GDT: WWE Hell in a Cell (16th September 2018)

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
But yeah, Roman Reigns ****ing sucks. I’ll just toss that out there again.
What's sad is that he was much better before the past year or two. There's been almost no development in his style or athleticism. I used to really like him when he first started getting pushed around 2015, but now I tune out like the rest. I don't full-on hate the guy, but he's been booked into purgatory and hasn't done himself any favours by just not developing as a performer since then.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
When did Roman jump the shark?

Remember, this guy at the Rumble went from 'NO BATISTA WE WANTED REIGNS TO WIN' in 2014 to 'NO NOT ROMAN WINNING' in 2015

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
When did Roman jump the shark?

Remember, this guy at the Rumble went from 'NO BATISTA WE WANTED REIGNS TO WIN' in 2014 to 'NO NOT ROMAN WINNING' in 2015

In 2014 Pittsburgh wanted Daniel Bryan. They didn't even get him in the Rumble and said anyone but who WWE wanted. The Shield were over so Pittsburgh wanted The Shield. Not specifically Roman.

Then when it was apparent that Roman was the leader of the Shield instead of the two guys everyone really wanted, that is when the ball started to drop and in a big way.

Reactions: TimeZone

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Overall, the PPV is getting a solid 3.75* from me.

The kickoff for the SD tag belts was decent, opening cell match was great, Becky takes the title in an okay match, the Raw tag titles match was insane, the AJ/Joe match was pretty good and is booked to continue so thumbs up, Ronda retained and kicked Alexa to the curb so more thumbs up...the Bryan/Miz match was underwhelming and had the ladies involved so bleh, and the last match was the real black mark on an otherwise very good PPV.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
In 2014 Pittsburgh wanted Daniel Bryan. They didn't even get him in the Rumble and said anyone but who WWE wanted. The Shield were over so Pittsburgh wanted The Shield. Not specifically Roman.

Then when it was apparent that Roman was the leader of the Shield instead of the two guys everyone really wanted, that is when the ball started to drop and in a big way.

Nah, Roman died when The Shield broke up but they let him keep everything that got them over. (The music and the look) He was still getting over at that point but where he really got killed was the next Royal Rumble where they wanted Bryan and got Roman. Then they just hated him.

For what it's worth they learned their lesson. Randy Orton never would get over as a Royal Rumble winner the last five years, but they used Roman at #30 as a heat seeking missile and actually got a pop for Randy winning.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nah, Roman died when The Shield broke up but they let him keep everything that got them over. (The music and the look) He was still getting over at that point but where he really got killed was the next Royal Rumble where they wanted Bryan and got Roman. Then they just hated him.

For what it's worth they learned their lesson. Randy Orton never would get over as a Royal Rumble winner the last five years, but they used Roman at #30 as a heat seeking missile and actually got a pop for Randy winning.

I still think it was earlier. Fans were a tad bit frustrated when the great Wyatt/Shield feud was going on, when Roman would stand up as the leader against Bray when everyone else thought the Shield was AT MOST an equal stable of 3 (or Seth/Dean as leader).

That's when I thought the real turn started.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I still think it was earlier. Fans were a tad bit frustrated when the great Wyatt/Shield feud was going on, when Roman would stand up as the leader against Bray when everyone else thought the Shield was AT MOST an equal stable of 3 (or Seth/Dean as leader).

That's when I thought the real turn started.
no, I'd say it was definitely when the split happened and he was keeping everything from The Shield after the split. His reactions were really strong. They completely botched his entire run.

They were turning on him when he was illogically handed title matches by the guy who killed The Shield (Triple H). Then he got that appendectomy I believe and people were thinking "maybe they'll slow the push down" but they just kicked it into high drive when he came back and really soured people on him. The only time things looked like they were going to turn around reception wise was when he was playing sidekick to Ambrose in Ambrose's run as #1 contender to Rollins' title, but then they quickly shifted Reigns back into the title picture after that and there was no saving him.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Foley's show was tremendous. Really enjoyed it.

It was in the Burgh, you should have gone ;)

When I saw him in Quebec City a few years ago, I had the chance to interact with him a little and I thanked him for making me learn English. He asked why and I said his first book was the first English book I had ever read. He said that he wish he has gotten American kids to enjoy reading as well. Great guy.

Reactions: ColePens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad