Confirmed Trade: [WPG/VGK] Paul Stastny for 2022 4th round pick and Carl Dahlstrom

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Vegas getting some help in getting some cap breathing room

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I wonder if Vegas just bites the bullet and gives up a kings ransom to get rid of Fleury (Think Carolina would do it)
Pretty sure MAF would not want to goto the Devils, but as a Devils fan I hope we can somehow get him plus a good asset. The two year term is perfect for us and MAF is a very capable goalie still. And if he did get taken in expansion draft (very doubtful) it’s not a big deal.
It would all depend on the asset attached .
I’m guessing Hague is too much ??

Also , would adding Stastny have any impact at all on the Jets then considering trading Laine ?
With added cap they would need to move Laine more so or the opposite... reuniting Stastny with Laine a d the Jets move a different forward for D help?

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Keep Laine then if Stastny is coming. They had nice chemistry in their short time together. Ehlers should go somewhere in that case if they need the cap space.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Keep Laine then if Stastny is coming. They had nice chemistry in their short time together. Ehlers should go somewhere in that case if they need the cap space.

They are just bringing in Stastny as a stop gap I'm guessing for one year. Doubt they plan on keeping him longer.

Reactions: Mestaruus

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Sure.. im also not expecting Armstrong to stand pat and play with his nuts while his 1D walks out the door.

All the Blues need to do is to add one good dman and they still have a better dcore than the Jets, if they already don't.

But a fair point.

I understand, yeah. I guess I tend to be of the opinion that teams need to ask in their own best interests, and shouldn't be too worried about helping or hurting other teams. The goal is to be the best team in the league and I don't think you do that by taking worse deals in order to spite others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad