Confirmed Trade: [WPG/MTL] Joel Armia, Steve Mason, 2020 4th & 2019 7th to Habs for Simon Bourque

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2006
If you guys traded Armia to resign Statsny, you are mad.

Why choose a player who turns 33 this year over a player who is at his prime?

You'd choose a player who is one big injury away from end of career?

PS. he has only 2 x full 82 and 1 x 81, 1 x 79 game seasons,12 seasons, in 8 of them
he has suffered some sort of injury, include 4 major injuries and 1 serious infection which
led to Appendectomy.

This was not about choosing Stastny over Armia, is that what you’re suggesting?

Trading Armia is dealing from a position of strength (enough young wingers) and using his value to get rid of a bad contract so you can do other things with the money saved. That may or may not be Stastny.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Maybe a factor why Montreal acquired him?

Possibly a side thought but in reality it probably didn't matter a whole lot. Kotkaniemi is still at least a year or two away from the NHL, who knows what role Armia has in the team by the time Kotka makes it. Armia just happened to be expendable enough for the Jets to move him for cap space and Bergevin seized to it.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Ya that sucks.

They should have at least had an agreement.
“If you agree to this term/money, we’ll clear some cap space to make it happen.”

Not.. “okay we cleared some space.. do you think you would sign with us.”

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Hopefully the two annual Armia threads on the main board with “omg look at this” and “wow he is breaking out” will end

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
Why would they help the Jets out of their cap bind for nothing in return? And don't tell me Armia is some can't miss prospect, he's a 25 year old bottom six forward. He's not going to improve. I would have demanded at least a 2nd round pick for taking on Mason's contract.
Just came here to remind myself what Montreal had to give up to get Armia, but might as well point out that players at 25 can definately improve..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad