WWE Hall of Fame 2019 Discussion

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I agree with everyone on reckonings list being inducted except maybe Kaufman. I'm really surprised Wahoo and Regal aren't in already.

Reactions: KIRK

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I agree with everyone on reckonings list being inducted except maybe Kaufman. I'm really surprised Wahoo and Regal aren't in already.

I feel like I had read somewhere that there was bad blood between Wahoo and WWE that was keeping him out

Edit: After a quick search it looks like the main detriment is he was really never in WWE

Last edited:
Reactions: DaaaaB's

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I heard Vince thinks Christian is too ugly to be inducted into the HOF.

put a blue dot over his face during his speech.

Easy solution

HqR4pmo.jpg

Reactions: Disclose

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I know its not likely due to some of them being involved with the concussion lawsuit against WWE, but with the recent return of the Women's Tag Titles I'd like to see some of the key players involved with the original title inducted.

Like Velvet McIntyre & Princess Victoria the original title holders, Leilanni Kai & Judy Martin with the longest title reign, or the Jumping Bomb Angels the first Japanese women to hold the titles.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
As an Ultimate Warrior fan I really appreciate HTM putting over the Warrior at Summer Slam in 20 seconds.

From what I understand, it was HTM's idea and really helped the Warrior.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I don't mind Honky Tonk getting in. I mean if Hillbilly Jim is in then Honky deserves to be in too. Neither could wrestle worth a damn but they were entertainers who had long runs with the company.

Reactions: LeafSadist

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
He'll be one of the worst wrestlers in the Hall (along with Kevin Nash and Hillbilly Jim), but he was an undeniable heat magnet. The fans hated him and were dying to see him lose the title.
His heel run was a happy accident for the WWF. Vince thought the fans would love him and the Elvis gimmick. He was heavily promoted in vignettes as a fan favorite, but got the same reaction from the crowd in his debut that the Gobbly Gooker received a few years later. One of the few times in the 80s when the fans booed someone they were supposed to like. So Vince decided that as long as they hate him, might as well go with it.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
He'll be one of the worst wrestlers in the Hall (along with Kevin Nash and Hillbilly Jim), but he was an undeniable heat magnet. The fans hated him and were dying to see him lose the title.
His heel run was a happy accident for the WWF. Vince thought the fans would love him and the Elvis gimmick. He was heavily promoted in vignettes as a fan favorite, but got the same reaction from the crowd in his debut that the Gobbly Gooker received a few years later. One of the few times in the 80s when the fans booed someone they were supposed to like. So Vince decided that as long as they hate him, might as well go with it.

Here is the whole heel turn.

Reactions: UnrealMachine

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I feel like I had read somewhere that there was bad blood between Wahoo and WWE that was keeping him out

Edit: After a quick search it looks like the main detriment is he was really never in WWE

It looks like he did briefly wrestle for WWWF back in the 60's for Vince Sr while he was still playing professional football.

Also, Abdullah the Butcher was never in WWF/E either but got inducted in 2011. They have inducted guys who have never wrestled for WWF/E.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
HTM brought the Mega Powers together.

he also gave us the New Age Outlawz

He was Road Dogg's first big feud after RD turned town his offer to become his manager.

That spun into a feud against HTM's protege Rockabilly...Billy Gunn

Which spun into Rockabilly turning on HTM and aligning with Road Dogg making The Outlawz

Reactions: Guardian17

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Terrible selection. As I said earlier, Molly or Victoria would be far more deserving

My memory's a bit hazy on it, but didn't they do a tasteless angle about Torrie's father supposedly dying?

Reactions: GarbageGoal

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
HTM brought the Mega Powers together.

This is his first theme song.

Ha, I remember watching that Saturday night main event live at my grandparents. I was only 4 years old at the time and that's the first wrestling event I remember watching. The image of the Hart foundation holding Macho in place for Htm and Hulk making the save stuck with me for life.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Terrible selection. As I said earlier, Molly or Victoria would be far more deserving

My memory's a bit hazy on it, but didn't they do a tasteless angle about Torrie's father supposedly dying?

Yeah. The storyline was that Torrie's dad Al Wilson married Dawn Marie and she killed him with sex.

I actually have one of the Diva's DVDs from that time that includes an "uncensored" hotel room scene with Dawn Marie seducing Torrie. Spoiler: there's nothing to censor.

As David Bixenspan tweeted, what could an induction video package for Torrie actually look like nowadays?

I mean, Stacy was the bigger deal but she wants zip to do with wrestling now I guess.

And you are 100% right about Molly or Victoria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad