Proposal: WSH - COL

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
It's tough on Washington from a cap perspective. Mantha's cap hit is gone after the season (and he'll return something this year at the TDL) and Lapierre will be a cheap full-time player in DC next season while RyJo will be an $8M anchor which would be less than ideal given the Caps still have Backstrom and Kuznetsov under contract next year as well.

Stevenson looks like Washington's goalie of the future so it'd be tough to give him up. That, and Byram's injury history makes me nervous. I'd probably say no but it's a good proposal.
$4m anchor

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
It's tough on Washington from a cap perspective. Mantha's cap hit is gone after the season (and he'll return something this year at the TDL) and Lapierre will be a cheap full-time player in DC next season while RyJo will be an $8M anchor which would be less than ideal given the Caps still have Backstrom and Kuznetsov under contract next year as well.

Stevenson looks like Washington's goalie of the future so it'd be tough to give him up. That, and Byram's injury history makes me nervous. I'd probably say no but it's a good proposal.
RyJo is receiving 4M since Nashville is retaining half his contract. both teams dont have much cap space now or moving forward, thats why I tried to make something close to even dollars cap wise. Id agree on your assesment of Stevenson, but Caps are strapped on that Kuemper long contract and Lindgren is having the best year of his career. so, at first, shouldnt be a spot open for Clay soon, while in the Avs he would immediately be in the NHL receiving a good amount of play time, considering how George is, being polite, unstable this season. should entice the player and his staff.

considering how Caps have already Cristal, McMichael and Protas for the middle, and given the fact that Lapierre has been receiving less opportunities, I assume would be easier for the Caps to move him, although I personally would want McMichael. in the Avs Lapierre could slot on the second line and would receive tons of minutes to show what he got, unlike in the Caps where he is last in the line.

I personally dont like Mantha but I added him for cap purposes. since he has one year left, shouldnt hurt the Avs and would, theoretically, make them even deeper to go all-in this season (something they should totally do). RyJo is not ideal of course, but to substitute Kuzy I think Caps could do a lot worse. also I think Ryjo could do better in the East than in the Avs, playing a quick transition game. Byram is struggling in the Avs, but I think still can become a solid top 4 D and would give the Caps an interesting backbone together with Fehervary and Sandin, moving forward. btw I think a Byram - Fehervary pairing could become a real pain for the other teams in the East to play against.

if maybe the deal is not too well balanced, I could put also some pick to sweeten the deal. unlike the Caps, Avs suck at drafting anyways so whatever. lol

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
RyJo is receiving 4M since Nashville is retaining half his contract. both teams dont have much cap space now or moving forward, thats why I tried to make something close to even dollars cap wise. Id agree on your assesment of Stevenson, but Caps are strapped on that Kuemper long contract and Lindgren is having the best year of his career. so, at first, shouldnt be a spot open for Clay soon, while in the Avs he would immediately be in the NHL receiving a good amount of play time, considering how George is, being polite, unstable this season. should entice the player and his staff.

considering how Caps have already Cristal, McMichael and Protas for the middle, and given the fact that Lapierre has been receiving less opportunities, I assume would be easier for the Caps to move him, although I personally would want McMichael. in the Avs Lapierre could slot on the second line and would receive tons of minutes to show what he got, unlike in the Caps where he is last in the line.

I personally dont like Mantha but I added him for cap purposes. since he has one year left, shouldnt hurt the Avs and would, theoretically, make them even deeper to go all-in this season (something they should totally do). RyJo is not ideal of course, but to substitute Kuzy I think Caps could do a lot worse. also I think Ryjo could do better in the East than in the Avs, playing a quick transition game. Byram is struggling in the Avs, but I think still can become a solid top 4 D and would give the Caps an interesting backbone together with Fehervary and Sandin, moving forward. btw I think a Byram - Fehervary pairing could become a real pain for the other teams in the East to play against.

if maybe the deal is not too well balanced, I could put also some pick to sweeten the deal. unlike the Caps, Avs suck at drafting anyways so whatever. lol
Ryjo would be just as useless in the east as he is in the west. A pure capdump. Avs should bench him sometime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad