Writer and actors on STRIKE. Most main stream TV and Movies come to a stand still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
And it apparently only works one way for you. Woke scripts can only bring people to the movies but it’s impossible that it keeps people away. Got it :thumbu:
Way to put words in my mouth that I've never said lmao. I've already acknowledge yesterday that these type of scripts clearly impact people like you. But its not all doom and gloom like you think it is.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Way to put words in my mouth that I've never said lmao. I've already acknowledge yesterday that these type of scripts clearly impact people like you. But its not all doom and gloom like you think it is.
And I acknowledged yesterday there were other reason also but let’s not let context get in the way of your comments

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It leads to more negative than positive. That’s the difference.
Again, theres really no way to quantify that at this time lmao. You would need an extensive amount of surveying and data. Disney, would have the most and best data available to them to come to these conclusions. Do you really think they would continue this way if their data suggested insane losses and potentially going broke? I doubt it. We've seen companies back track on stuff all the time because of public backlash/fiscal gain/loses.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Again, theres really no way to quantify that at this time lmao. You would need an extensive amount of surveying and data. Disney, would have the most and best data available to them to come to these conclusions. Do you really think they would continue this way if their data suggested insane losses and potentially going broke? I doubt it. We've seen companies back track on stuff all the time because of public backlash/fiscal gain/loses.
Disney will be one of the next to back off eventually. After losses of over 123 billion last year the last thing they need is to become the next Bud Light. Just a matter of time imo

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This thread is so off topic I'm amazed how long it's been allowed to go on. There's a nice block feature on here that will make your lives a lot easier than the pointless going back and forth. You're better off talking to the wall.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

That doesn't make much sense to me.

If Bob Iger decides to change the types of movies and the race/gender of the stars in the movies he releases, only then they deserve to be paid fairly? In the meantime Iger and his friends laugh and soak up all the profits while making "woke" movies that make you angry.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
That doesn't make much sense to me.

If Bob Iger decides to change the types of movies and the race/gender of the stars in the movies he releases, only then they deserve to be paid fairly? In the meantime Iger and his friends laugh and soak up all the profits while making "woke" movies that make you angry.
Not angry but more disappointed with what Disney has become due to the horrible casting and writing. I won’t support anything or anyone connected to Disney right now

• Haha

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Not angry but more disappointed with what Disney has become due to the horrible casting and writing. I won’t support anything or anyone connected to Disney right now

Except you are supporting Disney in this fight. They love that you're against the writers and actors that they don't want to share profits with.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I don’t put a cent into Disney so how am I helping them. No products, no movies and no streaming services

I didn't say you are funding them, I said you are supporting them.

You are supporting Disney in their fight against having to pay their employees. If you hate Disney so much, you'd think you'd want their profits slashed by having to share them.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I didn't say you are funding them, I said you are supporting them.

You are supporting Disney in their fight against having to pay their employees. If you hate Disney so much, you'd think you'd want their profits slashed by having to share them.
I did my part in slashing profits that I can control from my end by stopping any of my money going to Disney. I could say I support or not but it won’t change anything. The only thing I actually have any control over is my money going to Disney. When the writers go and fight for workers in other jobs to get more money maybe then we can talk but all the writers couldn’t give a damn about those people so why care that overpaid writers are crying for more?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
When the writers go and fight for workers in other jobs to get more money maybe then we can talk but all the writers couldn’t give a damn about those people

I thought you were already upset at the writers for being too progressive and socially-conscious? Now you want to hear more from them politically?

so why care that overpaid writers are crying for more?

You literally just said you'd care as long their movies weren't woke. Now you're moving the goalposts to demand that they also picket outside a meat processing plant or something on behalf of other unrelated workers that are getting f***er over. It's like arguing you shouldn't be able to get a raise at work, unless you also go in and demand one for the IT guy.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I thought you were already upset at the writers for being too progressive and socially-conscious? Now you want to hear more from them politically?

You literally just said you'd care as long their movies weren't woke. Now you're moving the goalposts to demand that they also picket outside a meat processing plant or something on behalf of other unrelated workers that are getting f***er over. It's like arguing you shouldn't be able to get a raise at work, unless you also go in and demand one for the IT guy.
I’m just saying everyone is also treating these writers like they’re doctors and worthy of so much more. If the scripts aren’t woke and are good then sure go get more money cause the job is done well. What would you like me to do? Run out to Hollywood with a sign that says give them more money so we can watch more crappy entertainment

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I’m just saying everyone is also treating these writers like they’re doctors and worthy of so much more. If the scripts aren’t woke and are good then sure go get more money cause the job is done well.

Everyone deserves to be compensated fairly for their work. While writers and actors aren't "essential workers" like doctors, neither are the studio execs that you seem to like so much.

Again, all you're advocating here is for letting the ultra-wealthy keep all of the money.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Everyone deserves to be compensated fairly for their work. While writers and actors aren't "essential workers" like doctors, neither are the studio execs that you seem to like so much.

Again, all you're advocating here is for letting the ultra-wealthy keep all of the money.
So how about everyone boycotts Disney and the studio execs don’t get anything, the writers can go work somewhere else and the ultra wealthy gets screwed. It’s either that or these people in charge run the business and the writers make great money just not the extra they want

• Haha

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I’m just saying everyone is also treating these writers like they’re doctors and worthy of so much more. If the scripts aren’t woke and are good then sure go get more money cause the job is done well. What would you like me to do? Run out to Hollywood with a sign that says give them more money so we can watch more crappy entertainment
Whats woke and what isnt woke?

(i know you wont answer)

You all seem to have very definitions of what it is and just like to use it with a buzz word without much thought behind it.

Is a female being the lead woke? Is a lead not being white woke? Is having any signs of someone being gay or a different sexual orientation from heterosexual woke? Is anything not directly representing the patriarchy woke? Was casting Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey in TLOU woke?

Last edited:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
So how about everyone boycotts Disney

You mean cancel Disney?

The writers and actors are already striking against Disney and the other studios, and yet you don't support them.

and the studio execs don’t get anything, the writers can go work somewhere else and the ultra wealthy gets screwed. It’s either that or these people in charge run the business and the writers make great money just not the extra they want

The strike isn't about Disney specifically. If they go work somewhere else, they're still going to face the same problems with streaming rights and the other issues they are fighting. This is an industry wide issue, Disney is just one example...

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I think what old folks like 93gilmour fail to accept is that they've become irrelevant to Disney and most Hollywood.

The term "woke" is new, but the struggle of old folks getting grumpy at the changing world is as old as time.

Time to move on, old timer. You're not Disney's target audience and you never will be again. They'll toss you a bone on occasion (like Andor), but ultimately they only care about profits and their profits come from younger people, and so that's who they write and cast for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad