WWE: WWE being sold to Endeavor Group Holdings, forming media company $21B merger with UFC

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sapp is a chud so him trying to play both sides while being a piss boy isn't surprising.

It's very possible this deal does happen, but I think a lot of twitter might have rushed in to claim they were first with little care to whether they were being totally accurate or not

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
SRS is being both sides guy, and he’s WWE’s leaker, so definitely a possibility maybe even probability.
He even suggested that this was put out as a "feeler" in my earlier post. If this really ends up some people jumping the gun on a rumor, then it's more proof that wrestling twitter/journalism is terrible.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He even suggested that this was put out as a "feeler" in my earlier post. If this really ends up some people jumping the gun on a rumor, then it's more proof that wrestling twitter/journalism is terrible.
The actual known journalists aren’t running it though. Just the Eklunds.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, it's just that there seem to be too many people with no actual information spreading rumors. It's been said/documented that Meltzer no longer has good sources at WWE and he's been well off on several rumors in the last couple of years (the one about Asuka the best/worst example) and he seemed to be in on this one too. So do we put Meltzer in the Eklund category now too?

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, it's just that there seem to be too many people with no actual information spreading rumors. It's been said/documented that Meltzer no longer has good sources at WWE and he's been well off on several rumors in the last couple of years (the one about Asuka the best/worst example) and he seemed to be in on this one too. So do we put Meltzer in the Eklund category now too?

Meltzer did not report that WWE had a deal with Saudi Arabia.

And the Asuka thing is not even close to a good example, you’re the only one who remembers that. He was asked about her off-hand and assumed something he didn’t know. There’s much better examples.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Meltzer did not report that? lol

He did report that Vince has had talks with Saudi Arabia for a while though, hasn't he?
He did do that....which could still be true. I would honestly be surprised if it wasn't.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Not even close to the same thing. You've been clutching at that one for far too long, as well.

This is such an anxiety nightmare for all the wrestlers/staff...

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

It's true.

And FWIW, if there was any buyer that loser Eklunds would say bought WWE, it'd definitely be a group from Saudi Arabia. So basically a perfect conversation generator.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
This reminds me of speculation of major purchases by companies related to video games. Deals at this level tend not to be leaked to people in the industry, these are the type of things that WSJ, Financial Times, etc break.

Reactions: Jussi

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I liked the morning sports show this morning "I talked to Yukon Jack this morning as he's a huge wrestling fan and my twitter was blowing up last night about WWE chaos. I still don't know if it's reality or just an angle"
:laugh:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Tony Khan feeling like a king rn

Be hilarious if he "won the war" without having to outspend or buyout his competition.

Still a LA show and the check will still be large.

I don't think a lot of talent is going to really care as much as people want them too as long as the checks are still being cashed.

Vince being put back in charge of creative will cause talent to stir more then new ownership

The guys who jumped ship to LIV Golf would agree.

People can act outraged but they'll keep working for the WWE whether its owned by VMM or the Saudi Government.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He did report that Vince has had talks with Saudi Arabia for a while though, hasn't he?

I'd be shocked if this isn't true.

Saudi's like dealing with Vince. If there's a rumor of sale going through, makes sense they're talking, regardless of if it leads somewhere or not

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I still think something is going on. Too much smoke to just ignore and assume everything is fine.

Vince obviously talked to them when he was away. That much we know. My buddy's theory is somebody leaked this to spurn a bidding war or to spark interest.

Meltzer made a good point about how this is basically the exact way the UFC sale played out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad