Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Capitals sign Pheonix Copley to extension (3 years, $1.1M AAV)

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Backup money for a backup goalie. Seems just right to me.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
He was a Caps prospect before he was a Blues prospect. ;)

787.png

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Am I the only one that initially read this as Washington Capitals sign Pheonix Coyotes?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
What matters is that under the expansion draft rules, each team needs a goalie exposed that is signed through the 2021-2022 season. Copley now covers this requirement for Washington.
Yes I know. Why is that news though? Obviously this was going to happen, the Caps were never going to be protecting Copley lol.

Holtby's not even signed for that season.
Who cares? He will be.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Is his name actually "Pheonix"?

Like, Phoenix, but misspelled?

Is it even pronounced the same? :laugh:

Yeah it’s one of the weirdest names in the league.. it’s pronounced Phoenix but just not spelt the same way

Not that it’s a bad name, but i wonder what the thinking was behind it when his parents made that decision

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah it’s one of the weirdest names in the league.. it’s pronounced Phoenix but just not spelt the same way

Not that it’s a bad name, but i wonder what the thinking was behind it when his parents made that decision

I don't know this kid's parents, but I'd hazard a guess that they just spelled "Phoenix" wrong on the birth certificate.

Like naming your kid "Micheal" instead of "Michael".

Or "Daved" instead of "David"

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad