Post-Game Talk: WTF just happened? Oil win 4-3

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Here is the full Coaches Challenge rile

The League will make available in all arenas, technology (either a
handheld tablet or a television or computer monitor) that will allow OnIce Officials, in conjunction with the NHL Situation Room, to view replays if, and only to the extent, a formal Coach’s Challenge has been initiated (or, in the final minute of play or in Overtime, a review by Hockey Operations is initiated). To the extent practical, the replays made available to the Officials on the ice will be the same replays that are being utilized by the NHL Situation Room. Once a Challenge has been initiated (or, in the final minute of play
or in Overtime, a review is initiated by Hockey Operations), the NHL Situation Room will immediately establish contact with the Referee (or Linesman) responsible for the call on the ice via the headset and will inquire and discuss with the Referee (or Linesman), prior to the Referee (or Linesman) examining any video, the following: (a) the Referee’s (or Linesman’s) “final” call on the ice; and (b) what the Referee (or Linesman) observed on the play. The on-ice call will then be reviewed simultaneously by the
appropriate On-Ice Officials at ice level and by Hockey Operations in the NHL Situation Video Room using any and all replays at their disposal. After reviewing the play and consulting with the NHL Situation Room, the appropriate On-Ice Officials will then make the “final” decision on whether to uphold or overturn the original call on the ice. Once the decision is made, the Referee will inform the Penalty Timekeeper/PA Announcer and will make the announcement on the ice.

You forgot all the connect the dots paths lol

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Rbe4emA.gif

Talbot's cheque clears and the Oilers win the review.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Toronto pulled through for us and saved everyone on here from WW3, kind of like how they still continue to pull through in sending us goats. Thank you Toronto. I love you and will relax on my dislike for the leafs franchise. (City is lit tho, not a peep from me)

IMG_0047.JPG

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I have to wonder if McLellan's mancrush with Caggiula is starting to come to an end. He only got 6:31 of icetime tonight, the lowest on the team and his least amount of icetime he's had all year. After failing to tie up his man on LA's 2nd goal, he sat on the bench for the rest of the game.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Oh okay, I get why the time was added back. Still don't really get the logic of why time is needed to reset if the puck crosses the goal line and nothing results of it. Just kind of makes more sense to me to continue playing unless an actual goal stands.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Oh okay, I get why the time was added back. Still don't really get the logic of why time is needed to reset if the puck crosses the goal line and nothing results of it. Just kind of makes more sense to me to continue playing unless an actual goal stands.

Because a goal was scored and play should have stopped. The fact that the goal was disallowed is irrelevant.

It certainly would've been easier to just say the goal didn't count and we already played out the time but that's not how it works.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I've been quietly defending Lucic in my mind but tonight he was almost worse than Benning. OMFG, anyone would have been better on MCD's LW. Actually nobody might have been better. Roll 4 against 5.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Oh and give me MacT over TMac any day. TMac is the worst. Almost as bad as Eakins defending a lead but way more stubborn with player deployment.

Reactions: PulYou

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Oh and give me MacT over TMac any day. TMac is the worst. Almost as bad as Eakins defending a lead but way more stubborn with player deployment.

I barely watched the game since i was at work but i caught the last 10 minutes and correct me if i'm wrong but i didn't see Poolparty on the ice once. I mean i could be wrong, but from what i read about the game on these very boards Poolparty played a pretty good game and of course it's TMac as the coach so he gets benched for no reason cuz he needs to be taught a "lesson" for some baffling reason. This kid needs the rest of the games this year to develop his game and get some confidence back but TMac refuses to reward him with ice time for anything good he does. Instead he gets benched for playing a good physical forecheck game while Cammy (Addmitedly he did get 3 apples this game but that's beside the point cuz that seems to be an anomaly at this point in his career) gets more ice time so we can "showcase" him for the trade deadline.

Reactions: PulYou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad