Proposal: WPG - TOR - FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 157595

There are a lot of problems with this proposal, but lost in the particulars is the fact that Alex Barkov is simply not available for anything even remotely realistic.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Winnipeg looks like the clear winner here; they are getting by far the best player in the whole scenario. I think they take this in a heart-beat, even with the loss of Trouba and Copp. Florida gets a lot of good peices but is losing their franchise 1C in Barkov. Nylander is great, but he isn’t at a Barkov level. I don’t think the Panthers take this deal. Toronto gets a true top pairing (or at least very good 2nd pairing) RHD, and that is worth Nylander (painful as shiping him out would be) and a very late 1st (at least mid-late 20s). Ekblad’s health is a concern (and his cap hit is hefty), but I think Toronto is willing to take the risk, since this trade immediately shores up their weakest position.

I would think if this scenario comes up, Toronto says yes, Winnipeg screams yes and Florida takes a long look and then walks away.

There is also the “trading within the division” issue here. Florida in particular wouldn’t be thrilled to see Toronto’s biggest (and frankly only) area of weakness suddenly shored up.

member 157595

What if instead of Copp in the offer, it was Wheeler or Ehlers?

You're suggesting Winnipeg move Trouba AND Wheeler? Wheeler's easily a better hockey player than Laine at the moment, how does moving Wheeler help them right now?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Ekblad could be better in the long run, or not. His head is the question mark. Nylander has been anything other than a disappointment. It's pretty simple.
Your previous post intimated that you couldn't understand why the Leafs would make the trade. Now you are admitting Ekblad could be better in the long run. You are also aware of the Leafs trash d-corps. So you obviously were being disingenuous when saying you don't know why the Leafs would do it. If Ekblad didn't have the concussion questions this wouldn't even be close. I love Nylander but on a contending team he is probably a 2nd line player.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
My first proposal,

To Toronto:
Ekblad

To Winnipeg:
Barkov

To Florida:
Trouba
Nylander
Copp
Toronto’s 2019 1st

This addresses Toronto’s RHD need with a hometown boy, Winnipeg’s need for a Center for Laine (a magical pairing). And Florida gets a big haul.

your first proposal, and hopefully your last. holy jesus is that awful.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
You're suggesting Winnipeg move Trouba AND Wheeler? Wheeler's easily a better hockey player than Laine at the moment, how does moving Wheeler help them right now?
I'm not saying this is a good idea - I'm just curious if people think Trouba + Wheeler = Barkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad