WWE Hall of Fame 2019 Discussion

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Torrie Wilson was a mega babe, but yeah, I fail to see any reason at all why she should be in the HOF.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The hall of fame isn't a serious entity. Pretty much everyone affiliated with WWE on-screen is going to get in at some point, both the significant and the marginal, based on Vince's whims. I'm glad that Honkytonk Man is getting inducted because I always enjoy when he has a microphone.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
The hall of fame isn't a serious entity. Pretty much everyone affiliated with WWE on-screen is going to get in at some point, both the significant and the marginal, based on Vince's whims. I'm glad that Honkytonk Man is getting inducted because I always enjoy when he has a microphone.

I agree with this.

Torrie Wilson was not a great wrestler, but, filled the role of a Diva very well.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I agree with this.

Torrie Wilson was not a great wrestler, but, filled the role of a Diva very well.

Did she?

Like even Michelle McCool could occasionally deliver her lines well enough. I don't recall Torrie Wilson ever doing anything entertaining other than being a hot fitness model.

Seriously, only Kelly Kelly did less for as much hype.

Vince probably thinks ARod is still dating her and will induct.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Did she?

Like even Michelle McCool could occasionally deliver her lines well enough.

Vince probably think ARod is still dating her and will induct.

Well Vince sort of had a thing for vacuous blondes at the time......wouldn't surprise me if he still does. So with that in mind, yes Torrie did her job very well as a "diva".

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
They should induct Bam Bam Bigelow, if they haven't yet (I haven't been paying attention).

One of the most underrated wrestlers ever imo. 350 lbs guy who can move like a cruiserweight.

Reactions: sabremike

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Well Vince sort of had a thing for vacuous blondes at the time......wouldn't surprise me if he still does. So with that in mind, yes Torrie did her job very well as a "diva".

Candice Michelle belongs in more, she actually had to make out with Vince.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE only has so many women they can induct, and they have to do one every year. Anyone who showed up in last year's rumble will get in.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
They should induct Bam Bam Bigelow, if they haven't yet (I haven't been paying attention).

One of the most underrated wrestlers ever imo. 350 lbs guy who can move like a cruiserweight.

Yep, not many guys his size who could do a shooting star press.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Did she?

Like even Michelle McCool could occasionally deliver her lines well enough. I don't recall Torrie Wilson ever doing anything entertaining other than being a hot fitness model.

Vince probably thinks ARod is still dating her and will induct.

I look at the WWE HoF like getting star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame are purchesed not earned.

In Torrie's case, her job was to be hot and entertaining.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Torrie Wilson in the HoF is fine. I'm not a fan but I recognize that they treated her like a star and a name when she was around. I don't see anything overly offensive about her being added. As been said, the HoF isn't serious as been demonstrated with Vince Sr's limo driver and other underwhelming stars being in it.

Someday even Test will be in it most likely. All I care about at this point is getting good speeches and with Jim Cornette already having given one, the peak has been reached. With the current class and rumored further inductees this could become the worst collection of speeches yet. Save for Honky.

Last edited:

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I feel like I had read somewhere that there was bad blood between Wahoo and WWE that was keeping him out

Edit: After a quick search it looks like the main detriment is he was really never in WWE
I don't think that matters. Verne Gagne, 4-Horsemen, The Freebirds and the RNR Express are all in the HoF. If any of them were in the WWE as those characters/teams it was for a cuppa coffee.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I don't think that matters. Verne Gagne, 4-Horsemen, The Freebirds and the RNR Express are all in the HoF. If any of them were in the WWE as those characters/teams it was for a cuppa coffee.

Yeah I am aware of those guys having no or limited WWF/E runs, I am just stating that when you look up why Wahoo isn't in the most cited reason in the articles is his lack of time there.

Lets not overlook the fact that the HOF is pretty much just a publicity thing, and Wahoo is not really going to move the needle, the majority of his fans are likely senior citizens or have joined him at the big reservation in the sky.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I never thought about them going in because they never wrestled in WWE as a team. I'm glad they got elected tho, one of my favourite teams in the 90's.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Torrie Wilson's hall of fame video package will be interesting. Like what they show? Just videos if being almost naked all the time. She didn't wrestle much. I only remember being a manager/valet for Kidman and I think Tajiri. I'm not sure what the narrator would even say.

Sable should be in. She at least had some matches, titles, and drew some money.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Torrie Wilson's hall of fame video package will be interesting. Like what they show? Just videos if being almost naked all the time. She didn't wrestle much. I only remember being a manager/valet for Kidman and I think Tajiri. I'm not sure what the narrator would even say.

Sable should be in. She at least had some matches, titles, and drew some money.
They should've just put both in and had Hugh Hefner induct them before he died.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I dont get why there is even really any debate about who gets in. This is just programming for the WWE Network. There isnt any prestige here.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I dont get why there is even really any debate about who gets in. This is just programming for the WWE Network. There isnt any prestige here.

Well because even though it is superficial, it is still the only HOF that really matters. Since it's called a Hall of Fame, there's got to be some critique of selections even if it is superficial.

But my 2 cents: Harlem Heat absolutely deserves it.Stevie Ray should never be a solo entrant, but as a tag team it's legit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad