GDT: WWE Hell In A Cell, October 6th, 7ET

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So my thoughts on the show;

- Becky vs Sasha was legitimately good. It was a good match to open the show. Crowd was into it, and there were some cool, creative spots. I probably give it a 4, maybe a 4.25. It was well done.

- Reigns/Bryan vs Harper/Rowan was good as well. Some fun spots in that match. I would have liked Harper & Rowan to win, just to establish them as this high end duo again. Found the stuff with Bryan wanting a hug from Roman to be cheesy and unnecessary, but if anyone can make it work, it'll be Bryan.

- Orton/Ali. Again, solid match. I feel like you could've had Ali win this. Like, I get they are trying to establish the top stars as they hope to get some new PPV viewers from the increased FOX viewership, but Ali is a young guy that they apparently really like, so why not make him look strong and beat Orton on PPV. Now it feels like Ali can't beat Orton, and is just another guy. I'm not that high on Ali, so whatever, but I feel like this could've gone the other way.

- Kabuki Warriors vs Bliss/Nicki - Meh. Felt like I was watching RAW. Kabuki Warriors randomly being heel was dumb (unless I missed something).

- The OC vs Viking Raiders/Braun - Again, meh. Felt like I was watching RAW. This was just here because they want to build up Braun Show using a knockout punch for a dumb Saudi match.

- Street Profits hype a "draft showcase" for tonight... which will just be a match I assume. Tamina wins the 24/7 title (okay??) and then Breeze appears for no reason and Tamina punches him to the ground..... I wish they were more creative and transitioned the 24/7 title from this constant running around and sometimes had legit matches for it. It's always running and roll ups. Like why not have a brawl in a hotel room, that has kickouts and stuff, that gets posted to YouTube. I need a bit more effort. It's starting to get stale.

- Gable/Baron - Kinda funny, these two in the KOTR finals wasn't PPV worthy, but them two in a rematch with nothing on the line... is? The Shorty G name is coming true, which is dumb. Gable gets the win, which is fine, but then Baron immediately attacks him backstage, and stands tall.... so Gable is left nothing but a dumb name or nickname.

- Charlotte vs Bayley. Got less time than I thought. Title goes on Flair for FOX, which makes sense, and apparently this is the start of a new character for Bayley, so I'm willing to give this all a pass.

The main event has been talked about enough :laugh:

Reactions: Fro

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I know that it's a silly comparison to make, but just in terms of the build and then how badly they f***ed it up this reminds me of Starrcade 97. All they had to do was let the guy with the most momentum in the company win, and they f***ed it up with a screwy finish so that the company could protect their guy. How f***ing stupid is this.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I know that it's a silly comparison to make, but just in terms of the build and then how badly they ****ed it up this reminds me of Starrcade 97. All they had to do was let the guy with the most momentum in the company win, and they ****ed it up with a screwy finish so that the company could protect their guy. How ****ing stupid is this.
This is all because WWE doesn’t have the ability to just WAIT. They knew they weren’t going to put the belt on Fiend but they couldn’t f***ing help themselves.

Fiend should have been working tweener and targeting faces to hurt, or heels to heal that he eventually hurts because they don’t want to take his opening to repent for the bad things they’ve done. Zayn, Ali, Ricochet, Strowman, Harper, Rowan are all guys Fiend could have gone after before getting the title.

those are just names off the top, too. Nakamura has no credibility and could eat quick losses anyways. Ziggler, Roode, etc., Fiend shouldn’t have won the title until the Rumble at the earliest.

As WWE’s stupid press release said in regards to AEW, “it’s a marathon, not a sprint.” Go f*** yourself and take your own advice, WWE. God damn idiots.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Was driving home during the Becky-Sasha match so I missed that.. but everything else I was so privileged to see had me feeling like the entire rest of the PPV was garbage.

It has reached a point where I honestly don't even look forward to PPVs anymore. It's more so just something that fills my late Sunday nights. And lately its not even been worth losing a few extra hours of sleep over.

Even the Goldberg 24 that came on afterwards was bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They are completely stupid for that main event booking decision. If you wanted to do the no contest finish here, you have the Fiend kill the refs and kill Seth. Not this. Then the draft is your excuse to not have to do it again. You would still get a booing reaction but at least that sort of booing would've been the acceptable kind because the character that gives people purpose to watch is properly protected, the finishers, the weapons, and the cage is still properly protected, and I think fans would've understood going that way. This...no.

I'm seemingly in the minority though in liking the lighting with the Fiend's match. I like it and I like how it adds to the environment. Of course, I was there live and it looked different on TV so I can understand people's gripes there.

I also don't think it was too early to put the title on Bray. I can understand him not being in the title picture at this point but you could do it and give him a run now if you wanted and it would be fine if executed properly. However, they instead performed the biggest botch that I can ever remember.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They are completely stupid for that main event booking decision. If you wanted to do the no contest finish here, you have the Fiend kill the refs and kill Seth. Not this. Then the draft is your excuse to not have to do it again. You would still get a booing reaction but at least that sort of booing would've been the acceptable kind because the character that gives people purpose to watch is properly protected, the finishers, the weapons, and the cage is still properly protected, and I think fans would've understood going that way. This...no.

I'm seemingly in the minority though in liking the lighting with the Fiend's match. I like it and I like how it adds to the environment. Of course, I was there live and it looked different on TV so I can understand people's gripes there.

I also don't think it was too early to put the title on Bray. I can understand him not being in the title picture at this point but you could do it and give him a run now if you wanted and it would be fine if executed properly. However, they instead performed the biggest botch that I can ever remember.
I didn't mind the lighting at all actually, but were you able to see in the arena?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I didn't mind the lighting at all actually, but were you able to see in the arena?

The match? Yeah, I could. Honestly, I thought it made it more captivating. But I also have good eye sight so I can envision it being an issue for others. When I watched it back on the network, the lighting made it look a little grainy on TV. Maybe that was the intent but I don't know.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The match? Yeah, I could. Honestly, I thought it made it more captivating. But I also have good eye sight so I can envision it being an issue for others. When I watched it back on the network, the lighting made it look a little grainy on TV. Maybe that was the intent but I don't know.
The red lighting with the red cage was a bit much for me. If the cage was darker, like a black or just regular grey.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
After reading reviews and really starting to piece how WWE treats their fans together... yeah. It's cool. I'll step aside and let Vince do his thing. NXT/AEW all the way. I won't make NXT pay because they actually pay their fans off well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
After reading reviews and really starting to piece how WWE treats their fans together... yeah. It's cool. I'll step aside and let Vince do his thing. NXT/AEW all the way. I won't make NXT pay because they actually pay their fans off well.
NXT is still WWE. I agree with the sentiment online. Good for NXT to distinguish their brand that people don’t even lump it in under WWE, but it’s still WWE. If you ever want change, NXT is included in the WWE umbrella.

I’m not going to tell people what to watch, but yeah. NXT is still wwe.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
NXT is still WWE. I agree with the sentiment online. Good for NXT to distinguish their brand that people don’t even lump it in under WWE, but it’s still WWE. If you ever want change, NXT is included in the WWE umbrella.

I’m not going to tell people what to watch, but yeah. NXT is still wwe.

The idea of "don't watch NXT because you are supporting WWE" is downright silly. Raw is Raw. SD is SD. If NXT were to have 3m viewers and the other 2 didn't, let me tell you how changes would go. If you just dropped NXT as well, then they'll eventually just shut NXT down on USA and not care. It can go tomorrow and WWE won't care. Saudi/Fox money is faaaaar greater.

I get the anger. I get the idea. But that's just letting anger take over.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The idea of "don't watch NXT because you are supporting WWE" is downright silly. Raw is Raw. SD is SD. If NXT were to have 3m viewers and the other 2 didn't, let me tell you how changes would go. If you just dropped NXT as well, then they'll eventually just shut NXT down on USA and not care. It can go tomorrow and WWE won't care. Saudi/Fox money is faaaaar greater.

I get the anger. I get the idea. But that's just letting anger take over.
That’s why I said I’m not telling people what to want. People have this idea that NXT isn’t WWE, though, and they’re wrong. I saw it on twitter yesterday.

“f*** WWE, do not support WWE, watch NXT/NJPW/AEW/etc” errr.... doesn’t work like that.

Watch whatever your heart desires. I don’t care. AEW is much more likely to get priority viewing now (I never really watched NXT episodes weekly anyways, just Takeover). But NXT not being able to draw on the road like AEW has been bringing people to their shows is part of the developmental/WWE stench attached to it. For that reason, more people are going to check out AEW anyways, as evident by the ratings.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not even going to try and play mental gymnastics that would be needed to make a DQ finish in what is supposed to be "TEH MOST BRUTAL MATCH IN DUBAYDUBYAEEE!!!!"make sense. That's a new level of idiocy.

Maybe i'm bitter too. The mystique of the cell was already dead given they made it a yearly thing, but now it may as well just be 12 feet underground.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I'm not even going to try and play mental gymnastics that would be needed to make a DQ finish in what is supposed to be "TEH MOST BRUTAL MATCH IN DUBAYDUBYAEEE!!!!"make sense. That's a new level of idiocy.

Maybe i'm bitter too. The mystique of the cell was already dead given they made it a yearly thing, but now it may as well just be 12 feet underground.

A Buried Alive Hell in the Cell match.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I don’t think so tbh.
I think people will tune in at 8 to see the opener to see if WWE has the balls to trot Rollins out there. Other than that?

Charlotte and Becky against Kabuki girls? Meh.
Nattie and Lacey in a last woman standing match? Yawn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad