GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (15th July 2018)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Poor Renee.

Why the f*** does Sam Roberts have a job? Dude is a complete eyesore with an annoying ass voice and no anchoring talent.

Not saying you have to like him (I definitely do not) but the dude has put in a TON of work doing radio/podcasts his entire life to earn a spot. He has a shit load of experience and busts his butt. His podcast is actually solid. He's a sneakerhead so I tune in from time to time when it's sneakers/wrestling.

But I still cannot stand his work on the WWE network, but it's a guy trying to make a buck doing every single thing the WWE wants him to do.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm gonna assume you chose not to go to the PPV.

I looked at ticket. Club was so tempting. SO affordable. But I just couldn't do it. I just don't care enough right now about the product. I would have only gone for DB and that whole set up was meh. I'm so happy I didn't go. And it's not even saving money. $125 for those seats is a frickin' steal. I value my time.

I couldn't even make it through the PPV watching while doing 10 different things at the same time. :laugh: WWE just isn't worth my time. I'll tune in here/there, but their product is shit.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Glad Ziggler retained. I find him entertaining as hell. And honestly, the booking was awful for Ziggler/Rollins but I couldn't look away because it was so strange. The work was really good though, as was the Styles/Rusev match.

Oh, and B-TEAM BABY!

Reactions: ColePens

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
My problem with Bliss is simple- she was champ for what seemed like an eternity and after a 2.5 month respite, we're back to square 1.

Seriously, Asuka would have been better off staying on RAW

Reactions: ColePens

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I looked at ticket. Club was so tempting. SO affordable. But I just couldn't do it. I just don't care enough right now about the product. I would have only gone for DB and that whole set up was meh. I'm so happy I didn't go. And it's not even saving money. $125 for those seats is a frickin' steal. I value my time.

I couldn't even make it through the PPV watching while doing 10 different things at the same time. :laugh: WWE just isn't worth my time. I'll tune in here/there, but their product is ****.

You couldn't pay me $125 dollars to sit through that God awful show again, lol.

Reactions: Fro and ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My problem with Bliss is simple- she was champ for what seemed like an eternity and after a 2.5 month respite, we're back to square 1.

Definitely my biggest gripe. Such a huge huge huge gripe. We went backwards. I felt like Flair/Asuka was such a good match and Asuka winning would have propelled her to an insane level w/ Flair also being at that level. Then Asuka's first loss could have been Rousey, which is the PERFECT long-term booking. Flair/Asuka/Rousey all would have been booked to be insanely awesome and it would have worked.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If you read my first post again, my gripe with Alexa isn't her promo skills. Don't put words in my mouth.

Yes. She can't wrestle like Becky. Becky also can't talk people into wanting to see her kick the s*** out of somebody like Alexa can talk people into wanting to see her get her ass kicked. Like it or not, as long as you're not dangerous, the entertainment part is going to trump the wrestling part in WWE. If you missed Steve Austin's entire career after breaking his neck, his arsenal pretty much consisted of punches and kicks with a stunner.

And I don't care if you're a Becky fan or a Bayley fan or a Sasha fan or a Charlotte fan. Insert any one of them and the point still applies.

Last edited:

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Yes. She can't wrestle like Becky. Becky also can't talk people into wanting to see her kick the s*** out of somebody like Alexa can talk people into wanting to see her get her ass kicked.

And I don't care if you're a Becky fan or a Bayley fan or a Sasha fan or a Charlotte fan. Insert any one of them and the point still applies.
Gonna have to just agree to disagree then. I think a well told story in the ring can get any crowd behind you or against you if you have the talent to tell it right, and I appreciate those a thousand times more when it's done well.

Reactions: Huggy43

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Gonna have to just agree to disagree then. I think a well told story in the ring can get any crowd behind you or against you if you have the talent to tell it right, and I appreciate those a thousand times more when it's done well.

Natalya should hold the title a lot more, then.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Asuka is better off still in NXT.

Alexa is champion more because they’re working Ronda up the ladder in terms of work rate, and the story seems like it’s going to be that Ronda is probably going to keep getting screwed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad