GDT: WWE BATTLEGROUND (July 24, 2016) -- Going separate ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's not just Reigns, it's the draft too. There was lots of focus on that too.

But yeah, the Shield three way really should have been scrapped as soon as Reigns was suspended. They could have built Ambrose vs Rollins part twelve easily enough and it would have been fine, especially when it's a mostly throwaway PPV. You could build the three way much better for another time.

You'd could even work Reign's removal into a heel turn, and then have them clash at cross-brand shows to build it up. Like Reigns does a run in on Ambrose's title match, Ambrose costs Rollins his title. Having them cash in Raw vs Smackdown Survivor Series match and during the Rumble. Then you can have it as a big match for Wrestlemania next year.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Zayn/KO
Sheila Triple Threat

both could be amazing, really hoping the triple threat isn't a let down. A lot of us have been wanting this match for a while

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I assume the main event will have some sort of a screwjob finish, like perhaps Ambrose and Rollins both pinning Reigns at the same time, that will cause both brands to claim their guy is the rightful champion and end up with a world title on each show.

And if Sasha's partner isn't Bayley, it better be Asuka or a surprise appearance from Lita. If they go with Nia, the crowd will boo the entire match.

I don't hate Nia as much as everyone else here. She has potential, but she doesn't look ready yet and I'm still shocked they called her up. Then again, they also called up Mojo. So maybe the NXT picks were drawn from a hat.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im still not really a big fan of how the main event has been booked. how I would have done it

- Remove Reigns from the Triple Threat, Ambrose vs Rollins for the title
- Still make it very clear Romans suspension expires before BG
- match ensues, Rollins hits pedigree, but "tweaks" knee and doesnt pin, Ambrose tries to get up on his hands and knees, Rollins looks like hes thinking about going for a Curb Stomp (cause **** da police), as he goes for it Reigns runs in and hits a spear, shades of Extreme Rules. Dean picks up the pin and retains
- brand split happens, Reigns is finally a monster heel, Rollins and Reigns feud properly for a little while that they havent had a chance to, sets up match for SummerSlam.
- Steph, naturally furious that Dean retained, and frustrated with Foley for drafting the guy responsible for Seth losing at BG (cracks start to show with Steph and Foley here) insists that it be a triple threat for the title
- Shield Triple threat happens at SummerSlam, with a proper buildup and non-terrible lead-in

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The Wyatts go over The New Day with Wyatt getting the pin, he sets Strowman free after the match and on Smackdownn, he sets Rowan free but when he calls upon him, Rowan returns home. Rowan does his own thing until Harper returns and the original Wyatt Family is back, with Harper and Rowan dominating the tag-team scene and Wyatt in the main event.

Continue on their way, and then at the Rumble begin the build for a cross-promotional six-man tag match between The Club (Balor, Anderson & Gallows) against The Wyatt Family.

I think Balor with Gallows and Anderson has to happen at some point. Why not at Battleground?

If they aren't going to have A.J.-Cena at SummerSlam...you can have a break-up of the Club at Battleground where Balor comes to the ring and Gallows and Anderson turn on A.J. Plus, Enzo and Cass vs. Anderson and Gallows can become a rivalry.

Heel Balor (with the Balor Club) against babyface A.J. at SummerSlam. With SummerSlam being a shared PPV (in theory), they can have Raw's Balor Club go against Smackdown's A.J. but I don't know how you keep a feud like that going on different shows post-SummerSlam.

Or they forgo the A.J.-Finn SummerSlam match and just have face vs. face with A.J. vs. Cena. Put A.J. over Cena and give him a Smackdown title shot down the road as they build him back up as a top babyface.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Wasn't Young drafted like...35th or something? I know I shouldn't put too much into draft position but WWE didn't even try to pretend like he mattered. Ditto Ryder.

Neither has a chance, imo.

littleD

This event looks so useless on paper lol.

A triple threat with a champ no one cares about.

Zayn/ Owens for the 75th time on WWE TV.

Two women's matches, where the crowd will pop a bit for entrances, and then stay silent for the matches.

Two six-man tag matches playa.

And LOL those other title matches....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Young probably wins by DQ or something.

I don't think Lita is the mystery partner. The way they've had her talk about the women in her pre-show analysises (?) and things like awarding the new Women's title, I think she'd feel like she'd be taking the spotlight away from Sasha and Charlotte and on to herself.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so Sasha is proud of the fact she found a partner even Meltzer couldnt guess

CM Punk it is then :sarcasm:

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
This event looks so useless on paper lol.

A triple threat with a champ no one cares about.

Zayn/ Owens for the 75th time on WWE TV.

Two women's matches, where the crowd will pop a bit for entrances, and then stay silent for the matches.

Two six-man tag matches playa.

And LOL those other title matches....

I don't know what your talking about, the Triple Threat is going to be a MOTY candidate, and Zayn/Owens is always at least a 4 star match. Even the six man tags are stacked

And "a champ that no one cares about" is just LOL

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The matches are pretty difficult to call in the predictions thread. A lot of variables which should make for an interesting show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark