GDT: WWE Hell In A Cell, October 6th, 7ET

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Isn’t Kane in decent health thanks to taking bumps like that?
Yup. When you’re that big it’s stupid to bump like the smaller guys can. The body has way more stress at that size as it is. Kane in his prime was a god damn tank and the only one who could beat Lesnar arm wrestling lol.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If they wanted to do a DQ finish, which is still stupid, they should have done it differently. You have Rollins lose it after weeks of being tormented and attacked. He could still hit all the stomps and pedigree and everything he did in the match, but have him never go for a pin. When he grabs the sledgehammer, the ref tells him to drop it and just pin him and end it and he refuses. Could have been a kick-start to his heel turn.

It doesn’t work cuz they still want Rollins as their lead babyface

I think they should’ve just removed a few (ie 10) stomps, then had Bray torture Rollins for a while instead. Have the ref call for a no contest after the neck snap. Turn the house lights on and play it off as something truly disastrous. Rollins’ finisher remains protected, he keeps the title, and Bray looks like a legitimate psychopath.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I’ve read a lot of alternative fantasy booking to try and save the match. Out of all of them the easiest solution was simply to not book it at all.

Just feed someone else to Bray

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He should have opened the show and opened with a happy go lucky babyface promo, and then flip the switch and say how he survived and prevailed on his own, he toppled The Fiend (heels lie), he didn’t need the fans last night at HIAC just like he didn’t need them when he beat Brock twice in a row, and he didn’t need them at all over the last two years but he was the puppet master and used them until he didn’t need them anymore. Hell, curse and call the fans a bunch of ungrateful, disrespectful assholes.

Reactions: iamjs and Disclose

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Him being not cool should be his heel gimmick.

Have him turn on Roman when he asks if he’s ok and goes ‘nah, I’m not cool man’ and then bury him under some scaffolding.

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
In the end, the barbaric bout that concluded WWE Hell in a Cell might have been about something more than the Universal Championship:
With the ring bathed in red light, it quickly became very clear that Rollins was going to have to go to a depraved place to thwart Wyatt.
Clearly sensing that a line was about to be crossed, the referee tried to stop Rollins from using the hammer. But The Beastslayer did it anyway.
a decision that proved to be instantly controversial at the end But that did very little to stop Wyatt from continuing his assault.
Hell in a Cell did not end with “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt as Universal Champion. But clearly, he’d gotten what he came for all the same.

;)

Hell in a Cell main event ends in match stoppage

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
In the end, the barbaric bout that concluded WWE Hell in a Cell might have been about something more than the Universal Championship:
With the ring bathed in red light, it quickly became very clear that Rollins was going to have to go to a depraved place to thwart Wyatt.
Clearly sensing that a line was about to be crossed, the referee tried to stop Rollins from using the hammer. But The Beastslayer did it anyway.
a decision that proved to be instantly controversial at the end But that did very little to stop Wyatt from continuing his assault.
Hell in a Cell did not end with “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt as Universal Champion. But clearly, he’d gotten what he came for all the same.

;)

Hell in a Cell main event ends in match stoppage

Problem is this was not the story they were telling at any point in this feud. It was about the Fiend being unstoppable and Seth pissing his pants over it.

It is a story they could have told, and might have worked if they did the actual legwork and didn’t book this match like the trash heap it was, but they didn’t do that.

People wanted to see Bray “heal” and a story like that could have saw that side, but WWE can’t do subtle. They can’t do high concept.

This sucked. There isn’t any good way to salvage it. Seth needs to just turn full heel and Bray needs to move on and get drafted to Smackdown (though I wonder how that will work with their attempt to be more real sports. Does this whole gimmick end with some MMA guy geeking Bray and pulling the mask off?)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Seth took his medicine with that shit show. I don’t think he deserves to be shit on more until he does something new and stupid on twitter, which he most likely will because he can’t seem to help himself.

Oct 18, 2011
It's not his fault just like it wasn't Roman's fault for being booked into stupid shit, the main criticism I have of him are his soulless memorized WWE speak promo's. He probably realizes alot of the shit they want him to do sucks

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If WWE were smart they’d turn Seth heel. “Seth Rollins is not cool” could be his own “Die Rocky, die,” but we all know WWE will just make it a part of his character instead and keep him the same.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So the kayfabe story they are telling is the ref felt he needed to look out for the health of the performers and made a judgment call.

They said on their network pundit show they would have ended the Foley match if it happened today.

Oct 18, 2011
If WWE were smart they’d turn Seth heel. “Seth Rollins is not cool” could be his own “Die Rocky, die,” but we all know WWE will just make it a part of his character instead and keep him the same.
"Seth's not cool!" chants are exactly what he needs

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The reality is probably that Seth can't turn heel unless Becky does too, because they won't know how to handle that discourse and probably turn it into another relationship problem angle where Seth is cheating on her or something

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
So Asuka somewhat turned into Tajiri (for whoever recalls him...): I mean, one of the best wrestlers in the roster is framed in the stereotype of the "sneaky cheating Asian" we've seen 10-15 years ago? How original WWE...

Reactions: ColePens

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So Asuka somewhat turned into Tajiri (for whoever recalls him...): I mean, one of the best wrestlers in the roster is framed in the stereotype of the "sneaky cheating Asian" we've seen 10-15 years ago? How original WWE...

Tajiri never won anything bigger than an US title, though. Forever a midcard guy - which was a shame, because I always felt he was one of the better in-ring workers at the time.

Reactions: Fighter

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Dave gave Seth vs. Fiend -2 star. MINUS TWO STARS.

He’s more generous than I am, as I gave it MINUS FIVE STARS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad