Proposal: WPG - TOR - FLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinne

Oct 10, 2016
Tampere
Barkov is pretty much unmovable at this point. He is too good player. Too important for Florida as he has been driving the whole team for couple years. And the value of his contract is among the best in NHL. It wouldn't make sense for many teams to acquire Barkov either. The cost would be massive. Yeah, you would get that #1C but it would cripple the team in other ways.

I don't see Scheifele-Barkov in Winnipeg as possibility. Only scenario where Barkov being traded to Winnipeg makes sense even a little is if Scheifele is going to other way. And I'm not sure that makes sense either. Florida won't give up Sasha for "spare parts". They wanna contend now. And they need their #1C for that.

Ekblad is harder. He has had a lot of injury problems. His progression has been derailed a bit by them. But last season from Ekblad wasn't that bad. He is currently something like #2-#3D who could still turn it around and evolve to that #1D he was expected to be. He has to if he wants to live up to that contract...

Horrible proposal from FLA perspective.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Jets: Insta yes. trouba and a spare part turns into barkov? WOW
Leafs: reluctantly say yes. would be a no brainer without ekblads concussion issues and hot and cold play
Florida: they get hammered. mainly because they only get trouba back for Barkov

Jets need to add a SIGNIFICANT piece or 2. leafs might even need to add a decent prospect

Jets: Barkov
Leafs: Ekblad
Panthers: Nylander, Trouba, Roslovic, Bracco, Leafs 1st, Jets 1st

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
7.5M for Ekblad with his concussion history and it costs us Nylander and a 1st....gotta imagine there is a different RHD out there to go for with that as our trade chips.

Ares

May 8, 2018
Good trade. WPG gets Statsny replacement and FLA is one step closer to Jack Hughes.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Barkov is not tradable(he’s one of those players that would need a significantly higher qaulity pay off like McDavid or maybe Dahlin plus). So why the heck would they trade Barkov and Ekblad for a significantly weaker re-payment...

Reactions: Laus723

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
Jets: Insta yes. trouba and a spare part turns into barkov? WOW
Leafs: reluctantly say yes. would be a no brainer without ekblads concussion issues and hot and cold play
Florida: they get hammered. mainly because they only get trouba back for Barkov

Jets need to add a SIGNIFICANT piece or 2. leafs might even need to add a decent prospect

Jets: Barkov
Leafs: Ekblad
Panthers: Nylander, Trouba, Roslovic, Bracco, Leafs 1st, Jets 1st
I would do this

Reactions: Ares

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Omg ew. I wouldn't trade Nylander straight up for Ekblad, let alone us adding a 1st.

Jokes you think they're trading Barkov for anything less than a Matthews-like return too.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Toronto and Winnipeg make out like bandits here.

I think you are overrating Ekblad. Would you be happy dealing Ehlers + 1st for him? Remember, he's on year 2 of an 8 year deal worth 7.5 million. He had 38 points last year, with a -1.9 CF rel and 54% offensive zone starts.

Making out like bandits? Hardly.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
My first proposal,

To Toronto:
Ekblad

To Winnipeg:
Barkov

To Florida:
Trouba
Nylander
Copp
Toronto’s 2019 1st

This addresses Toronto’s RHD need with a hometown boy, Winnipeg’s need for a Center for Laine (a magical pairing). And Florida gets a big haul.
The Leafs would rather Trouba...

Bargainbin

1 FOR 1
Jun 17, 2017
So Florida loses their best center, an elite number 1,2 way forward and their top defenseman for another winger which they are stacked at. A defenseman not as valued as ekblad, a first and Copp. Delete

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
New trend? Jets fans seem to have discovered and/or covet Barkov lately.

Well there was that photo of him playing tennis with Laine, Selanne and Kurri on reddit, two of whom are Winnipeg's favourite Finns.

On a more serious note, even as a Jets fan that pays little attention to the Panthers it's obvious that any proposal with the name Barkov in it should just be ignored and assumed to be terrible. He's too good, the Panthers will never trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad