WWE: WWE being sold to Endeavor Group Holdings, forming media company $21B merger with UFC

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Saudis tried to throw 3 quarters of a billion dollars at the broken down remains of Tiger Woods to play on their shitty little golf circuit. Something tells me they don't care about the cost if they can speed things up.

For all we know Vince was talking to them behind closed doors when he was away and deal was already done to the point it's just signing off on it.

I think that's very possible and why I question whether everything is on the up and up here and fully legal.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think that's very possible and why I question whether everything is on the up and up here and fully legal.
Another theory is JPMorgan was brought in by not Vince board members to pursue a sale.

Vince gets wind of this, realizes this might screw with whatever back room deal he had with the Saudis, and then proceeds to force himself back into power so he can get *his* deal. Would explain the speed.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Another theory is JPMorgan was brought in by not Vince board members to pursue a sale.

Vince gets wind of this, realizes this might screw with whatever back room deal he had with the Saudis, and then proceeds to force himself back into power so he can get *his* deal. Would explain the speed.

I really hope some proper journalists shine a flashlight on all of this

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I really hope some proper journalists shine a flashlight on all of this
I definitely don't doubt something screwy went on with this. I mean, screwy may as well be Vince's middle name at this point with all the other shady/scummy shit he's done/gotten away with in his life.

My question is can anything be done to shoot this down even with the shadiness. Vince doesn't give a f*** given he actively tried to stay aboard when he was legitimate hurting the company with the bad PR from the scandal. He holds all the power and realistically nothing can really be done.

"Well the shareholders could sue" They could, until they're told to shut up, take this nice briefcase full of money and go away since its now private again.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I definitely don't doubt something screwy went on with this. I mean, screwy may as well be Vince's middle name at this point with all the other shady/scummy shit he's done/gotten away with in his life.

My question is can anything be done to shoot this down even with the shadiness. Vince doesn't give a f*** given he actively tried to stay aboard when he was legitimate hurting the company with the bad PR from the scandal. He holds all the power and realistically nothing can really be done.

I wonder if the SEC has any say in approving or overseeing this

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I wonder if the SEC has any say in approving or overseeing this
SEC probably wouldn't give a shit sadly. They're more concerned with monopolies. And this deal, at least on the surface level doesn't actually monopolize wrestling in the short term.

And even with that mind, look at how companies like Disney were just allowed to keep buying shit.

Wait until we find out Jared Kushner, who is basically an arm of the Saudi financial machine somehow had a part in this.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
SEC probably wouldn't give a shit sadly. They're more concerned with monopolies. And this deal, at least on the surface level doesn't actually monopolize wrestling in the short term.

And even with that mind, look at how companies like Disney were just allowed to keep buying shit.

Government has plenty of its own shady dealings with the Saudis too so doubtful they would step in if they could

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
f*** off Vince. It was such a breath of fresh air when he left. So much optimism and now it's completely destroyed.

Reactions: CDJ and King 88

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
shareholders already knew, that’s why the stock went up when Vince came back.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
AEW is in perfect position now. Their timing was perfect. Now, they'll become the premier wrestling company, at least on this side of the pond. They've been around just long enough to get big stars and a TV contract.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
AEW is in perfect position now. Their timing was perfect. Now, they'll become the premier wrestling company, at least on this side of the pond. They've been around just long enough to get big stars and a TV contract.
Tony just needs to figure out a way to fix Rampage. They need 4 hours of TV a week and get it on a better slot and run it live every week.

Reactions: King 88

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also gonna get bailed out of Warner/Discovery cuts.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

This will not cause AEW to overtake WWE, there will not be nearly as much outrage as people on here think there will be. Unless the Saudi's decide to flush their investment down the toilet and remove it from US tv the WWE will continue to be the top wrestling promotion, and with the infusion of so much more cash they might even increase their hold on the top spot

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly it makes way more sense that this didn't happen.

A deal that big coming together that quickly, especially like a week after they hired JP Morgan and Chase to oversee this just didn't make sense.

Plus something this big being broke by wrestling twitter and not real journalists didn't make much sense either. This isn't a wrestling storyline

Reactions: Jussi

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

A deal that big coming together that quickly, especially like a week after they hired JP Morgan and Chase to oversee this just didn't make sense.

Plus something this big being broke by wrestling twitter and not real journalists didn't make much sense either. This isn't a wrestling storyline

I won't be surprised either way but would be nice if this all ends up being untrue.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
they for sure floated it to see what public backlash would be like
SRS is being both sides guy, and he’s WWE’s leaker, so definitely a possibility maybe even probability.

Reactions: CDJ

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Melltzer saying Vince started talking with the Saudi's right after he "retired"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad