GDT: WWE Fastlane (10th March 2019)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That match was the perfect send off for The Shield. Perfect, old school Shield match (aka, amazing 6-man tag), and emotions running high at the end. It was beautiful.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
All things considered, it was a sports entertaining show considering the predictable nature of the show and zero titles changing.

The biggest thing I took from tonight is that Kofi is now more over than Becky.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
@GKJ - any post PPV podcasts running?

Jason Agnew and Sunday Night's Main Event goes on first, on TSN Radio Hamilton. He usually has Dave on. I think he starts at 11.

Post Wrestling does theirs live if you're a pateron member, if not it's up in the morning.

Reactions: ColePens

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
No doubt a good show. Storylines though to be desired.

I’m still hype for the Raw Women’s match to be perfectly honest. It’s obviously not as hot as it could’ve been and the story has been absolute trash but it’s still a worthy main event and will be a lit match. Someone earlier in this thread comparing it to a piss break is :laugh:

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I know that Shield are pretty boring nowadays but i hope this is not the last time we've seen them

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't find the shield boring. I never do. They could come back 400 times and I enjoy it. If they can wrestle and make 6 man tag matches that fun, then so be it. I love it.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Just got back from travelling and had Fastlane taped.

Not an awful show.

Opening match was pretty fun. I thought Miz would turn, though. I think he’s a far better heel than a baby face.

Revival vs Roode/Gable vs Ricochet/Black was pretty fun.

Rey & Andrade are great. I was never a fan of Rey, but he’s timeless. I can admit that.

How Nia Jax is still on the main roster and not doing bookings at high schools is beyond me. She’s the worst on the roster by a country mile, honestly.

Looks like we will be getting a Natalya/Beth tag team for a bit which sucks because Natalya is a turnip.

I like what they’re doing with Kofi. He’s so over it’s crazy. Gotta think he’s winning the title at WM.

Triple Threat for the WWE title was fun. Glad KO is back. Not sure I’m huge on baby face KO but I’ll give it time. Wish they’d go with a tweener route with him. Also, that’s a seriously tough spot to put Mustafa. Fans weren’t enjoying him, which sucks because he’s good.

Congratulations WWE, you’ve soiled Becky’s momentum week after week, night after night. The limp, the crutch need to f***ing go. Enough with this shit.

Shield vs Nerds was pretty good too. Decent send off for the Shield and I’m fine with it. Now, we just need to prepare for the over exposure of Roman.

Reactions: ColePens

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Man wwe is gonna give us Daniel vs The Miz for the title soon but face miz vs heel Daniel.

I actually like where both guys are at right now as miz is so good on the mic he will get over huge vs Daniel, it’s just not what we expected a year ago

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Why is everyone calling it a Shield "send-off"?

Are we not completely convinced they're going to reunite at Wrestlemania?

Because I'm 100% convinced they're going to reunite at Wrestlemania.

I didn't watch Fastlane, so maybe this was mentioned during the show. :dunno:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

the announcers called it that

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Cole made a point of mentionning it was the last time we were going to see The Shield together because Ambrose is not re-signing.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Interesting. I guess they don't want Ambrose to have any special moments at Mania, and figured they'd use up his goodwill at Fastlane.

So what's the plan now, then Seth faces Brock and Roman/Dean get their own individual matches?

Dean's probably going to job to Nia Jax or some dumb ****.

I just figured the REAL send-off would be after Seth beat Brock, maybe have Brock beat him down until Roman/Dean run in for the save.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They ditched the intergender stuff. I don't see what's out there for Dean other than to turn on Roman and do that match they were going to do anyways.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why do people keep mentioning Nia lol. Dean/Nia hasn’t been a thing for about a month now after Dean said Nia has a huge crush on him and that he gets it.

Dean’s not re-signing, and I don’t think he’s on the Wrestlemania card at all. Roman probably works one of Corbin or McIntyre at WM, and maybe we see The Shield pose one last time with Seth as champ, but that’s about it. This was probably the last televised Shield match we’ll see until Dean decides to eventually come back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad