GDT: WWE Network Special - WWE ROADBLOCK (Saturday, March 12, 2016) - HHH vs. Ambrose

S A W F T*

So apparently this got bumped to a 3 hour event now?

This is going to be better than actual wrestlemania isn't it? :laugh:

Yeah and WM32 will have an extra 1 hour of filler!

I really don't like WM at 4 hours. I guess the only good thing about it is that it starts earlier.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like this whole thing is an attempt to get Hunter over as a heel.

That said, I'll probably still watch if I'm home.

S A W F T*

They have the talent for a 4 hour show but instead give us the people that don't have talent and a lot of filler....

They don't have talent for a 4 hour show as it stands today. I'd be with you if there wasn't a major injury crisis right now.

The roster itself has talented individuals capable of performing on that big stage but WWE doesn't seem to like to build for the future so it's only themselves to blame that no one cares about said individuals.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I feel like this whole thing is an attempt to get Hunter over as a heel.

That said, I'll probably still watch if I'm home.

They might have to keep HHH off TV during the NXT event during WM weekend or else HHH might be one of the biggest faces of the company that weekend.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wrestlemania is always four hours.

And HHH is already going to be the biggest babyface of Wrestlemania weekend. Did you guys hear the reaction when he eliminated Reigns at the Rumble? Throw almost 100,000 (okay, 75,000?) smarks in a stadium and of course the guy who gave us NXT and brought in talents like Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, etc. will be the biggest babyface of the weekend.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
They can try but its Trips. He is going to make damn sure he is seen at Dallas: Takeover to soak it all in.

He doesn't give a ****.

He'll open the show in some dark segment before the opening package promo again and just hype up the crowd and soak it all in probably similar to what he did in Brooklyn.

Triple H is going into Mania as face no matter what. But I agree that Roadblock is to try and get him some heat when be beats Dean, then once Roman comes back the boo's of beating Dean limitedly become cheers to beat Reigns.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Wrestlemania is the one PPV where its completely acceptable to run over 3 hours. It's supposed to be literally the biggest show of the year for them.

Getting the right talent on the show on the other hand is a whole other story.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Injuries haven't helped them but with guys/gals like Cesaro, Neville, KO, Ambrose, Wyatt, Orton, Rollins, Cena, Rusev, Kalisto, New Day, Lesnar, AJ, Sasha, Charlotte, Becky and up and comers like E&C, Joe, Fin, Sami, Bayley, etc...

..you should be able to get a 3 hour RAW without clutter and a 3-4 hour PPV without garbage matches or boring rivalries. Its booking that kills a lot of it.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Wrestlemania is always four hours.

And HHH is already going to be the biggest babyface of Wrestlemania weekend. Did you guys hear the reaction when he eliminated Reigns at the Rumble? Throw almost 100,000 (okay, 75,000?) smarks in a stadium and of course the guy who gave us NXT and brought in talents like Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, etc. will be the biggest babyface of the weekend.

Trips planned this.

He misses being da face of da company.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Trips planned this.

He misses being da face of da company.

I think if HHH truly wanted to be the 'face' of a company (though he arguably has been for years as the on air authority) I think he could've come up with a quicker plan than build up IWC love over years though NXT, etc.

...unless he's so vindictive he had to get his win back over the IWC who hated on him for years...that's why he's doing this!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think if HHH truly wanted to be the 'face' of a company (though he arguably has been for years as the on air authority) I think he could've come up with a quicker plan than build up IWC love over years though NXT, etc.

...unless he's so vindictive he had to get his win back over the IWC who hated on him for years...that's why he's doing this!

I think he is just rolling with it at this point.

Maybe Vince thinks somehow HHH getting heel heat over Dean will somehow transfer to Roman

But the rest of the world (and I think HHH too) knows it will not work that way. He will be the heel tomorrow and Sunday in the ring facing Dean and then right back to face the moment Roman wakes up from his nap.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
It's ridiculous how they think him facing Ambrose is going to translate to HHH heat.

They aren't cheering for Triple H cause they like him. He's just a better option then Roman, and the fans know it.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Triple H could have won the rumble and stayed off TV the next 2 months and would STILL get the biggest pop of the night in mania just because all the NXT fans will be in attendance and know without him they wouldn't get to see all the insane **** that will has/will go down in dallas.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's ridiculous how they think him facing Ambrose is going to translate to HHH heat.

They aren't cheering for Triple H cause they like him. He's just a better option then Roman, and the fans know it.

Some are in smark areas because of NXT. Combine that with how much they don't want Roman and ya.

It's backwards thinking because it doesn't matter if HHH actually gets heel heat. It doesn't change the fact Roman isn't over as a face. Not even close.

He has plenty of heat that he could be close to top heel in a second if they flipped him but they are to stupid. It's such basic booking. If someone is getting booed out of the building. You turn them heel and make money.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Triple H could have won the rumble and stayed off TV the next 2 months and would STILL get the biggest pop of the night in mania just because all the NXT fans will be in attendance and know without him they wouldn't get to see all the insane **** that will has/will go down in dallas.

It helps that Dean Ambrose is the most over active babyface and he's just starting to rebuild the momentum he had lost after his program with Rollins ended. Fans don't have anyone at this point that they are really behind.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Hey you never know
Remember a few years back when the tag titles changed hands at a house show ?
ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WWE :sarcasm:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I went to a house show years and years ago and Miz & Morrison won the tag titles, it was pretty cool seeing a title change hands thinking it wouldn't because it was just a house show

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Sheamus & Barrett vs. The New Day for the tag titles has been added.

LON hasn't even done anything to get a #1 contenders match. They beat The Uso's a few weeks ago and then beat Ziggler in a 3 on 1 match....what gives them a Tag Title match?? This feud is so random.

They had one awkward and awful encounter at Fastlane then did nothing with it for weeks and then poof tag title match.

I'm just mad and wanted an actual good rivalry/match for New Day at Mania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad