GDT: WWE Elimination Chamber (17th February 2019)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nia can win the battle royal and they can pretend that it's a big deal.

I mean I'm with you, but WWE knows it isn't a big deal. They want that heat, as you say. They will make it a big match with Nia as champ . I can just feel it.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Not even gonna bother watching. Just catch the highlights on instagram or something.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I mean I'm with you, but WWE knows it isn't a big deal. They want that heat, as you say. They will make it a big match with Nia as champ . I can just feel it.
I don’t see it being the case here. Not enough people will care about it if you make heels the inaugural champions, that’s why it almost never happens. You put it on Nia Jax, it’s too easy just to not pay attention.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
No work tomorrow so I will probably stay up and watch it. Not sure what to expect overall but the men's chamber should be awesome

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don’t see it being the case here. Not enough people will care about it if you make heels the inaugural champions, that’s why it almost never happens. You put it on Nia Jax, it’s too easy just to not pay attention.

I trust you. I have faith in you. Make it happen. I want Sasha/Bayley winning. ANYONE but Nia.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I trust you. I have faith in you. Make it happen. I want Sasha/Bayley winning. ANYONE but Nia.
When people talk about putting them in a chase, I don't see where you're getting the heat from. Sasha and Bayley will have already been beaten up, beaten down, and they're going to get beaten up and beaten down again, and then presumably they beat them? I see that way burying everybody. Unless they do a Nia/Tamina split, which, woof that's even worse.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
It's PPVs that you expect nothing from that don't end up sucking because you already set yourself up for low expectations right? That's my feeling for tonight.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There's only 6 matches booked for the main card tonight, so I'm optimistic.

• I always enjoy Elimination Chamber matches.
  • Balor should win the IC title, I would think.
  • Never get bored of Miz, and Shane will do some crazy spot again.
  • It depends on how they book Rousey & Riott, but that could even be decent. Hopefully it's not a squash :/
  • Baron vs Braun is bleh though.

Overall, I'll toss it on. Maybe post a Reality Episode, play some TEW while it's going. Plus @M.C.G. 31 is posting another HFWF.

I'm exhausted though, so we'll see if they can keep my attention.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ronda/Ruby isn't about the match, it's about whatever angle they're going to do.

Although I have fears they're going to try to do the Riot Squad thing against three unwilling partners in Ronda-Charlotte-Becky

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Dude... Elimination Chamber does not need to be f***ing 6 hours. :laugh:

Someone PLEASE tell WWE that more content does not mean people feel their 9.99 is well spent. They can get away with significantly less content and make it feel important.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Dude... Elimination Chamber does not need to be ****ing 6 hours. :laugh:

Someone PLEASE tell WWE that more content does not mean people feel their 9.99 is well spent. They can get away with significantly less content and make it feel important.

It’s only going to be 3.5 most likely. 4.5 if you count the pre-show. There’s only 6 main card matches, so I don’t see it going past 1045 or so

However, both Elimination Chamber and Fastlane is too much.

There should be a PPV 2 weeks from now, and that’s it.

Reactions: ColePens

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Riott Squad could be so good.
I think the success of this card depends on if they let the go. Let Ruby finally show her stuff. And keep Liv and Sarah in the chamber for while, cause they're easily the best tag team.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think the success of this card depends on if they let the go. Let Ruby finally show her stuff. And keep Liv and Sarah in the chamber for while, cause they're easily the best tag team.

I think Ronda should win by DQ. I think they make Ruby look strong but Liv and Sarah get involved and weapons come into play, pooooossibly brining out Shayna and co?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Where are they going with this Mojo thing?

Also, Coach is so much better as a host, than an analyst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad