Post-Game Talk: WTF just happened? Oil win 4-3

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Anyone care to explain why they got to replay 9.8 seconds after the goal was disallowed? How does that give them back the time?

The only thing I can think upon trying to make sense why time was added on is the first review resulted in a goal, so stoppage in play. Then the challenge showed goalie interference so they would replay the time left from there. If the puck was determined to not have crossed the line, the game would be over. That's what makes sense to me.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Apparently only Lucic got the memo that we're tanking. Did his damnedest to neutralise McDavid and Drai. But ultimately failed.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Nothing good comes from putting Klefbom and Benning in with seconds left when you have Nurse and Larsson.

DERP.

Benning was a tirefire out there tonight. Not sure what the hell he was doing on the Kings 2nd goal, racing around like a chicken without it's head. And in the dying minutes, I have no idea why he was out there. Thought Klef actually played a pretty good game, but anyone that is stuck with Benning as a partner is going to be covering a lot of ice.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Puck did cross the line but yeah, at least they got the right call on the interference otherwise Talbot was about to get fined again. Good game though, didn't expect that considering there's really nothing on the line but the shithead LA fans made it worth while.

Reactions: ujju2

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
I hate that I’m disappointed we won. Hurts the draft position and more importantly did the losers to the south a huge favor. Barf.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
It never did, or even came close to going over, based on the 12 replays I saw. NHL doing everything in their power to get the Kings into the playoffs. One of Bettman's darlings. This league can go screw itself.

Unless you have the feed from the war room you won't see it. Sportsnet commented upon this.

Incase people care here is the rule for video review and what toronto has the power to chime in on:

OMG FORMATTING SUCKS SORRY:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2017-2018-NHL-rulebook.pdf

Rule 38.4

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Was there ever a doubt when they decided to review it that it would initially be called a goal? I almost choked on my beer laughing.

What miraculous angle showed DEFINITIVE proof of a goal? Just stupid.

Reactions: ujju2 and nabob

Mark C

Feb 25, 2018
What would have really be interesting is if Doughty had scored with his point shot after the Brown sequence... scary to think about NHL rulings, really.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Puck did cross the line but yeah, at least they got the right call on the interference otherwise Talbot was about to get fined again. Good game though, didn't expect that considering there's really nothing on the line but the ****head LA fans made it worth while.
Not on any review that I looked at. Even the crossbar view you can see his pad get pushed in but I didn't see the puck there.

Reactions: ujju2

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Was there ever a doubt when they decided to review it that it would initially be called a goal? I almost choked on my beer laughing.

Again the embedded crossbar cameras

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Apparently only Lucic got the memo that we're tanking. Did his damnedest to neutralise McDavid and Drai. But ultimately failed.
No kidding. How he still deserves first line minutes is crazy. He was bad. The only play all game he made was to race to a puck in the corner and tie up a Dman so he couldn't clear it.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey

The NHL really needs to get it together, if you have a camera angle showing the puck over the line, you need to show it to the f***ing fans, it's f***ing 2018 for f***s sakes.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
I don’t like to see my team lose but in all honesty the only thing they are doing by winning at this point is giving themselves a worse draft position. Yeah if you’re a bubble team then go for it obviously but we are not a bubble team this year. Zero chance at playoffs. I think if you’re in the bottom ~10 teams or so by the deadline and relative to how close the wildcards are you should just tank it. I don’t believe in the whole “create a winning culture” bs because if you can’t win enough to get into the playoffs or at least very close then there clearly isn’t one anyways.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
What would have really be interesting is if Doughty had scored with his point shot after the Brown sequence... scary to think about NHL rulings, really.
We would have to argue that they scored earlier in the sequence then hope they determined a good goal then no goal again.

Reactions: Mark C

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
How do refs in their right mind call that a goal. Ridiculous.

They didn't, they let the game play out aaaand then decided to look at it. Strange that they would call it a goal after the game was over the first time. But if there was no controversy it wouldn't be the NHL...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad