the talking.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I can't think of one wrestler who has came up that's been bigger than they were in NXT except Bliss and Carmella. Maybe Charlotte. Would have said Corbin until the last week.

I'd also add Rollins (even though he was NXT champ, he didn't have the championship all that long and I don't think he had very many title defense) and maybe Big E (although he did have the 5-count gimmick in NXT). Also Strowman. I'm not sure he ever made a TV debut before he got sent up to the main roster.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hot take...they don't know how to handle stars with limited English. I'm sure that's not the first time that's been said.

How they book them in the ring...that can go a lot of ways. I don't think limited promo skills should prevent someone from being a badass in the ring. If they can go in the ring...why stop them?

I've yet to hear a promo from Black. I don't know how good his English is but his character is similar to early Undertaker where he didn't need to talk. His presence did all the talking.

Hotter take. They don't know how to handle stars period. They try to turn them into what they think works and it fails majority of the time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I've watched out of character interviews. There's no problem with his English.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You don't need great English to get over. You really don't.

Asuka says just enough with her few broken English lines. You just have to book correctly. Asking them to give long in ring promos is stupid but that is on the writers.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE is reporting a broken collarbone for Asuka. Looking at 6-8 weeks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
At 6-8 weeks, with NXT Tapings, they don't have to do anything they didn't already want to do. It sucks for house shows, but that's wrestling, they get to see what the division looks like without her in that regard.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why would you immediately debut her with an injury angle though?

Should make her opponent in Houston a bigger threat.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Why would you immediately debut her with an injury angle though?

Should make her opponent in Houston a bigger threat.
Debut her with an injury angle? What?

No... just have her come back after the injury and squash Carmella for the title.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just have her drop the belt to a certain someone and bring her up after Wrestlemania. It's not hard.

Certain someone
[spoil]Kairi[/spoil]

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bayley getting booed at Summerslam got me depressed and made me realize how ****ing awful the main roster has been carrying over the mega heat of people from NXT.

Bayley might be the worst example. I legit don't think anyone in creative had to believe her feud with Bliss was a good idea. That was either sabotage or they are really that stupid.

It isn't just her though. Sasha came up the biggest star on earth and they wasted all that heat away. Finn is wasting time doing IDK what.

They ****ing ruined Nakamura. Sami was hot as hell, Big nothing for him. American Alpha totally botched. Joe is doing alright but he is about to be sacrificed st the altar of Hustle, Loyality, and Respect before the Big Dawg finishes the scraps. Meanwhile they keep trying to make Nia Jax happen, and pushed Corbin for way too long.

I'm legit afraid of how they are going to ruin Asuka or Johnny Wrestling next.

Why is Vince and company so bad at this?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just have her drop the belt to a certain someone and bring her up after Wrestlemania. It's not hard.

Certain someone
[spoil]Kairi[/spoil]

They wouldn't have to wait that long for that unless they wanted to.

Winner of the tournament should get a shot coming out of the tournament. But I'll be perfectly fine if they wait until Philly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad