GDT: WWE Hell In A Cell, October 6th, 7ET

CoyoteUgly

Feb 11, 2004
I'm probably gonna get destroyed for saying this, i feel like I'm the only one who did not have a problem with the end of HIAC. I love what they are doing with The Fiend, but when they announced the match, I said it was way too soon for Bray to hold a title.......but Bray can't lose this soon either. I didnt know exactly how it would go down, but i did predict it would end in no contest.

I know, I'm in the silent minority!

Reactions: bobholly39

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm probably gonna get destroyed for saying this, i feel like I'm the only one who did not have a problem with the end of HIAC. I love what they are doing with The Fiend, but when they announced the match, I said it was way too soon for Bray to hold a title.......but Bray can't lose this soon either. I didnt know exactly how it would go down, but i did predict it would end in no contest.

I know, I'm in the silent minority!

I agree. I think the Stomp fest was really stupid - all it accomplished is to completely "bury" the stomp as a finishing move (Rollins should stay away from using it as a main finisher for a while). Beyond that, i don't think it was that bad.

I don't think making Bray Wyatt champion was the right timing, and therefore i don't think that title match should ever have been made. But once it was made, i was mostly fine with how it went down.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I agree. I think the Stomp fest was really stupid - all it accomplished is to completely "bury" the stomp as a finishing move (Rollins should stay away from using it as a main finisher for a while). Beyond that, i don't think it was that bad.

I don't think making Bray Wyatt champion was the right timing, and therefore i don't think that title match should ever have been made. But once it was made, i was mostly fine with how it went down.

I don't think it would have mattered when one decides to put Wyatt into the title program. Any time for this character would have been the right time. The issue is that once you make that decision, you can't have him not come away with the title.

The reason why it was bad is because it was too early to put the Fiend on the defensive much less on his back taking a beating. It didn't matter that he would kick out early. That's not where the character was at. It was bad simply due to a fundamental misunderstanding from Vince about where the character is and where the fans are with that character. Either that or just a flat out troll job by him given the reports. If one makes the call it's too early then don't book the match like you said. But once you make the call, you deal a very heavy blow to the character not having it walk away with the title much less having it take a supreme beatdown and the idiotic nature of how it ended.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Apparently the original plan was a top of he cage spot where Bray gets tossed down and that is why the match is called off.

Bray would sit up and the show would end the same.

Oct 18, 2011
Apparently the original plan was a top of he cage spot where Bray gets tossed down and that is why the match is called off.

Bray would sit up and the show would end the same.
that would have been better but they really need to stop this PPV, HIAC should be a meaningful match.

Cornette is going to review the match next week

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad