Wrestling Draft Round 2: Cor vs Dr Pepper

Which card do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I assume that they are trying to win the match. Before you stated that there weren't titles on the line I was content to assume that they were competing for some title and that was fine. I certainly don't care which title it is. It isn't going to be a make or break, as some overly defensive posts have tried to paint it, but it's a very strange decision to refuse to state the prize of a match where the point is the prize as opposed to pinning or submitting the opponent. If it was pretty much any other match type it wouldn't be noteworthy, but this is a ladder match.

And what's wrong with just assuming that it's a unstated title, or unstated briefcase with something inside? Shouldn't the wrestlers involved, and the match type matter a whole lot more than Venues, and Arbitrary Stakes in this regard, which have been discussed?

Like whether it's for a title, or a briefcase full of money, or a hanging trophy, or a briefcase full of slime does that really change the match? It's 7 guys trying to kill themselves and each other to climb a ladder and grab something hanging above the ring.

And the 7 guys involved would probably put on an epic ladder match. That should be what's important over a prop.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It is weird to have a ladder match with no stipulation listed....but that doesn't mean the match can't end with pinfall - which I assume yours does.

If the TLC matches didn't have a belt hanging overhead, I wouldn't care - I'd still know it's going to be one hell of an entertaining match, so I reckon this one would be as well. :dunno:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
And what's wrong with just assuming that it's a unstated title, or unstated briefcase with something inside? Shouldn't the wrestlers involved, and the match type matter a whole lot more than Venues, and Arbitrary Stakes in this regard, which have been discussed?

Like whether it's for a title, or a briefcase full of money, or a hanging trophy, or a briefcase full of slime does that really change the match? It's 7 guys trying to kill themselves and each other to climb a ladder and grab something hanging above the ring.

And the 7 guys involved would probably put on an epic ladder match. That should be what's important over a prop.

I don't know what you want to hear, but there's nothing else to say. It's a strange oversight to include a gimmick match built around wrestlers competing to get something that is suspended over the ring, and then not say what the something is. I did assume that it was a title until you posted that there were no titles on the line, so that was gone. You're needlessly attempting a strawman by comparing whether the wrestlers involved matter more than a venue or stakes, which is not a comparison that was made. It's not a match I like given the participants, but the card has a few other matches I do like to make up for that. Putting a ladder match and then not including what the match is actually for, after claiming that no titles were on the line, is missing a minor and easy point.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't know what you want to hear, but there's nothing else to say. It's a strange oversight to include a gimmick match built around wrestlers competing to get something that is suspended over the ring, and then not say what the something is. I did assume that it was a title until you posted that there were no titles on the line, so that was gone. You're needlessly attempting a strawman by comparing whether the wrestlers involved matter more than a venue or stakes, which is not a comparison that was made. It's not a match I like given the participants, but the card has a few other matches I do like to make up for that. Putting a ladder match and then not including what the match is actually for, after claiming that no titles were on the line, is missing a minor and easy point.

I’m not looking to hear anything lol

I’m answering what is being discussed.

It just seems weird to focus on something that isn’t even a requirement.

Not every Ladder Match has something on the line. Sometimes there’s nothing above the ring, or it’s a weapon hanging above the ring and the match still ends in Pinfall or submission. Sometimes there’s just a generic item above the ring. IIRC, one of the first ladder matches was just this music record above the ring that had no significance

A TLC Match is a variation of a ladder match and they regularly end in Pinfall or submission, but sometimes there is something above the ring.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I’m not looking to hear anything lol

I’m answering what is being discussed.

It just seems weird to focus on something that isn’t even a requirement.

Not every Ladder Match has something on the line. Sometimes there’s nothing above the ring, or it’s a weapon hanging above the ring and the match still ends in Pinfall or submission. Sometimes there’s just a generic item above the ring. IIRC, one of the first ladder matches was just this music record above the ring that had no significance

A TLC Match is a variation of a ladder match and they regularly end in Pinfall or submission, but sometimes there is something above the ring.

It started because I asked what is above the ring once you said that no titles are on the line, and you proceeded to say that basically you didn't know even though it's your match and you went out of your way to draft that match type. In the vast majority of ladder matches, and you called this a ladder match rather than a TLC match, there is something above the ring and the match ends when that thing is obtained or the match continues with the person using that item. That's why it's a ladder match and not a no disqualification match that features a ladder. If you don't know what's above the ring and still decided to draft a ladder match then it's a strange choice (or oversight) but I do enjoy the defensiveness surrounding it. It also would have remained largely unremarked upon had you tried a reasonable explanation, but here we are.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So me answering your question, saying that what is above the ring isn’t the focus, and that it can be any generic item you want to imagine it with, and pointing out that plenty of ladder matches haven’t had a specific title or prize above the ring, and use a generic item, or weapon, and some have even ended in Pinfall or submission, is “defensiveness”

Okay.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
So me answering your question, saying that what is above the ring isn’t the focus, and that it can be any generic item you want to imagine it with, and pointing out that plenty of ladder matches haven’t had a specific title or prize above the ring, and use a generic item, or weapon, and some have even ended in Pinfall or submission, is “defensiveness”

Okay.

You never answered the question. I didn't ask if you think what's above the ladder is the focus, I asked what exactly is above the ladder. The defensiveness pretty much drips off the posts, especially when the strawmen are broken out. If for some reason you can't answer a very simple question - what is above the ladder in a ladder match that you created - then that's very odd but no one can force you to answer I guess. Pointing out that some ladder matches have weapons above as the "prize" is fine but I was aware of that already and it doesn't answer the question. My question was quite specific and hasn't been, and I guess won't be, answered for whatever reason. It's so easily avoided that I don't see why so many words have been wasted instead of either answering it or letting it go.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
brooksie.png

I have another question @Cor

Noticed you spent a significant draft pick on Jeff Hardy, only for him to be lost in a multi man opener full of literal who's. Was wasting a 3rd round pick always apart of your plan -or- did something not pan out?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You never answered the question. I didn't ask if you think what's above the ladder is the focus, I asked what exactly is above the ladder. The defensiveness pretty much drips off the posts, especially when the strawmen are broken out. If for some reason you can't answer a very simple question - what is above the ladder in a ladder match that you created - then that's very odd but no one can force you to answer I guess. Pointing out that some ladder matches have weapons above as the "prize" is fine but I was aware of that already and it doesn't answer the question. My question was quite specific and hasn't been, and I guess won't be, answered for whatever reason. It's so easily avoided that I don't see why so many words have been wasted instead of either answering it or letting it go.

It’s a generic item.

You good now?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
brooksie.png

I have another question @Cor

Noticed you spent a significant draft pick on Jeff Hardy, only for him to be lost in a multi man opener full of literal who's. Was wasting a 3rd round pick always apart of your plan -or- did something not pan out?

There’s a story, but I don’t wanna discuss it until after this tourney is done

Reactions: Disclose

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
brooksie.png

@Cor there is a rumor out there that someone pitched you the idea of going with Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenta Kobashi as your headliner, but you thought they meant the other Kenta and you dismissed the idea immediately.
Is there any truth to this or is it pure speculation?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
brooksie.png

@Cor there is a rumor out there that someone pitched you the idea of going with Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenta Kobashi as your headliner, but you thought they meant the other Kenta and you dismissed the idea immediately.
Is there any truth to this or is it pure speculation?

Interestingly enough, I was thinking about doing KENTA vs Kenta.

But no, Kenta (Kobashi or KENTA) vs Okada was never on the table

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well whoever "gets" Judy Bagwell might win the match but will probably lose their life when she lands on them.

Well Jeff Hardy is pretty sure he stashed some drugs in her ass before she was put above the ladder so you’re going to see some real fire out of him tonight.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
i prefer not knowing what theyre fighting over, than putting titles on the line in every match, like some other cards.
i guess he coulda pick TLC instead and go with a pin/submission ending instead of forcing him to have something hanging.

I’ll be dead honest. The longer the writeup, the less likely I am voting for your card. Qui is one of the few I care to read through because it’s so bat shit insane.

I don’t care about venues, your announce crew, who you drafted to build the ring. It’s all about the meat and potatoes.

Reactions: Morozov

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
@JackSlater Hanging from the ladder is a briefcase, in it is the list of all the things missing from MCGs card.

Live from Newark NJ...MCorG proudly brings to you- a get out of new jersey quick card. No refs(the master ring workers slap count themselves), no point, only close friends allowed.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I’ll be dead honest. The longer the writeup, the less likely I am voting for your card. Qui is one of the few I care to read through because it’s so bat **** insane.

I don’t care about venues, your announce crew, who you drafted to build the ring. It’s all about the meat and potatoes.
Yeah...your card showed as much. Sad and disappointing. And Kakko>Hughes.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I’ll be dead honest. The longer the writeup, the less likely I am voting for your card. Qui is one of the few I care to read through because it’s so bat **** insane.

I don't even read the writings tbh if anything they just annoy me and gets in the way of me trying to see what the actual matches are.

But others enjoy it and put value on it. To each their own, all part of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad