GDT: WWE Elimination Chamber (17th February 2019)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think the WWE just doesnt audible enough and go with the flow, go with the white hot moment. Bryan as champ is awesome, but you fall into this great underdog story, why not go with it? Would have been a great moment and its very rare nowadays you get a crowd that invested as they were with Kofi.

There was an actual belief that Kofi might win. Oh well, I am not torn up about it or anything, but the WWE is just really good at missing the ball and not striking when the iron is hot.
The real answer is because it wasn't Vince's idea

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
They still could do that if they wanted to. There are too many risks with just calling audibles especially with how fickle WWE crowds are, just cause they're white hot in that moment doesn't mean it's a sustainable thing. They cheered that hard for Santino too when he was the last in the chamber against once again, Daniel Bryan. Not that him and Kofi are comparable but I'm just talking about crowd reacts.

Bryan/Rowan vs. The New Day as the WWE Championship feud heading into Mania (with the match being a one-on-one of Kofi/Bryan) would be fantastic. Emphasis on the fact that it encompasses all members.

I just think the WWE is too dead set in their plans. Braun always comes to mind when not striking when something is white hot. Plus how hard is it to change their plans when creatively most of it stinks anyway. :laugh:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I like a show like last night that you thought could've been good...didn't have huge hopes for it...but it ended up being really really fun. That was a pleasant surprise of a show. Figured there were a couple fun chamber matches on the card but it really was a solid non-Big 4 PPV show.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Wait people are complaining about Bryan being champ???? :laugh:

I remember one person saying his run was stale but no one really seemed to agree with it, seems like the consensus around here is that Bryan is on fire right now. Whether he drops the belt at Mania or not seems more split, depends on who he faces for me personally. Despite our excitement, it won't be Kofi (but if it was I would happily love to see him win). Anyone else especially a Rey or Orton, Bryan please retain.

Alot of people wanted Kofi to get the belt. Sure it would of been nice but Kofi is kinda the lowest of all the New Day Members anyways. I would take Big E or Xavier over him as champions.

Yes Kofi was super over and it would of been a huge pop. But its not like he lost to Reigns or 2005 HHH. Its Bryan. We missed 2/3 years of him wrestling, let him have the belt going into WM. His story about being the Planets champion needs to continue.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They wanted Kofi to win because it would've been a special moment that would've been real. The people in attendance weren't concerned about Wrestlemania. I don't think people are complaining about Danielson specifically being champion and if they are they're stupid.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Alot of people wanted Kofi to get the belt. Sure it would of been nice but Kofi is kinda the lowest of all the New Day Members anyways. I would take Big E or Xavier over him as champions.

Yes Kofi was super over and it would of been a huge pop. But its not like he lost to Reigns or 2005 HHH. Its Bryan. We missed 2/3 years of him wrestling, let him have the belt going into WM. His story about being the Planets champion needs to continue.
He could have easily got the belt BACK on Tuesday night and nothing would have changed. The moment would have still been hot. Bryan could even more heat talking about being screwed over. You could have went right back to whatever the plans were without losing much of anything. And the moment would have been something they could have referenced for years and years and years to come.

As for calling Kofi the lowest of the New Day members..... what? Kofi has been in singles matches for the World Title before. Kofi has basically won a Suvivor Series match by himself. Sure, it was many moons ago but it happened. If anything, Kofi is the most SUCCESSFUL of the New Day members.

Kofi Kingston is a;
8-time Tag Team Champion with a ton of different wrestlers. CM Punk, Evan Bourne, New Day, R-Truth.
4-time Intercontinental Champion.
3-time United States Champion.

Let's compare that to the other New Day members;

Big E is a;
1-time Intercontinental Champion
5-time Tag Team Champion

Xavier Woods is a;
5-time Tag Team Champion

I know Kofi has been in WWE a lot longer than the others. 4-years longer than Big E and 5-years longer than Xavier Woods - but still. I'd be very surprised in another few years if either of those guys has won 7 singles titles.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
They wanted Kofi to win because it would've been a special moment that would've been real. The people in attendance weren't concerned about Wrestlemania. I don't think people are complaining about Danielson specifically being champion and if they are they're stupid.

Imagine even as recently as a year ago saying “The WWE universe is going home dejected after Daniel Bryan retained the WWE championship over Kofi Kingston”

People would think you were nuts. Lol. That’s how over Daniel Bryan was with the fans for so long.

Reactions: scrubadam

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bryan isn’t stale at all but sometimes, you should go with the lightning in the bottle. It would also enhance Bryan’s character more too.

That said, Daniel Bryan is legitimately one of the GOATs. It’s f***ing wild how just one year ago he was loved by EVERYONE, and this man was the most over organically since Austin/Rock, and fast forward to 2019, he’s such a masterful heel that people want Kofi to win (tied in to Kofi finally getting a chance as the grizzled vet). Daniel Bryan is one of the GOATs. He’s amazing.

Reactions: mikeyz and xtra

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yo Mandy is legit too. Her improvement has been awesome.

Any hate on Mandy is ignorance.

She's improved a ton, and is a good character. I won't go as far as to say she might be Trish 2.0 like someone did in another thread, but she is of the same ilk.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

She's improved a ton, and is a good character. I won't go as far as to say she might be Trish 2.0 like someone did in another thread, but she is of the same ilk.
There’s no reason she can’t be a Trish 2.0. Tridh wasn’t some goddess in the ring.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
He could have easily got the belt BACK on Tuesday night and nothing would have changed. The moment would have still been hot. Bryan could even more heat talking about being screwed over. You could have went right back to whatever the plans were without losing much of anything. And the moment would have been something they could have referenced for years and years and years to come.

As for calling Kofi the lowest of the New Day members..... what? Kofi has been in singles matches for the World Title before. Kofi has basically won a Suvivor Series match by himself. Sure, it was many moons ago but it happened. If anything, Kofi is the most SUCCESSFUL of the New Day members.

Kofi Kingston is a;
8-time Tag Team Champion with a ton of different wrestlers. CM Punk, Evan Bourne, New Day, R-Truth.
4-time Intercontinental Champion.
3-time United States Champion.

Let's compare that to the other New Day members;

Big E is a;
1-time Intercontinental Champion
5-time Tag Team Champion

Xavier Woods is a;
5-time Tag Team Champion

I know Kofi has been in WWE a lot longer than the others. 4-years longer than Big E and 5-years longer than Xavier Woods - but still. I'd be very surprised in another few years if either of those guys has won 7 singles titles.

It would of been a nice pop, but I can't be upset with Bryan as champ considiring we missed like 3 years of his career. Keeping Bryan strong and on the top is not a complaint I will have. Kofi wasn't even supposed to be there.

As far as being the lowest member, I meant the one I am most interested in. Yes he has accomplished more, but if I had to chose one member of the New Day to get hotshotted a title I would take Big E or Xavier over Kofi. Both of those guys are much more interesting to me than Kofi. It has nothing to do with what he accomplished in his career, its who entertains me more.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There’s no reason she can’t be a Trish 2.0. Tridh wasn’t some goddess in the ring.

I'm more referring to the connection with the fans. Trish had something special with them, that I personally don't think any other Women of her era, including Lita had.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN

The only issue i have with her is personal. The way she treated my boy once she joined NXT pissed me off (hes the guy she was dating on total divas). She was close friends with my sister and never even called when my nephew was born. Purely personal but i can say the 1 time i did meet her before she went to NXT she was nice and down to earth.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Bryan isn’t stale at all but sometimes, you should go with the lightning in the bottle. It would also enhance Bryan’s character more too.

That said, Daniel Bryan is legitimately one of the GOATs. It’s ****ing wild how just one year ago he was loved by EVERYONE, and this man was the most over organically since Austin/Rock, and fast forward to 2019, he’s such a masterful heel that people want Kofi to win (tied in to Kofi finally getting a chance as the grizzled vet). Daniel Bryan is one of the GOATs. He’s amazing.

No argument here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->