Post-Game Talk: WTF just happened? Oil win 4-3

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
The NHL really needs to get it together, if you have a camera angle showing the puck over the line, you need to show it to the ****ing fans, it's ****ing 2018 for ****s sakes.

Again the embedded crossbar cameras

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Anyone care to explain why they got to replay 9.8 seconds after the goal was disallowed? How does that give them back the time?
I’d love an answer for this too. Right now the best I can come up with is because it’s a California team playing the Oilers. Would have been interesting to hear the league come up with an answer for that question if the Kings would have tied the game up in that final 9.8 seconds.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
They didn't, they let the game play out aaaand then decided to look at it. Strange that they would call it a goal after the game was over the first time. But if there was no controversy it wouldn't be the NHL...lol

Holy hell THE REFEREES DID NOT CALL IT A GOAL. TORONTO DID. THEN THE REFS SAID GOALIE INTERFERENCE NO GOAL

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Again the embedded crossbar cameras
It would be a lot less fishy if they showed us this camera angle. We don’t know what those guys are smoking in the war room. Unless you know, do you work there or something?

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Question:

On the original call (prior to any review), did the referee call it a goal or not?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I wonder how much Talbots comments had war room thinking about that review and knowing they screwed Oilers every time

Reactions: Aerrol

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I’d love an answer for this too. Right now the best I can come up with is because it’s a California team playing the Oilers. Would have been interesting to hear the league come up with an answer for that question if the Kings would have tied the game up in that final 9.8 seconds.

OMG I THOUGHT OILER FANS WERE INTELLIGENT.

THE PUCK CROSSED THE GOAL LINE WITH 9.8 SECONDS LEFT THAT IS WHERE THE PLAY STOPPED.

OMG YOU PEOPLE

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It would be a lot less fishy if they showed us this camera angle. We don’t know what those guys are smoking in the war room. Unless you know, do you work there or something?

It's NOT a production feed going through the broadcaster system

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Missed the game guys. What happened with all this goalie interference talk? Another BS call?

Can someone please explain what happened? I would really appreciate it.

Reactions: subnet

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
OMG I THOUGHT OILER FANS WERE INTELLIGENT.

THE PUCK CROSSED THE GOAL LINE WITH 9.8 SECONDS LEFT THAT IS WHERE THE PLAY STOPPED.

OMG YOU PEOPLE
Yep. Time expired in regular play.

Review to see if puck crosses the line. Time reverts to when it was crossed.

Goal reviewed for interference. Disallowed. Time still at that goal cross time.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I figured out how to neutralize McDavid. Put Lucic with him each game. My God, was #27 putrid tonight. And in a season full of putridness, he may have actually outdone himself this evening.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Cause they ruled the goal cross the line so it was a goal so time gets added back to where it happened. Then it was dissallowe for goalie interference.
That doesn’t make sense though. The end result of the play was no goal. Those 9.8 seconds had already been played. The only way those played 9.8 seconds doesn’t count was if a good goal is scored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad