Wrestling Draft Round 2: Cor vs Dr Pepper

Which card do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
@JackSlater Hanging from the ladder is a briefcase, in it is the list of all the things missing from MCGs card.

Live from Newark NJ...MCorG proudly brings to you- a get out of new jersey quick card. No refs(the master ring workers slap count themselves), no point, only close friends allowed.

Could be. Might be stalling for MCG31 to inform Cor, and then the rest of us, regarding what is actually above the ring, in the briefcase etc.

tumblr_loaj4jrX501qbdgk6o1_500.gif

I think it's also fairly clear that booking a ladder match and answering a question of what is actually on the line is different than drafting referees, venues, creating a storyline or whatever else, given that the point of the ladder match is to get whatever is above the ring. I'm also highly doubtful that it impacts any person's vote (I have MCorG's card still very comfortably ahead) but what a strange stance to take.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Did better then your bloated card.
No. It isn't. Your 5 matches barely look better than my 5 worst and would be no more or less entertaining to sit thru.
Did better then your bloated card.
No. It isn't. Your 5 matches barely looks better than my 5 worst. Barely.

Your best match is your opener and likely no more entertaining than my 5th worst match.

Nothing you have touches my 5 best matches.

Rather pay however much money and be able to piss and eat at a wrestling fest when something that doesn't fit my style comes up (if it does) than whatever amount of money to feel like I should've stayed home.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Could be. Might be stalling for MCG31 to inform Cor, and then the rest of us, regarding what is actually above the ring, in the briefcase etc.

I think it's also fairly clear that booking a ladder match and answering a question of what is actually on the line is different than drafting referees, venues, creating a storyline or whatever else, given that the point of the ladder match is to get whatever is above the ring. I'm also highly doubtful that it impacts any person's vote (I have MCorG's card still very comfortably ahead) but what a strange stance to take.
Maaaan I didn't even really draft the referees, and it wasn't like anyone else was taking em. I just did it to throw a friends name up there in hopes that one day I will see him in a WWE ring. And yeah you bet yer arse I would have drafted a ring crew (the rest of my bros at CCW) at the time if I knew it would've irked so many here.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

And as it’s been explained to you, not all ladder matches have “something on the line”. There’s plenty of ladder matches that have had generic items above the ring and the goal is just to get it first, while the item itself is meaningless.

You dense boy

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't even read the writings tbh if anything they just annoy me and gets in the way of me trying to see what the actual matches are.

But others enjoy it and put value on it. To each their own, all part of the game.

I’m okay with the writings as long as the matches are CLEARLY listed before the backstory. Some writeups have the matches worked into them and it’s really annoying to read through to figure out what the matches are.

It's been you vs me the entire time. Why don't presidents fight the war, why do you always send the poor?

Because you have to earn your way to the money fight, obvs

You see... it’s really simple.

@Cor ’s an idiot. Right, Cor?

Reactions: Wrigley

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
That ladder match for object sounds great. Love seeing guys do spots killing themselves for an undisclosed reason. Love a good ice cold opener.

Reactions: Morozov

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That ladder match for object sounds great. Love seeing guys do spots killing themselves for an undisclosed reason. Love a good ice cold opener.

Yeah, totally wouldn’t be entertaining as shit.

I mean, we all can’t open our shows with a Jamie Noble Tag match

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Yeah, totally wouldn’t be entertaining as ****.

I mean, we all can’t open our shows with a Jamie Noble Tag match
Just want to see some effort put in is all. We can disagree on what we like, but I'm just wondering what your ladder match is. I didn't think asking about booking in a wrestling card would be such a hot issue. Your refusal to say and subsequent lashing out is quite entertaining though. More entertaining than this match I'd wager.
Lack of booking and stories is why I don't watch current wrestling. Was hoping for something more but I'm left to assume I'll be watching a Jeff Hardy ladder match with no heat and guys killing each other for no reason.

I'm not a kid, I don't like kid's shows. Way to insult your potential audience's intelligence there, Vince.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
And as it’s been explained to you, not all ladder matches have “something on the line”. There’s plenty of ladder matches that have had generic items above the ring and the goal is just to get it first, while the item itself is meaningless.

You dense boy

I'm aware that sometimes there are weapons above the ring, as already discussed. Is this a match with some weapon above the ring? Does the match end when the item is attained or is it just something that the person can use? Also laughing about the continued defensive posts after denying being defensive. It's more entertaining than the vast majority of the cards.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Just want to see some effort put in is all. We can disagree on what we like, but I'm just wondering what your ladder match is. I didn't think asking about booking in a wrestling card would be such a hot issue. Your refusal to say and subsequent lashing out is quite entertaining though. More entertaining than this match I'd wager.
Lack of booking and stories is why I don't watch current wrestling. Was hoping for something more but I'm left to assume I'll be watching a Jeff Hardy ladder match with no heat and guys killing each other for no reason.

I'm not a kid, I don't like kid's shows. Way to insult your potential audience's intelligence there, Vince.

I've never seen someone who actually voted for a card, go on to lambaste said card so frequently. :laugh:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Because you have to earn your way to the money fight, obvs
Well don't sell yourself short now, I've been coming at you the whole time- be it at you directly or thru your underlings (yknow, the ones that vote and kiss up to you?). Though, if it turns out that you're right here, that I have been earning my way to the money fight and you have been that path of earnings, who's the money fight?

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I've never seen someone who actually voted for a card, go on to lambaste said card so frequently. :laugh:
It was originally a legitimate question. I still prefer his card mostly, as said I'm a big fan of Almas and Kobashi.
Cor's lash out and refusal to answer and instead attack other people has been enjoyable though.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'm aware that sometimes there are weapons above the ring, as already discussed. Is this a match with some weapon above the ring? Does the match end when the item is attained or is it just something that the person can use? Also laughing about the continued defensive posts after denying being defensive. It's more entertaining than the vast majority of the cards.
That would be a difference maker! If MCorG did that, hung weapons over the ring, that I would stomp kick you and take MCG's OBC band off him and slide it up my arm without thinking twice.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Well don't sell yourself short now, I've been coming at you the whole time- be it at you directly or thru your underlings (yknow, the ones that vote and kiss up to you?). Though, if it turns out that you're right here, that I have been earning my way to the money fight and you have been that path of earnings, who's the money fight?
No my man, you had the money fight... twice. They both involved me, and you lost both times. Back of the line for you. Maybe next year, though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

upload_2019-8-20_10-16-8.jpeg

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
No my man, you had the money fight... twice. They both involved me, and you lost both times. Back of the line for you. Maybe next year, though.
There is no back of the line. I have no further competition than lady luck, and just because she likes you better, just means I have to challenge myself further. Only I can beat me, as time has told. You? Just lucky to be there for it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It was originally a legitimate question. I still prefer his card mostly, as said I'm a big fan of Almas and Kobashi.
Cor's lash out and refusal to answer and instead attack other people has been enjoyable though.

Except it’s been answered 1000 times and I didn’t attack anyone lmao

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Look, here’s a specific generic briefcase for you.

It doesn’t mean anything. Just whoever grabs it wins. Wrestlers want to win. The match is meant for entertainment, which is what wrestlers do, they entertain.

It’s a one off show.

I hope this suffices the weird obsession from a couple posters over a completely insignificant thing. If the item was meant to be significant, it would have been mentioned

61qFUM2QqqL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Except it’s been answered 1000 times and I didn’t attack anyone lmao
You've speculated on all the things it could be but wouldn't say which you're booking. So they're having a ladder match and trying to "kill themselves" over a generic briefcase with nothing inside. Good to know.
It's like a parody. A comedy show. Had pass on this generic, nothing match.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad