Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets re-sign Mark Scheifele - (8 years, $6.125M AAV)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
They better hope he is as good as they think he is. Seems like a lot of money

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Every 8 year deal comes with risk, especially for young players that haven't consistently proven to be top end talent, but this is the type of risk teams like Winnipeg need to make. Scheifele is emerging as a very good player. If he continues at his current level of play the deal will work out. If he takes another step the deal will be a steal.

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
something about the guy makes you feel like he's a safe player to bet on. I don't think there's many players his age that study the game like he does and take all the off ice stuff as seriously as he does. Looks like he'll be a regular 30/30 guy and if he plays with Laine, that could end up being 30/45 pretty easily, one would think.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Every 8 year deal comes with risk, especially for young players that haven't consistently proven to be top end talent, but this is the type of risk teams like Winnipeg need to make. Scheifele is emerging as a very good player. If he continues at his current level of play the deal will work out. If he takes another step the deal will be a steal.

Nice to see a measured, logical take in a sea of steals and overpayments.

The contract makes a ton of sense for both Scheifele and the Jets the day it was signed. That's all you can ask.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I don't think you could find a Jets fan who doesn't believe Scheifele is a top end talent. The Jets board is like a bunch of school girls at a boy band concert.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad