Proposal: WSH - COL

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
Girard for Kuznetsov + 1 mil retention

I think Kuz can still play he's just being lazy cause he wants out. This is the rehab target the avs should've went after in the offseason instead of Ryjo but I guess Kuz was more expensive cause he was still putting up 55 points and ppg seasons before that and WSH wouldn't retain.

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Girard for Kuznetsov + 1 mil retention

I think Kuz can still play he's just being lazy cause he wants out. This is the rehab target the avs should've went after in the offseason instead of Ryjo but I guess Kuz was more expensive cause he was still putting up 55 points and ppg seasons before that and WSH wouldn't retain.
According to your own fans he has negative value

Reactions: LurkerMcgee

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
According to Washington fans Kuzy has negative value. No way we’re trading Girard if that’s the case
Think about it this way if Girard was an UFA, would be there any teams rushing to pay him 5mil per season. At most he'd get like 2.5

Ryjo we're just going to have to eat it unless we want to dish out a 1st for some team to take him, maybe he steps up in the playoffs maybe he goes full kadri next season as his deal runs out.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Think about it this way if Girard was an UFA, would be there any teams rushing to pay him 5mil per season. At most he'd get like 2.5
No. Your board already said he was a negative value. Attach a second round pick

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Ryjo we're just going to have to eat it unless we want to dish out a 1st for some team to take him, maybe he steps up in the playoffs maybe he goes full kadri next season as his deal runs out.

Top 4 dmen dont go for 2.5M

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I wouldn't trade RyJo straight up for Kuzy. Both are anchors, but one is a $4 mil anchor, the other is a $7.8 mil anchor.

Reactions: Ncit3

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
I wouldn't trade RyJo straight up for Kuzy. Both are anchors, but one is a $4 mil anchor, the other is a $7.8 mil anchor.
I see your point, but the difference is Ryjo has been an anchor for most of his career while Kuznetsov has only recently been one. Look at ROR people thought he was done last season putting up similar numbers to Ryjo on the blues, but with a change of scenery he's now back to what he was. Besides the avs don't have great options if they want a difference maker then a resurgent Kuznetsov is the only play imo. Give me that over Henrique, Jenner, Hayes all day.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
I see your point, but the difference is Ryjo has been an anchor for most of his career while Kuznetsov has only recently been one. Look at ROR people thought he was done last season putting up similar numbers to Ryjo on the blues, but with a change of scenery he's now back to what he was. Besides the avs don't have great options if they want a difference maker then a resurgent Kuznetsov is the only play imo. Give me that over Henrique, Jenner, Hayes all day.
That doesn’t magically give him value though

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Respect to the OP he’s not a homer, but I still need something to sweeten the deal

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Kuznetsov is too much of an issue/headcase.

Whatever you think of Girard, he's a guy that Bednar still trusts and uses in top-four minutes. They're not doing this.

Reactions: lionsDen

crab

Jan 26, 2019
As a Caps fan I would say Kuznetsov is one of the worst players in the league when you factor in his cap hit.

Offensively, defensively, attitude, physical presence all shit.

Does he have the talent to turn it around? Yes.

Will he turn it around on a new team? Highly unlikely.

Reactions: Caps8112

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
So we’re gonna replace RyJo with Kuznetsov?!? And give assets to do that?

No thanks

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
He's only got the one year left. The Caps should just lump it and ride it out with Kuznetsov, rather than take another underperforming player with more term, or retain any money, and certainly rather than trade a gem like Fehervary (who is going nowhere for a long time).

The Caps aren't going anywhere until the vets age out, and that cap space isn't as critical next year. No need to take on a longer problem for short-term relief.

Reactions: crab and Play

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
He's only got the one year left. The Caps should just lump it and ride it out with Kuznetsov, rather than take another underperforming player with more term, or retain any money, and certainly rather than trade a gem like Fehervary (who is going nowhere for a long time).

The Caps aren't going anywhere until the vets age out, and that cap space isn't as critical next year. No need to take on a longer problem for short-term relief.
I think he will be moved in offseason, at 50%. He’s not much of a risk at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad