GDT: WWE Extreme Rules (15th July 2018)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
at this point I'm completely on board with WWE retiring the Universal Title and AJ Styles defending against competitors from either brand. One top title, top champion is on both brands (and gets a Friday or Saturday off the house show loop so he only works 4 days a week as well).

though technically, Lashley is now the uncrowned Universal Champion, apparently.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI

I only watched the last two matches of the show but the crowd was obnoxious. The countdown was cute the first few times but after that, I wanted them to shut up and watch the show. The fans are making a push for being my least favorite part of that company.

Maybe I'm spoiled watching the more respectful fans at the NJPW shows but they help add to a great match and they don't make it about themselves. Kenny vs. Naito yesterday wouldn't have been as good if the crowd hijacked it.

Cheer for these guys...they're putting bodies on the line for our entertainment. If you hate the product so much...why are you spending money to go?

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I only watched the last two matches of the show but the crowd was obnoxious. The countdown was cute the first few times but after that, I wanted them to shut up and watch the show. The fans are making a push for being my least favorite part of that company.

Maybe I'm spoiled watching the more respectful fans at the NJPW shows but they help add to a great match and they don't make it about themselves. Kenny vs. Naito yesterday wouldn't have been as good if the crowd hijacked it.

Cheer for these guys...they're putting bodies on the line for our entertainment. If you hate the product so much...why are you spending money to go?

I kind of understand all perspectives, but if you had to sit through the crap that was Extreme Rules up until the main event, maybe you would try and hijack the show because the show is absolutely terrible and you as fans want to find a way to crap on it?

Would it have happened if the PPV wasn't a huge steaming pile of shit? Maybe the fans arent as obnoxious, maybe they are, I dunno.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My thing on the crowd was that they were chanting Rusev Day all night, until they saw Rusev. That’s the stuff that makes Vince think that guys aren’t over, just their gimmicks

Reactions: CHGoalie27

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Cool to see Dallas capture a belt, but I don't understand how the WWE wouldn't capitalize on the success of the Final Deletion. Since that match, they haven't given any character time to advance Wyatt/Hardy. Thus, crowds turn silent when they're on their way to the ring. Just yelling "delete" isn't going to work forever. WWE killed the huge momentum they had (like they do to everyone else).

Reactions: CPTN71

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
My thing on the crowd was that they were chanting Rusev Day all night, until they saw Rusev. That’s the stuff that makes Vince think that guys aren’t over, just their gimmicks
Yeah but how the f*** is Rusev supposed to get over when he's constantly railroaded by something lame. He should be competition to Braun and Brock, but instead his knee hurt too much for a camel clutch.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Asuka is better off still in NXT.

Alexa is champion more because they’re working Ronda up the ladder in terms of work rate, and the story seems like it’s going to be that Ronda is probably going to keep getting screwed.

I just get so frustrated with Vince on this one. Everyone knows Rousey could kill Bliss. The payoff on Rousey beating Bliss is nothing. Cool.. she's a heel. I get it. But there is no mega payoff.

If Rousey, the MMA star who is relatively new to wrestling, comes in and takes down Flair/Asuka... NOW we are talking. That is a Wrestlemania moment. If she took down Asuka's undefeated streak at WM, it would have been THE top women's wrestling moment of all time in my opinion. I would at least have it in the top 3.

But Bliss? Bleh. She should murder that type of athlete 24/7.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I just get so frustrated with Vince on this one. Everyone knows Rousey could kill Bliss. The payoff on Rousey beating Bliss is nothing. Cool.. she's a heel. I get it. But there is no mega payoff.

If Rousey, the MMA star who is relatively new to wrestling, comes in and takes down Flair/Asuka... NOW we are talking. That is a Wrestlemania moment. If she took down Asuka's undefeated streak at WM, it would have been THE top women's wrestling moment of all time in my opinion. I would at least have it in the top 3.

Good thing Bliss/Rousey won't be at WrestleMania then

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
With the fans...I get that it's a long show and it's probably a different vibe when you're there live. I've not been to a big show before like that. I guess I would ask these fans...why are you even there? Not to use this old cliché but the best message about not liking the product is to stop going to the shows. Vince has your money when you're in your seat...then you're going to chant obnoxiously? He's winning.

We're all frustrated with the product in our own way but I'm definitely one of those that wouldn't want to pay to attend a show right now. I wouldn't be chanting about nonsense during a title match either. I'd be there to see the men and women perform. If you're not entertained, just stop going.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

She's not going to be feuding with Bliss from now until WrestleMania, though...

I'm a huge Bliss fan, I understand her in-ring work leaves a lot to be desired when compared to Charlotte/Asuka, but I also understand that she's not being put in this position to go over. She's being put in this position as a placeholder and to give Ronda something to do.

If Ronda showed up at Mania and beat Asuka's streak or beat Charlotte... where do you go from there? I mean, yeah, they ****** up by having Asuka's streak end anyhow, but I really think they're going to build this thing up to Ronda/Charlotte at Mania.

For the time being, though, Ronda needs a foil. And not a foil that is her equal or something close to it. But a foil that fans want to see get her *** kicked by Ronda. Alexa plays that part sooooo well. Just look at the build to Ronda/Nia compared to the next night on RAW with Ronda/Alexa. Fans didn't give a **** about Ronda/Nia, but the crowd went absolutely nuts seeing Ronda put Alexa through a table. It just works.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Surprised to see Lashley get the win last night. As to the Universal title I think to help sell Summerslam and make the event seem like the big event it should be they should have a title shot tournament on the show. The winner takes on Lesnar the next night on RAW. If Lesnar fails to show up the tournament winner becomes champ.

14 man tournament would involve: Lashley, Reigns, Rollins, Mcintyre, Strowman, Wyatt, Roode, Balor, Elias, Titus, Mojo Rawley, Jinder, Baron Corbin, and Matt Hardy.

Reactions: tonyhawks77

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
She's not going to be feuding with Bliss from now until WrestleMania, though...

I'm a huge Bliss fan, I understand her in-ring work leaves a lot to be desired when compared to Charlotte/Asuka, but I also understand that she's not being put in this position to go over. She's being put in this position as a placeholder and to give Ronda something to do.

If Ronda showed up at Mania and beat Asuka's streak or beat Charlotte... where do you go from there? I mean, yeah, they ****** up by having Asuka's streak end anyhow, but I really think they're going to build this thing up to Ronda/Charlotte at Mania.

For the time being, though, Ronda needs a foil. And not a foil that is her equal or something close to it. But a foil that fans want to see get her *** kicked by Ronda. Alexa plays that part sooooo well. Just look at the build to Ronda/Nia compared to the next night on RAW with Ronda/Alexa. Fans didn't give a **** about Ronda/Nia, but the crowd went absolutely nuts seeing Ronda put Alexa through a table. It just works.

I will have a longer answer later, but the easiest thing to "What happens next?" is build the next star and make her take down Rousey. That is how it's always done. Everyone keeps getting elevated. Ember Moon is someone i'd have on the radar.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I thought the second half of last night was a pretty decent show that didn’t deserve the reaction it got.

Roman Reigns loses a mid card match clean to an opponent that needed a win, a cage match with an insane spot, and then the main events were title matches that delivered featuring Rollins and Styles.

Yeah the first hour view and it’s lame Asuka lost again but it wasn’t nearly as bad as the crowd made it feel.

Reactions: Hypernova

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I thought the second half of last night was a pretty decent show that didn’t deserve the reaction it got.

Roman Reigns loses a mid card match clean to an opponent that needed a win, a cage match with an insane spot, and then the main events were title matches that delivered featuring Rollins and Styles.

Yeah the first hour view and it’s lame Asuka lost again but it wasn’t nearly as bad as the crowd made it feel.
Actually all good points. The show is just tooooooo long.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Sounded like an awful show. RAW tag division is a joke. Asuka geeked again. WWE title not even a main event. What a disaster.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I didnt even watch when I got up today. I just looked up the results and thought "yeah, looks pretty WWE to me"

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Outside of the Roman-Lashely match that I could not not care any less about, I thought the show was pretty good. Shinsuke won the US title, Braun and KO had a good match with a crazy ending. AJ-Rusev and Dolph-Seth were pretty entertaining.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
@The Gongshow

da **** is going on bro? I turned on a stream, saw the Iron Man and now Carmella is incessantly chattering. What the hell kind of format is this?

Roman didn't main event, which was a big surprise and probably the reason why Bobby went over. AJ/Rusev didn't even main event... Rollins/Ziggler was and it was meh. I gave up watching and missed like 25 minutes and saw the last fall and the OT.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Roman didn't main event, which was a big surprise and probably the reason why Bobby went over. AJ/Rusev didn't even main event... Rollins/Ziggler was and it was meh. I gave up watching and missed like 25 minutes and saw the last fall and the OT.

lol you didn't miss much. I was half watching and rarely have I seen such an over protected match. Ziggler retained and WWE literally did everything they could to take any possible credibility from him.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
lol you didn't miss much. I was half watching and rarely have I seen such an over protected match. Ziggler retained and WWE literally did everything they could to take any possible credibility from him.

Apparently it was supposed to open the show, which it probably should have. The Rusev/AJ match was the best match of the night, AJ should have finally main evented a PPV

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
AJ is pretty much CM Punk as champ, except Punk was much more vocal about any displeasure he would have had.

No wonder they love AJ so much. He won’t shit on them at all.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
AJ is pretty much CM Punk as champ, except Punk was much more vocal about any displeasure he would have had.

No wonder they love AJ so much. He won’t **** on them at all.

Except AJ can actually wrestle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad