Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Capitals sign Pheonix Copley to extension (3 years, $1.1M AAV)

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Blues suck at managing their goalies.

Traded Bishop and Elliott for picks, traded for Halak and then traded him as a throw in in the Ryan Miller trade, let Miller walk in free agency, let Hutton walk, traded for Copley and then gave him back to Washington for some reason.

And we are paying Jake Allen over 4m per year...

Reactions: searle

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Solid backup deal. Gives us more time to see what we have in Samsonov. And is easy enough to get rid of if/when Sammy looks to be ready.

Avs propably scouting him already, its been a while since we have traded goalies to Colorado.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Yeah it’s one of the weirdest names in the league.. it’s pronounced Phoenix but just not spelt the same way

Not that it’s a bad name, but i wonder what the thinking was behind it when his parents made that decision

Phoenix is actually just a spelling variation of the original word Phoinix. Same as Pheonix.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Yeah it’s one of the weirdest names in the league.. it’s pronounced Phoenix but just not spelt the same way

Not that it’s a bad name, but i wonder what the thinking was behind it when his parents made that decision

They definitely had some interesting choices for kid's names.

His brother's name is Navarone.

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
I remember watching him with the Chicago Wolves back when he was in St. Louis' farm system. It's great to see him having success with the Capitals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad