GDT: WWE Hell in a Cell (16th September 2018)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Don't forget that Ziggler and Seth pulled off the exact same cell fall spot as Seth and Dean years ago. It's like it's the only approved cell fall spot these days.

Couldn't even put the bouncy house back under the table and throw somebody from the top...

b5c.gif

The sad thing is, Kevin Dunn had to repeatedly show the front angle of that bump where you can clearly see the inflated crash pad.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
^Is that Michael Cole's hand waving frantically in the air at the end of that clip?

I can almost hear him yelling "ARE YOU KIDDIN ME?!"

Does Vince give him a little cue in his headset whenever he wants him to shout that phrase? He does it a lot.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wrestling is weird. I thought last night's PPV was tremendous and the reviews I'm watching are pretty meh on it. I thought Summerslam sucked and the reviews I read loved it.

Stranger than strange. I really thought last night was tremendous. Excellent wrestling and storytelling with a poor as expected main event.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Wrestling is weird. I thought last night's PPV was tremendous and the reviews I'm watching are pretty meh on it. I thought Summerslam sucked and the reviews I read loved it.

Stranger than strange. I really thought last night was tremendous. Excellent wrestling and storytelling with a poor as expected main event.

You like what you like, my friend. Nothing wrong with that.

You do not have to agree with the IWC at all times hehe.

I, for one, fell asleep during the first match... ok... I was watching the re-run at 0:00 after playing soccer and with a little too much alcohol in my body... but still :laugh:

Reactions: ColePens

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Really? I though Summerslam got roundly trashed?

This was a great show except for the mixed tag and the cluster main event (which still had enough shennanigans to make me forget the actual match)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Did they ever explain what McIntyre or Ziggler were hoping to accomplish by coming out?

Do you really expect them to?

Chances are someone in Creative had the bright idea that there should be a second fight, with twice as many people, ON TOP of the cell, while the main event carried on in the ring.

I guess they also told Braun and Roman to lay low for the duration of that second fight, because, hey, they only have so many cameras, right?

Wouldn't want to miss yet another SUPERMAN PUNCH while Seth and Dolph are teetering on the side of the cage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fro

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

The main event sucked a lot of life out of this show. Dragged the whole thing down.

Still I wouldn’t call it tremendous, but it was a pretty good show sans-main event. Better then the last few PpVs I watched.

I don’t think I needed the Jeff/Orton match, and the show would have been better with Joe/AJ in the cage with an actual finish. Too deep in the feud for another non-finish.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com

I agree with you on both. I also was surprised to see people react so positively for Summerslam. I thought it was terrible.

Reactions: ColePens

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Yeah I agree with you, SS was bad, and I thoroughly enjoyed HIAC minus the main event.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don’t think I needed the Jeff/Orton match, and the show would have been better with Joe/AJ in the cage with an actual finish. Too deep in the feud for another non-finish.

I thought the Orton/Hardy match was a terrific example of a cell match. They were brutal to one another. They did it in a way that makes sense for Hardy, too, by incorporating weapons/ladders/etc. I thought they used the cage well. I thought they used weapons well. I thought the storytelling was strong. Orton was bleeding from his leg, back, and lord knows where else.

I think that is one of the better modern day cell matches.

Reactions: Fro

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Couldn't even put the bouncy house back under the table and throw somebody from the top...

b5c.gif

The sad thing is, Kevin Dunn had to repeatedly show the front angle of that bump where you can clearly see the inflated crash pad.

Part the excitemebt in wrestling us the danger
If course you need to be safe when you it .But everything padded and all looks set up and staged now more than ever

Wwe has gone soft. It's a shell of itself

I stopped watched year ago and have gotten back into it recently, But still can't get into wwe stuff

I try but then you see stuff like that
Sometimes you get good matches
(Samoa joe vs styles) but then you get a main event that only has 3 moves the entire match

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That picture of Orton's leg muscle they removed is cringy. His blood vessels are hanging outside his leg. Dude is a tough bastard. I know I already said this before, but if you can stomach it I would take a look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->