WWE: WWE being sold to Endeavor Group Holdings, forming media company $21B merger with UFC

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You realize that isn't reporting that WWE sold to the Saudis right? What is your opinion on SRS because he literally did report it lol
I said Meltzer/Alvarez were hinting at it.

I posted SRS comments earlier which I saw posted elsewhere. He didn't seem to be very sure on the story based on them.

So no confirmation as yet?
Seems far from it. The trade media is not even taking it seriously.

Reactions: Guardian17

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Where there's smoke, there's certainly fire.
The trade medias would've reported it already.

------------------------

Of the other rumored potential buyers, Comcast and Disney, I don't see the latter being potential due to reporting 4 billion losses last year but who knows. Plus the memes that would follow... BAH GAWD, WHAT'S MICKEY MOUSE DOING WITH A STEEL CHAIR BEHIND VINCE?! etc.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

------------------------

Of the other rumored potential buyers, Comcast and Disney, I don't see the latter being potential due to reporting 4 billion losses last year but who knows. Plus the memes that would follow... BAH GAWD, WHAT'S MICKEY MOUSE DOING WITH A STEEL CHAIR BEHIND VINCE?! etc.
Not necessarily.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They knew they in talks, they probably thought it was done and found out it’s not.

They were probably floating stuff vaguely so they would get answers from people.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I would be surprised if this traced back to a single source. It may have been one tweet saying the deal was done however prior to that multiple reporters, well if you want to call them that, hinted that more news was to come so they were hearing something about a potential deal. Maybe they are deep into negotiations, maybe they are focusing on the Saudis but open to higher bids until a deal is reached, who knows, but I don't think the rumour started from nothing. If there is too much smoke sometimes public companies release statements for fear of potential troubles with the SEC. In this instance WWE could categorically deny that they have spoken to the Saudi's about a potential deal or they could confirm that there has been discussions however nothing is imminent and that they would welcome additional buyers to discuss potential deals.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I would be surprised if this traced back to a single source. It may have been one tweet saying the deal was done however prior to that multiple reporters, well if you want to call them that, hinted that more news was to come so they were hearing something about a potential deal. Maybe they are deep into negotiations, maybe they are focusing on the Saudis but open to higher bids until a deal is reached, who knows, but I don't think the rumour started from nothing. If there is too much smoke sometimes public companies release statements for fear of potential troubles with the SEC. In this instance WWE could categorically deny that they have spoken to the Saudi's about a potential deal or they could confirm that there has been discussions however nothing is imminent and that they would welcome additional buyers to discuss potential deals.
I mean, the rumour first started because Vince said in his press release that one of the things he would do was lead a "strategic" process that could lead to a sale.

So, there's the fire. Then, Saudis and other bidders, who the f*** really knows? :laugh:

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
According to SRS, this started in a group chat without any reliable sources, where it just escalated and some people just ran with it. That all sounds ominously "HFBoardian".

Reactions: yahhockey

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Voight and Jussi

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
According to SRS, this started in a group chat without any reliable sources, where it just escalated and some people just ran with it. That all sounds ominously "HFBoardian".
lol, okay, that's ridiculous. So a bunch of wrestling reporters have a group chat, one mentions Vince talking to the Saudi's after he left WWE, one says they had also heard something about the Saudi's, they're all hopped up on liquor and coke so the group chat goes crazy and suddenly it's confirmed the Saudi's are buying WWE. HFBoardian is a good call. I think the entire group chat was your Sami Zayn gif. lol

The rumour wasn't that WWE is going to be sold, the rumour was that a deal was imminent or in place with the Saudi's, which is what created the six page 140 post thread of stupidity in which we are talking. Oh well. Carry on

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I mean, the rumour first started because Vince said in his press release that one of the things he would do was lead a "strategic" process that could lead to a sale.

So, there's the fire. Then, Saudis and other bidders, who the f*** really knows? :laugh:

That's where I am at. I believe a sale is going to happen, but f*** all if can properly speculate on who the buyer will be.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
SRS has been a massive snot about this whole thing and despite trying to take a high road that he wouldn't put out an unconfirmed story like that, he still rode the damn thing all night to boost his shit.

I am leaning though that this was a rumor someone in the company heard that snowballed out of control as these jerks rushed to be the first one to report.

A WWE sale is a massive massive deal with I imagine lots of moving parts. Plus it's a big story, I would expect way more simple for when it happens (along with official stuff like a SEC filing).

I would be surprised if something like that is broke by wrestlingnews or bodyslam of all places.

And who knows who and why this rumor got out there for. Whether it's someone mistaken, full of shit, or if it was purposefully leaked for whatever reason

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

------------------------

Disney would be interested given the massive video library they would be acquiring with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad