Writer and actors on STRIKE. Most main stream TV and Movies come to a stand still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Dune Part 2 may not come out this year. If it's as "good" as SW EPS 7-9 I hope it never comes out.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I was just thinking when would we start hearing about shows cancelled due to the strikes

Here's another one at Amazon too...

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
A female lead isn’t woke but taking an existing franchise that takes all the (male characters) and replaces them with female characters like Ghostbusters did is woke for example.

Having a gay character isn’t woke but turning an existing character from a story who was never gay into a gay character just for social brownie points is woke.

Hiring people simply based on skin colour instead of the best candidate for the roll is woke.

This is the template for the writers and casting now….

There’s a couple of examples…..
that is not woke--stupid yes--woke no

Also--In the first terminator the female lead was this meek little thing. In T2, Cameron made it clear he wanted her to develop from being a victim to be someone who would kick ass

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
that is not woke--stupid yes--woke no

Also--In the first terminator the female lead was this meek little thing. In T2, Cameron made it clear he wanted her to develop from being a victim to be someone who would kick ass
It’s absolutely a definition of woke in this time but I agree it’s also stupid. T2 was over 30 years ago. Things have changed, so has the way things are done and why things are done.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It’s absolutely a definition of woke in this time but I agree it’s also stupid. T2 was over 30 years ago. Things have changed, so has the way things are done and why things are done.
The reboot of Battlestar Galactica, the flipping of Starbuck and Boomer--woke or creatity?

In an advance world there would be no difference in the sexes when it comes to fighter pilots---it is not Woke it is equality

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
The reboot of Battlestar Galactica, the flipping of Starbuck and Boomer--woke or creatity?

In an advance world there would be no difference in the sexes when it comes to fighter pilots---it is not Woke it is equality
I can’t comment on Battlestar cause I’ve never watched a movie or show. I gave my examples and if you don’t agree that’s fine

• Haha

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I think what old folks like 93gilmour fail to accept is that they've become irrelevant to Disney and most Hollywood.

The term "woke" is new, but the struggle of old folks getting grumpy at the changing world is as old as time.

Time to move on, old timer. You're not Disney's target audience and you never will be again. They'll toss you a bone on occasion (like Andor), but ultimately they only care about profits and their profits come from younger people, and so that's who they write and cast for.
You mean we're not stuck in a time loop where everyone exists in a nuclear family in 1950's America?

archangel2

May 19, 2019
personally I would like a definition and explanation of what WOKE is. When I ask people who use that word? They end up yelling and screaming without actually explaining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad