GDT: WWE Network Special - WWE ROADBLOCK (Saturday, March 12, 2016) - HHH vs. Ambrose

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Surprised they didn't make Y2AJ vs New Day for the tag titles for this event, could also make for a great backstage segment with New Day and Enzo & Cass

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ya I would love to go. Montreal show was the wrong show to go to now.

Roadblock might be better then mania lol

Meh. Montreal show will still have Lesnar vs. Harper, either Ambrose vs. Owens street fight or Zayn vs. Owens, and probably a NXT match, too, since Enzo & Cass and The Revival are on the tour.

But yeah... I wish I made the trip down to Toronto instead.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Meh. Montreal show will still have Lesnar vs. Harper, either Ambrose vs. Owens street fight or Zayn vs. Owens, and probably a NXT match, too, since Enzo & Cass and The Revival are on the tour.

But yeah... I wish I made the trip down to Toronto instead.

Montreal makes a ton of sense for that match.....no story line needed either.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
If they don't absolutely bury Harper it could be a great match!

It's Luke Harper, the one guy in the Wyatt Family they go out of their way to absolutely bury for no reason. Erick Rowan is trash in the ring; why can't he job all the time?

Also, I found this at the FAN.

11kwk0l.jpg

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
What was the story line reason for HHH to give Ambrose and Reigns (and Lesnar too I guess) a #1 contender's match at Fast Lane? And why is HHH giving Ambrose a title shot at Roadblock?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The 3-way set up via the "it's best for business" line. Which is fine. Ambrose got his shot after goading HHH into it. Which is also fine.

S A W F T*

Giving Roman a shot right after they spent so much energy to get the belt off him and screw him made no sense.

Neither did HHH coming out for 10 minutes talking about how he is the big boss and everyone does what he says then laughing at Ambrose wanting a title shot... then two minutes later accepting his challenge.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Neither did HHH coming out for 10 minutes talking about how he is the big boss and everyone does what he says then laughing at Ambrose wanting a title shot... then two minutes later accepting his challenge.

It's a bit different as he was goaded into it and heels generally make stupid decisions when they are goaded.

That was just standard storytelling. Plus it's HHH's MO that if you piss him off he likes to personally end and embarrass you.

That could apply to Roman except HHH kind of already got closure on that at the Rumble.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I say fine 'cos it's not completely ********, just normal levels of expected dumbness xD. There are a lot of ways they could have done it better, but I don't mind the Ambrose match at all really.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If they played up the idea that the point of the triple threat was to ruin Roman and Dean's friendship while also feeding them to Brock it would of made more sense.

They only started that idea late though and it came off half assed.

S A W F T*

It's a bit different as he was goaded into it and heels generally make stupid decisions when they are goaded.

That was just standard storytelling. Plus it's HHH's MO that if you piss him off he likes to personally end and embarrass you.

That could apply to Roman except HHH kind of already got closure on that at the Rumble.

Yeah I get that. But it would have been better IMO to start that a week earlier and just have HHH laugh it off like he did. Book Dean in a match that night with Big Show, Dean eeks out a win. Ambrose cuts another promo on HHH on Smack down... then have something happen on RAW where HHH finally accepts.

I know I'm just splitting hairs here and didn't really have a problem with how they did it. Just personal preference.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
The storytelling for the triple threat was awful

They said whoever impressed the authority would get a match to see who would be #1 contender

Owens looked damn impressive and wasn't included
Bray looked pretty darn good and wasn't included
Brock didn't even appear and was included
What ?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's also the least logical thing that HHH would ever put himself in a position where he might have to face Brock. You can't even try to claim that he was sending a beast to take out your two enemies because...surprise surprise...if that beast is successful he's coming after you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad