GDT: WWE Elimination Chamber (17th February 2019)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Welcome to WWE: Elimination Chamber, the “two miles of chain” PPV!

WWE World Championship - Elimination Chamber Match
20190213_EC_Men--3adc41fa0bf33babe8285942f7fde043.jpg

Kofi Kingston vs Jeff Hardy vs Daniel Bryan (c) vs AJ Styles vs Randy Orton vs Samoa Joe

WWE Raw Women’s Championship - Singles Match
20190208_EC_RondaRuby--02a9d338c1f47c7e7d1d1f01f9afe8be.jpg

Ronda Rousey (c) vs Ruby Riott

WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Singles Match
20190207_EC_MurphyAkira--18637f212b5ec713f030fed8309838e7.jpg

Buddy Murphy (c) vs Akira Tozawa

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Handicap Match
20190211_EC_BobbyLioFinn--b6616030c20ff407ee793023e369dc50.jpg

Lio Rush & Bobby Lashley (c) vs Finn Bálor

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship - Tag Team Match
20190208_EC_Tag--4b2b732f4640d69675d08af4dff1561d.jpg

The Miz & Shane McMahon (c) vs The Usos (Jey & Jimmy Uso)

WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship - Tag Team Elimination Chamber Match
20190207_EC_Womens_12woman--6d2d5a7bc156997e6d5537a3fa698a8e.jpg

Sasha Banks & Bayley vs Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose vs Naomi & Carmella vs Nia Jax & Tamina vs Liv Morgan & Sarah Logan vs Peyton Royce & Billie Kay

Winners to be crowned the inaugural WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions

No-Disqualification Match
20190211_EC_BraunCorbin--2d690fbf6aa071b7b65b14891a31aea9.jpg

Braun Strowman vs Baron Corbin

Last edited:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Going up before Smackdown, so changes will be needed.

Some matches are good, other are bad. The bad ones are bad because they have bad wresters in them. Or they've got an extra person in a singles title match...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
christ this week already?

this is definitely a "day after highlights" for me

I sort of wish this was a legit $54.99 PPV and buyrates may only reach 50k. Goodness does WWE believe in quantity over quality, eh?.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The WWE title, Ronda/Ruby, Murphy/Tozawa should be good to great, but I have no interest for anything except the WWE Title match.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ronda’s only here doing this match because they advertised her. There won’t be a single person in the building who thinks the title is changing. They certainly didn’t give you a reason to think it could when Vince McMahon writes himself to ignore that this match even takes place.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Ronda’s only here doing this match because they advertised her. There won’t be a single person in the building who thinks the title is changing. They certainly didn’t give you a reason to think it could when Vince McMahon writes himself to ignore that this match even takes place.

Yeah, wasn't there zero mention of Rousey vs. Riott on Raw last night? I only read what happened but it seemed like storyline wise, it was already said Rousey is defending at WM.

I'm a little intrigued by the WWE title match at least. I can't tell what that title match will be at WM. I feel like Bryan has win the EC. Today, I read Harper is close to returning, so I thought of Bryan with Rowan vs. Wyatt with Harper. That doesn't sound Wrestlemania calibre but I don't think Bryan vs. Any face on SD is really WM worthy.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
have to think Ronda v Ruby is one of the heaviest odds in along while lol

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Smackers champ not even on the card. Lol this company sucks.

Does the US title still exist?
I don't want them on the damn show. I don't want twelve match shows that lasts seven hours; and that goes double when you've got two chamber matches. You don't need all the titles on all the shows, it is perfectly fine to have non-title storylines getting matches on PPVs.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't want them on the damn show. I don't want twelve match shows that lasts seven hours; and that goes double when you've got two chamber matches. You don't need all the titles on all the shows, it is perfectly fine to have non-title storylines getting matches on PPVs.

I mean you really do need your champs to show up once in a while. The Universl Champ, SD Women’s champ, and US champ have all been MIA for weeks now.

That Ronda/Ruby match doesn’t need to be happening. Barely anyone even knows it is happening.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I mean you really do need your champs to show up once in a while. The Universl Champ, SD Women’s champ, and US champ have all been MIA for weeks now.
You only need them to show up if you are doing something with them. Else you are just piling pointless filler into the shows and wasting matches that you could do later with a bigger spotlight.

Should they be completely absent from TV, probably not. A promo or two is really all you need to keep them around. But they certainly don't need to be having matches constantly just for the sake of it.

Ronda's match needs to happen as she needs matches more than anything. They also need something on the show that is related to the 'Mania main event so they can keep pushing that, and obviously having Becky around isn't an option 'cos storyline. (And Ronda is going to be Lesnar like, so use her while you've got her).

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

That Ronda/Ruby match doesn’t need to be happening. Barely anyone even knows it is happening.

I'm guessing the Ruby/Nikki match from last week was for a PPV title shot? Was it even mentioned prior to or during their match?

Also re: Nikki, I'm at a loss to explain why they opted to split her from SAnitY. Where have they even been, completely ignored on Smackdown ever since their callup. No wonder Killian was pissed off on Twitter, it's obvious Creative doesn't know what to do with the them so they're in limbo. :help:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm guessing the Ruby/Nikki match from last week was for a PPV title shot? Was it even mentioned prior to or during their match?

Also re: Nikki, I'm at a loss to explain why they opted to split her from SAnitY. Where have they even been, completely ignored on Smackdown ever since their callup. No wonder Killian was pissed off on Twitter, it's obvious Creative doesn't know what to do with the them so they're in limbo. :help:

It's not like New Day was doing anything before the Ali injury either. Why not pair Sanity vs New Day? The New Day had a fairly entertaining angle against the Wyatts so they can obviously play off weirder characters and make it work. Matches would likely be damn good too.

But alas.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It's not like New Day was doing anything before the Ali injury either. Why not pair Sanity vs New Day? The New Day had a fairly entertaining angle against the Wyatts so they can obviously play off weirder characters and make it work. Matches would likely be damn good too.

But alas.

Yep. No clue what the deal is with Creative and just letting talent waste away on the sidelines with no storylines or angles at all.

And we're STILL waiting on the return of Bray Wyatt, who's been healthy this entire time. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

But alas.
f***. That was such a good angle, too. Woods being in a trance because of Wyatt and playing into the finish of the match.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
****. That was such a good angle, too. Woods being in a trance because of Wyatt and playing into the finish of the match.

I can't even remember, how did that feud end? Didn't they have some wacky outdoor match or something? Seems like it didn't go anywhere, and New Day kept chugging right along.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

But alas.
They don't have enough time.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"Hey Revival, look, we gave you the titles! Are you happy now!?!?

Oh by the way, you aren't on the card for the upcoming PPV"

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
"Hey Revival, look, we gave you the titles! Are you happy now!?!?

Oh by the way, you aren't on the card for the upcoming PPV"

Well it does seem very Smackdown-centric.

I mean we're used to the Raw title going AWOL every single week, no surprise it'll be absent again this Sunday.

They don't have enough time.

Yeah, you're right. They needed enough time to show Strowman vs. Corbin, Part 82. :banghead:

Why are they doing a TV match during a PPV? Who ****ing cares about that feud anymore?! And why is Baron Corbin still wearing vests?! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad