GDT: WPG @ NY. 6 PM CST Kickoff: Road to the Superbowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I keep hoping to see that the Jets have announced a press conference to announce the signings of Trouba and Lowry; no signings to announce as of yet apparently. :(

Oh well, I feel good about this game regardless. The Jets will win!

Time for a quick musical interlude; guaranteed this will probably be the best song that you hear over the next hour or so, perhaps...

The Brain

Mar 9, 2011
riders.jpg

Just kidding.

Made this a few years ago... still enjoy it.
newsasklogo.jpg

Can't watch the game tonight, so it's going to be a phone update evening. Here's hoping to see lots of notifications that make me happy.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets 52, Giants 0.

Or, the Jets lose one and we all call for Noel to be fired, Burmi to be moved up, Jokimitts to be benched, Kulda to play, and Buff to be moved to forward. You know, the usual.

Don't forget demoting that third liner Captain we have, we need someone who's actually earned his stripes!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I know we already have a thread on the guy, but when the heck does Kulda play? What was the point in bringing him in and signing him if he just collects dust?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Trade deadline my friend. It's clear we want to keep Kulda, but any of the lower D-men may be in play.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Maybe Kulda just isn't ready?
I know everyone here (including me) is he high on him, but maybe at this point he's still adjusting back to the NHL game.
I just don't see him being ready to go, and better than what we have a being held out of the lineup.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I keep hoping to see that the Jets have announced a press conference to announce the signings of Trouba and Lowry; no signings to announce as of yet apparently. :(

Oh well, I feel good about this game regardless. The Jets will win!

Time for a quick musical interlude; guaranteed this will probably be the best song that you hear over the next hour or so, perhaps...

Ah yes, I keep waiting for that press conference as well :)

I'd like to see a larger version of your avatar :handclap:

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
I don't imagine kulda will be in for forever. Postman's ahead of him and even he hasn't been in for reallllly long time (unless I've missed him).

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I hope at worse the Jets get a split on this road trip however lately starting the week out great has not been good for us. Two weeks ago We beat Boston to start the week then dumped the back to backs to Washington before salvaging the Tampa bay game.......then last week we start out beating Carolina and look like we are off to the races then we lost to Pitt and Carolina.

My gut has been wrong on almost every prediction this year with the Jets and don't feel good at all about tonight......so we have that going for us :laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Ger Jerts Ger.

I have lost faith in the team again. Time for them to make me believe again. That's how this relationship works. :)

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Trade deadline my friend. It's clear we want to keep Kulda, but any of the lower D-men may be in play.

Are you saying we're showcasing the other lower D men? Postma I could see. Don't think Meech has much trade value but that is a possible explanation I guess.

Maybe Kulda just isn't ready?
I know everyone here (including me) is he high on him, but maybe at this point he's still adjusting back to the NHL game.
I just don't see him being ready to go, and better than what we have a being held out of the lineup.

I don't imagine kulda will be in for forever. Postman's ahead of him and even he hasn't been in for reallllly long time (unless I've missed him).

I would have to agree that Noel must not think Kulda is ready or better than whomever he has been using as the #6 (Meech / Postma). I'm not of the opinion that Kulda is amazing, or that he can be anywhere but on the bottom pair, but I do remember liking him last year, and he did have a good season in the KHL (or so I've heard), so I still find it strange that he hasn't played in one game yet. My own personal (obviously could be hugely distorted due to time and bias), is that I feel that he would be an upgrade on Meech, and on the Postma we've seen in the second half.

It's not like we've had an extended winning streak to disrupt or anything. :sarcasm:

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
I sense victory... in a 3-2 OT win.

Wheeler with 2 goals and GWG from Wellwood out of all people.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Are you saying we're showcasing the other lower D men? Postma I could see. Don't think Meech has much trade value but that is a possible explanation I guess.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Postma hasn't played much though. I'm thinking Meech as part of a larger trade. You never know.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Funny, I first read this as if the Winnipeg Jets could play better QB for the Bombers :laugh:

Sadly, I bet Bogo can throw a mean pass and call an option, unlike any of the WBB :shakehead

The good news is that as bad as the Bomber QB's are, they are still miles better than the Jets' QB's ;)...Sanchez and Tebow suck :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad