GDT: WWE Network Special - WWE ROADBLOCK (Saturday, March 12, 2016) - HHH vs. Ambrose

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ambrose throws wild strikes. It reminds me of The Joker in the Dark Knight. It's not intended to hurt... it's intended to just be crazy. I like that. It looks like he loses control and just throws throwing anything.

I see why people dislike it. Personally, I like it.

He should target his opponent then rather than the air and leaving two inches in front of them. His strikes are beyond ******. I understand his character is "crazy", but crazy characters can throw legit strikes. Ambrose's are an embarrassment for someone who's supposed to be a crazy brawler.

It doesn't help that, up until just recently, he seemed to phone it in in the ring unless he was wrestling Seth Rollins.

While I'll always be an Ambrose fan, he's left a lot to be desired over the past 14 months or so. He hasn't been booked up to the potential he can fulfill, but he's also been phoning it in when he's not wrestling Seth Rollins (up until his program with Owens and his match with HHH last night).

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I don't know Rollins condition but it still seems early for something like this (both a Shield reunion and his return).

He's training at the Performance Centre, so he's getting along. Doesn't need to absorb any damage, and he could let Ambrose and Reigns work as the physical part of The Shield until he heals up.... similar to how Taker lead the Corporate Ministry for almost a year while recovering from shoulder surgery but was still on camera.

I think if you want a serious three way battle with The Shield, you have to stoke the fire... put them back together, and let Roman make his epic heel turn then. THAT will get Roman over as a heel in an instant, which leads to being the uber face they want him to be a year or two later.

Long term planning...

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
You do the 3-way before the reunion.

I think the opposite. How do you have the climax before the reunion? They should be at the apex of their mutual hate for a triple threat.

Have them reunite, then Roman do the heel turn and get him massive, massive heat. If they want him as a face at some point, his heel turn will have to be biblical.... and this could do it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Apparently the crowd was pretty heavy on the family and kids side and they booed Roman when he just appeared on screen during video packages (and thank you Seth when they showed him pinning Roman).

This Roman push is so doomed it isn't funny anymore. We have Pitt, Philly, and Brooklyn left and what is going to be a smarky Mania crowd. This is going to get ugly.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If any night to bring Roman back, tomorrow is it. Pittsburgh is a smarky town for PPVs, but not typically for Raw. I actually think it's his best chance. Brooklyn and Philly will eat him alive.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah but if you return him tomorrow....how do you keep him off future shows?

....unless they want to beat him down again. I'm okay with that. Maybe Roman has an old hangnail he conveniently needs to get repaired right away.

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010
If any night to bring Roman back, tomorrow is it. Pittsburgh is a smarky town for PPVs, but not typically for Raw. I actually think it's his best chance. Brooklyn and Philly will eat him alive.

And even then, Pittsburgh won't exactly give him the warmest reception...

Man, I feel bad for the Roman Reigns the person.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The fact that they're keeping him off all these shows when he's supposed to be main eventing mania is a joke in itself.

Ambrose gets taken to the hospital in a neckbrace, comes back by then end of the night to get F5'd

Reigns gets "his nose busted open" and is gone for several weeks

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Roman isn't advertised back until this weekend and he isn't advertised to return to TV until next week's Raw, which is Philly, I think? It's either Philly or Brooklyn.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
The fact that they're keeping him off all these shows when he's supposed to be main eventing mania is a joke in itself.

Ambrose gets taken to the hospital in a neckbrace, comes back by then end of the night to get F5'd

I think most fans are seeing right through the smoke screen and understand what they are doing by keeping him off tv, its pathetic and I agree with whoever said they feel bad for Roman himself, this push is going to ruin his entire wrestling career.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Roman isn't advertised back until this weekend and he isn't advertised to return to TV until next week's Raw, which is Philly, I think? It's either Philly or Brooklyn.

Observer said it's possible he shows up tonight in Piit but ya he isn't advertised.

Everyone else is (Taker and Shane tonight)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think the opposite. How do you have the climax before the reunion?
'cos then you can do it again. I thought that much was obvious :dunno:. Money and what not.

You do the 3-way to clear the air to open up the option of reforming, then you have the reunion tour and it crashes and burns just like it did the first time. Only this time someone else turns. Tragic cycles and so on.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Observer said it's possible he shows up tonight in Piit but ya he isn't advertised.

Everyone else is (Taker and Shane tonight)

It is a bit strange this is the first encounter between two guys squaring off. :laugh: This whole match is strange. I love that Shane is back. I definitely respect Taker. I like the idea of Shane going for Raw. I do not understand the match at all.

He's still recovering from surgery. That's why he wasn't at the Canada shows, so same for today I'd expect.

It's fine that he's not at the shows, but they should at least do promos or something. The whole build is a bit strange. The story is there between he and HHH. I think it would have been something to have him to video packages or something. Training videos... anything.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

This.

S A W F T*

Meltzer noted on the daily update for Sunday, "The reason the booking was changed for the Brock Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt match last night is because Wyatt's back is in real bad shape and he couldn't wrestle."

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
He was asked about Wyatt being injured on the post-Roadblock podcast and said he would look into it. Seems he has. Sucks. Hope it's just something minor, and not anything that will have lasting problems. But at least it clears up the Lesnar match and the messy advertising for it. Maybe people can stop crying "buried" for a few days... j/k no chance of that happening xD.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Kills the idea he wasn't touched for a future match

Also enough with Roman being off TV due to having a deviated septum repaired. The recovery for that is short as it isn't a complicated surgery.

He is being held off on purpose

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
Never watched the show but i heard from a couple different people that the fake finish was a little botched as it didn't look like Ambrose feet were in/under the ropes. Can anyone specify

S A W F T*

Never watched the show but i heard from a couple different people that the fake finish was a little botched as it didn't look like Ambrose feet were in/under the ropes. Can anyone specify

Pretty much what you heard is what happened.

Or maybe it wasn't a botch after all? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad