Post-Game Talk: WTF just happened? Oil win 4-3

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Just to clarify:

The war room is only looking to see if the puck crossed the line and if it crossed legally IE: kicked in or shot in and such but not goaltender interference

Referee's are looking for goaltender interference

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
This game was important to LA and they got 0 points out of it.

Feels good. I'll take what I can get this season.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Just to clarify:

The war room is only looking to see if the puck crossed the line and if it crossed legally IE: kicked in or shot in and such but not goaltender interference

Referee's are looking for goaltender interference
I think you got that backwards unless the announcers on hockey night in Canada are wrong

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Anyone care to explain why they got to replay 9.8 seconds after the goal was disallowed? How does that give them back the time?
Cause they ruled the goal cross the line so it was a goal so time gets added back to where it happened. Then it was dissallowe for goalie interference.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
What's with the weird games against LA? Kings and the refs can get lost

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Lucic with arguably his worst game as an oiler, JP with one of his best since he's been demoted to the fourth line. JP benched and Lucic getting double shifted. I don't give a shit that we won, this coach is ruining another player before our very eyes so the gm can save face with his 6 million dollar mistake.

Someone leave a trail of oiler jerseys with the number 83 on them leading to the nearest cliff please.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Anyone care to explain why they got to replay 9.8 seconds after the goal was disallowed? How does that give them back the time?
Because they called it a goal but because it was waved off for interference then it goes back to the goal. If it was deemed no goal from the initial review then it would be game over.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Is there a bigger joke in the NHL than the Edmonton Oilers? Why yes there is!

The NHL's immense favouritism towards the LA Kings, attempting to have refs hand them every game, make questionable calls in their favour, and rule as many replays in their favour as possible including even obvious calls (see: RNH/Yakupov goal debacle back in 2012-2013). As Tom Renney aptly put it "maybe you need Hollywood in the playoffs".

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Nothing good comes from putting Klefbom and Benning in with seconds left when you have Nurse and Larsson.

DERP.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
you'd think a fanbase that has had Dionne, Gretzky, etc. through the years, would learn a thing or three about the sport.
that fanbase is very ignorant when it comes to the sports entertainment industry of hockey.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Good job. OoT teams were following this one and hoping your team could pull this out. Gave us a scare near the end but you went Right-A-Down-Right-A-Down and dodged that bullet.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
The scariest thing about that whole sequence, was if we had used our timeout earlier in the game, the goal would have counted because the only thing they check for is if it crossed the line. The only reason it didn't count is because we had the challenge left for the interference.

Reactions: nabob

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
In my fantasy world where Peter Chiarelli is a good general manager, he calls up Rob Blake and gives him the Kevin Costner spiel from the movie Draft Day-

"Sorry, but Maroon for a 2nd round pick and Kevin Gravel isn't on the table anymore. It's a different world than it was five minutes ago. Your 1st this year, your 2nd next year... and you throw in Kale Clague. You have thirty seconds. Tick tock."

Because they're all ****ing buffoons?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I'm surprised that Mic Magooo didn't come flying out onto the ice to vehemently point at the net and call it a goal repeatedly.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad