Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Hellebuyck sign 6 year deal with Jets ($6.167M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I could be brutal, but then I can guarantee that someone here would complain about it. Some people can't handle the truth. The Ugly Truth.
tenor.gif

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I could be brutal, but then I can guarantee that someone here would complain about it. Some people can't handle the truth. The Ugly Truth.

You’ve been holding onto that comment for a while now I’m guessing hahaha

The Ugly Truth

May 23, 2018
*single*

So that's 1 right?

Where would Helle rank on a list of goalies, in your opinion?

Good question. The answer is at this stage I honestly don't know. If he can play similarly to how he was in the first 3/4 of last year then I would put him in the top 10.

In no particular order I would consider Rinne, Price (if he can recover), Quick, Holtby, Murray, Fleury, Bobrovsky, Jones, Dubnyk, Gibson, Vasilevskiy and Rask.

Murray is a question mark in my books - like Hellebuyck he has not yet been around long enough to be proven to be a consistent elite NHL goalie. Top 10 and top 5 can vary wildly year to year amongst these dozen or so goalies.

If I was building a team today and had to pick three goalies I would choose Gibson and Quick and gamble on either Murray or Price recovering.

Crazed Fan

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I think that the Jets signed a very good goalie at a very good price. I would certainly invest in him and believe he is very able to be consistent. His bounce backs after a loss throughout last season demonstrated 1 example of consistency. I would assume he is now working on maintaining his endurance and staying focussed for long playoff runs knowing he is now the main guy in net.
For any more consistency based arguments we are just gonna have to wait a few years now arent we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad