WWE Hall of Fame 2019 Discussion

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Well we have the 1st inductee(s) of 2019....D-Generation X

really cant argue with this one IMO. DX is one of the all time factions and did a ton of good business for the WWE.

The original iteration of HBK, HHH, Chyna was nearly perfect heel work. To where they became the cool ones to root for and anti heroes. Also was probably the best heel work HBK ever did.

Version 2.0 had its own vibe. They had the classic moment of storming WCW with an armored Jeep. And really the New Age Outlawz were insanely over at the time. At one point being 3rd in the company in merch sales behind only Austin and The Rock.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Whoelse should get inducted? theyre running out of people. Big Show, The Rock right now those are the only ones that come to mind.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I feel like it's finally Christian's turn to get in

I can support this. He's not a headliner but considering some of the names in the Hall of Fame, there's no reason to NOT put Christian in especially if you have somebody huge like DX going in to carry the star power.

It's also that time of year for all of us to get nice and bitter than Owen Hart will never get in.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I can support this. He's not a headliner but considering some of the names in the Hall of Fame, there's no reason to NOT put Christian in especially if you have somebody huge like DX going in to carry the star power.

It's also that time of year for all of us to get nice and bitter than Owen Hart will never get in.

Well that's thanks to his lovely widow, no? :help:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The rumors were The Hart Foundation was going in as a stable, but I can’t see them and DX in the same year.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
The British Bulldogs should be in the hall of fame. Davey Boy had more singles success than several guys already in the hall.

Vader would be a good selection this year even tho most of his success came outside WWE. That hasn't stopped others from getting inducted.

Rick Martel, Lex Luger and Demolition are other older guys who should be in based on who's already been inducted.

Christian should definitely be inducted at some point if not this year.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I heard Vince thinks Christian is too ugly to be inducted into the HOF.

Too ugly?

WrestleMania%2BX8.mp4_snapshot_00.18.11_%255B2017.05.24_10.48.41%255D.jpg

You don't know what you're talking about. :sarcasm:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Vader should have been in years ago. I expect him to be in either this year or next, naturally, they wait until he passes away to do anything.

The moment he announced he had 2 years to live, he should have been in.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Let me preface this by saying that I know it's not a "real" hall of fame. Some of their choices and omissions in the past have been inexplicable. But the ceremony usually fun to watch, and the inductees seem genuinely happy about it, so us fans might as well enjoy it for what it is.

These would be my preferred selections. I tried to limit it to candidates who would have a realistic chance of being picked by WWE. I'd be satisfied if they put half these people in:

William Regal (inducted by Finlay): I've watched pro wrestling for over 35 years, and I'd rate Regal as one of my top 10 favorite in-ring performers in that span. A cool way to do this would be Regal to be making an appearance in the ring during a NXT Show, only to have Vince's theme song come on halfway through it. Vince comes to the ring and surprises Regal with an announcement that he's going to the Hall of Fame. The NXT roster stands on the entrance ramp and applauds while the audience chants "You deserve it!"

Rick Martel (inducted by Booker T): This is long long overdue. One of the top workers of his era.

Haku (inducted by Hacksaw Duggan): He's been one of my favorites since I first saw him feuding with Dino Bravo in Montreal in the mid-80s. While he was never a headliner in WWE or WCW, he had long runs as a solid performer in both promotions. Has a well-earned reputation as one of the most legitimately tough people to ever be involved in wrestling. If pro wrestling was a shoot, he would been the heavyweight champion as long as he wanted.

Molly Holly (inducted by Trish Stratus): They induct a female wrestler every year, and Molly's probably the best they haven't put in yet. Victoria would also be a good choice. Unfortunately though, I think they might go with Torrie Wilson or Kelly Kelly instead.

Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express: They are deserving choices, but I don't know who would induct them. I guess we can rule out Kevin Dunn.

Mike Rotundo/Irwin R. Shyster (inducted by Bo Dallas): They often put in someone with a connection to a member of the current roster, and he would be as good a choice as any. I don't want to see Bray doing the induction, as it would be a mistake to have him break character.

Sweet Daddy Siki (inducted by Edge): I just recently saw the documentary on him. A true trailblazer in the business.

Eric Bischoff (inducted by Vince McMahon): I don't personally like him, but he deserves to be there. Made a huge mark on the industry in the 90s, and had a very good run as Raw commissioner in the 2000s

Some suggestions for posthumous inductees:

Ray Stevens (inducted by Pat Patterson): Simply one of the greatest ever.

Wahoo McDaniel (inducted by Ric Flair): Flair has said that he really wants to do this

Andy Kaufman as a celebrity inductee (inducted by Jerry Lawler): I know this is unlikely because Kaufman is gone and Vince only has this category to get a celebrity appearance on the show. But I think Lawler could keep the fans entertained with stories about their angle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad