Proposal: WPG - TOR - FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Jets: Insta yes. trouba and a spare part turns into barkov? WOW
Leafs: reluctantly say yes. would be a no brainer without ekblads concussion issues and hot and cold play
Florida: they get hammered. mainly because they only get trouba back for Barkov

Jets need to add a SIGNIFICANT piece or 2. leafs might even need to add a decent prospect

Jets: Barkov
Leafs: Ekblad
Panthers: Nylander, Trouba, Roslovic, Bracco, Leafs 1st, Jets 1st

I would do Trouba, Roslo, 1st for Barkov. I am a big fan of Barkov though.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
My first proposal,

To Toronto:
Ekblad

To Winnipeg:
Barkov

To Florida:
Trouba
Nylander
Copp
Toronto’s 2019 1st

This addresses Toronto’s RHD need with a hometown boy, Winnipeg’s need for a Center for Laine (a magical pairing). And Florida gets a big haul.

Florida says HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
So you think offering Trouba, Roslovic and a late 1st is close to the value you would accept for Scheifele or Laine?

I would not accept it but I am saying that the value isn't that far off.

A 1D, blue chip, and a first isn't terrible. It's not something I would expect Florida to accept.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I would not accept it but I am saying that the value isn't that far off.

A 1D, blue chip, and a first isn't terrible. It's not something I would expect Florida to accept.

Then why did you post it if you didn't think they would like it?

Also, the value IS terrible. I am just calling you out on your bullshit. A franchise C, with incredible metrics and great traditional stats will not ever be traded for a #2 D, a #3 C with #2C potential, and a late first.

Imagine I offered Rielly (almost a perfect comparable when you check the stats), Kadri (big upgrade on Roslo) and our first for Laine or Scheif. You would probably post about how dumb and awful Leaf fans are, like you do in all the other threads.

Perspective, man. Perspective!

Reactions: cowboy82nd

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Then why did you post it if you didn't think they would like it?

Also, the value IS terrible. I am just calling you out on your bull****. A franchise C, with incredible metrics and great traditional stats will not ever be traded for a #2 D, a #3 C with #2C potential, and a late first.

Imagine I offered Rielly (almost a perfect comparable when you check the stats), Kadri (big upgrade on Roslo) and our first for Laine or Scheif. You would probably post about how dumb and awful Leaf fans are, like you do in all the other threads.

Perspective, man. Perspective!

You are taking this WAY too seriously.

"I am just calling you out on your bull****"

I didn't even come up with the proposal. I just said I would do it. You've somehow taken that personally.

But you've shown me the error of my ways. I'll take my shame and gracefully exit.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
You are taking this WAY too seriously.

"I am just calling you out on your bull****"

I didn't even come up with the proposal. I just said I would do it. You've somehow taken that personally.

Not personally - your name stands out, you've created a legacy of being one of the posters who absolutely loves antagonizing Leaf fans. Many have you blocked, as I now know from other members telling me. So now I am just making an effort to call you out on your trash.

If you're going to whine about Leaf fans, at least don't be a hypocrite and pull the same move.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Not personally - your name stands out, you've created a legacy of being one of the posters who absolutely loves antagonizing Leaf fans. Many have you blocked, as I now know from other members telling me. So now I am just making an effort to call you out on your trash.

Feel free to follow my antics and call me out as you like :) <3

Signed,

The HF Chupacabra

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

If you're going to whine about Leaf fans, at least don't be a hypocrite and pull the same move.

Actually going back, I don't think I was out of line at all. I'll agree the deal is probably worse than I initially thought as I wouldn't accept Rielly/Kadri/1st for Scheif or Laine but all I said was that I would accept the deal and that I wouldn't blame Florida fans for saying no. Such a weird time to start a "You're a menace" rant lol.

For the crime of saying "It's not that far off" when it was far off, I am guilty. As for the rest, a resounding "LOL"

Keep in mind, this is the straw that apparently broke the camels back

It's not too far off but I don't blame you for saying no. Barkov is fantastic!

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I think you are overrating Ekblad. Would you be happy dealing Ehlers + 1st for him? Remember, he's on year 2 of an 8 year deal worth 7.5 million. He had 38 points last year, with a -1.9 CF rel and 54% offensive zone starts.

Making out like bandits? Hardly.
So you have now resorted to lying about his numbers? His CF rel is -0.5 and he had 42% offensive zone starts.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I feel bad for all my home town panthers fans who get tortured in proposals. I mean I don't think I've seen one proposal that actually helps the Panthers in the slightest margin. The Panthers aren't trading their best #1 center they have had in franchise history for a guy who has mostly played winger in his whole career (Although Nylander, Huberdeau, and Trochek would be something to watch), and trading their former 1ST OVERALL PICK, for Trouba?????? wot... why... when... HOW did this idea formulate in ur brain??!?! Also, the Maple Leafs center core would be overkill at this point if they had Barkov. That's like Golden State levels of stupid good.

Reactions: Beezeral

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I feel bad for all my home town panthers fans who get tortured in proposals. I mean I don't think I've seen one proposal that actually helps the Panthers in the slightest margin. The Panthers aren't trading their best #1 center they have had in franchise history for a guy who has mostly played winger in his whole career (Although Nylander, Huberdeau, and Trochek would be something to watch), and trading their former 1ST OVERALL PICK, for Trouba?????? wot... why... when... HOW did this idea formulate in ur brain??!?! Also, the Maple Leafs center core would be overkill at this point if they had Barkov. That's like Golden State levels of stupid good.

Not that it makes the deal better for Florida, but Barkov goes to winnipeg, not Toronto.

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad