Confirmed Trade: [WPG/VGK] Paul Stastny for 2022 4th round pick and Carl Dahlstrom

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
So Stephenson or Glass/Krebs is Vegas 2nd line C if it happens?

Quite risky for a team that feels it's ready to contend, IMO.

Glass has to be the one. He looked okay there last season in the limited time Gallant would play him there.

Mostly stuck him on wing with Eakin as his center. That hindered him but so did his lack of muscle. By all accounts, and pictures I've seen of him recently, he's added some muscle while he's been out.

It's sink or swim for him but that what you expect at this point of his development.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Didn’t he leave Wpg as a UFA?
I mean it doesn’t seem like he wants to be there.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yeah he did. Apparently Vegas offered him a a bit more coin. But he did waive his ntc from STL to come here. Not sure if Wpg was on his ntc again, but anyway, he's a Jet next year.

Reactions: hn777 and Bobby9

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Nice.

And if Jets find another top 4Dman that will be awesome, after signing Demelo and getting Perfetti.
Heinola and Samberg even if one of them steps in.
Looking good so far...

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario

Vegas gave him an offer of 6.5M x 3 years. Stastny was interested in staying, but the Jets would only offer him one of those things, so he took the better deal (and clearly their suspicions were accurate).

We could end up re-signing him after as a mentor, too. Lots of possibilities, as long as we rob Vegas.

Cap would be stretched thin, but I'd love it if the Jets did this, then scooped Pietrangelo as an F-U. That would repay some of the debt over the years.

Reactions: hn777 and Bobby9

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I could see Winnipeg trading more than people think. Centers are a tough find this year in FA. There is a reason why first name off the board for Vegas is Stastny.

I would agree, but Vegas is in such deep trouble with the cap, they are desperate to shed salary in a league that will not take it. The number of teams who could take on a 6.5M 2C is very small, maybe Florida and a couple of others? I just don't see how this works in Vegas' favor.

Reactions: hn777

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Vegas would still need another move to even consider making a pitch to him.
They'd have all offseason to figure that out though, wouldn't they? They'd have a cap hit of like 86.3 mil if they move Stastny and sign Pietro for 8.5 mil.

They probably trade one of their d-men too.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I wonder if Vegas just bites the bullet and gives up a kings ransom to get rid of Fleury (Think Carolina would do it)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
You realize which conference and division that #1 defenseman is from, right?

Sure.. im also not expecting Armstrong to stand pat and play with his nuts while his 1D walks out the door.

All the Blues need to do is to add one good dman and they still have a better dcore than the Jets, if they already don't.

But a fair point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad