Proposal: WPG-PIT

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
So, I do like that the OP included that Kulikov contract in the proposal - that contract has negative value. I think that other Jets fans are underestimating how hard it could be to move that contract in the offseason. If Brassard is playing like his old self at the TDL, I wouldn't be upset if that trade was made (Kulikov + KV for Brassard+Sheahan+2019 2nd). I wouldn't be thrilled, but I understand that now is the time to push, and I definitely don't regard KV as highly as others do.

It's not as outrageous as others are making it out to be.

Was my thinking with the Kulikov contract. Figured if the Jets are going to have to package an asset as sweetener to dump it in the summer, why not just do it now and get a better player who can be of use for the stretch run?

I mean every time you post a trade you expect some push back, but definitely a little surprised that this was laughed off so easily with no counteroffers. Gotta adjust how I look at some of your players/prospects I guess.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yeah....but now he’s 40 points and a year less on his contract. It’s a small sample size at this point. Maybe he catches fire in the next 20 games. But at this point the Pens do well to get a 1st.

Yeah he is passed 1st Rd territory entering UFA. I just wonder what direction Pitt is headed. Are they going to stack their chips for one last run, or start to build up assets? Starting with Kessel? I'd take Brassard for Lemieux, who is a physical player for a kind of dirty division. 4th line grit, which losing Reaves hurt for the Pens. PKer, maybe a guy who can hit double digits in goals with PP time. And our 2nd. Not much more than that. Maybe we'll give you a prospect like Gustafsson.

You can get a 1st for Kessel.

Rebuild the core.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00